Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Will Go To An Afc Team...

bap1331

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, the best choice is San Fran, but they seem happy with Alex Smith

yea i have no idea why people are mentioning san fran. They are just fine with Alex Smith. Kaepernick announced he will compete for the starting job. My friend was the left tackle for Kaepernick in Nevada.

I like the Broncos or Dolphins as his new team. Dolphins have a good run game and a decent d(I think). The broncos. I liked the broncos since I was a kid, just because there colors...but they have a Good Wr a good D...But I dont know honestly

Why the Broncos? They have Tebow. lol. Hes gonna have a great career!

I'd like to see him end up with KC or Arizona. The Chiefs fans are great and deserve a super bowl. Arizona would be great because it's the NFC and west coast which means we'd have a better chance of getting to see him play as the 4:00 Fox game (I expect the Colts will play a lot of 1:00 Sunday games).

I'd be disappointed to see him go to Miami, Jets, or wash. Miami has a great NBA team, simply by buying the best players - I don't like the thought that they would be buying the main cog in their football team. Jets - I hate the annual media hype and Rex Ryan. Redskins: as I said in another thread it would be a travesty to see the team that caused the neck injury with a cheap shot end up with him.

Finally, like some others, I had to laugh when PM said he hadn't thought about where he would end up. I would be highly surprised if his agent hasn't been having informal discussions with other teams for the past month.

I'd like to see him end up with KC or Arizona. The Chiefs fans are great and deserve a super bowl. Arizona would be great because it's the NFC and west coast which means we'd have a better chance of getting to see him play as the 4:00 Fox game (I expect the Colts will play a lot of 1:00 Sunday games).

I'd be disappointed to see him go to Miami, Jets, or wash. Miami has a great NBA team, simply by buying the best players - I don't like the thought that they would be buying the main cog in their football team. Jets - I hate the annual media hype and Rex Ryan. Redskins: as I said in another thread it would be a travesty to see the team that caused the neck injury with a cheap shot end up with him.

Finally, like some others, I had to laugh when PM said he hadn't thought about where he would end up. I would be highly surprised if his agent hasn't been having informal discussions with other teams for the past month.

I would doubt if his agent talked to anyone because if he had and got caught that would get a BIG FINE for sure. Condon is smarter than that. JMO of course.

Miami, Arizona, Seattle, KC will be all that he will consider as the top 4 in the end, IMO.

Supposedly, there is this thing called the CAA - http://en.wikipedia...._Artists_Agency

It says above: In 2006, CAA began its expansion into sports. Athletes such as Sidney Crosby, LeBron James, Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo and many agents from IMG have joined CAA.[12] USA Today said, "In little more than one rim-rattling year, Creative Artists Agency--longtime superpower of actors, directors, writers, musicians and entertainment/corporate deal-making--has built CAA Sports from concept to colossus."[13]

Tebow is a CAA client. Florio pointed out that like Alex Smith (CAA Client) you would think that Tom Condon wouldn’t want to compete with their other clients for head spots. This could mean nothing, but something to consider when you look at what teams Manning may go to. So cross out Denver and San Fran from the list, safe to say.

Another thing to note - Emmitt Thomas #18 jersey has been retired by the Chiefs, so Peyton cannot wear #18 there.

I wonder who the 12 teams are

1) Jets

2) Washington

3) Arizona

4) Miami

5) Seattle

6) Denver

7) Tennessee

I believe those 7 have been confirmed in expressing interest, so who are the remaining 5? I keeping hearing Houston as a mention. Kansas City is likely.

Kansas City has confirmed expressing interest, Condon has ties to Kansas City I heard. They have already reached out to him: http://www.arrowhead...ee-agent-rumors

Ok that's 8 of the 12 confirmed. Thanks.

The 4 other teams - Minnesota, Cleveland, Houston, and Tampa having to deal with Matt Ryan and Drew Brees twice a year (those will be my strong guesses)

Jacksonville will come into play for Tebow only if Peyton replaces Tebow in Denver but like I mentioned in the above post, both Peyton and Tebow are CAA clients, I doubt Condon will pit them against each other.

The best fit for him is Miami or SF. Imagine SF, the best defense in the league (arguably) and now one of the best Qbs. Either way, I think they're committed to Alex Smith, and they don't have that much cap space left. Miami is the best choice for him, good weather, good team that's missing a QB, good fans and a favorable schedule next year... Bills x2, Jaguars, Chargers, Bengals, Jets...

I too think SF would be the perfect fit but Harbaugh seems sold on Smith.

Miami is the next best imo. Their record last year doesn't indicate how good they are. 6-10 but they lost 5 games by 3 points or less. 2 games by 1 point or less. They also won all 6 games when Matt Moore took over so it really was just QB play.

The best fit for him is Miami or SF. Imagine SF, the best defense in the league (arguably) and now one of the best Qbs. Either way, I think they're committed to Alex Smith, and they don't have that much cap space left. Miami is the best choice for him, good weather, good team that's missing a QB, good fans and a favorable schedule next year... Bills x2, Jaguars, Chargers, Bengals, Jets...

Plus he and Reggie both have homes there, and I read a report Peyton was looking for a larger home recently so take that however you want.

I too think SF would be the perfect fit but Harbaugh seems sold on Smith.

Miami is the next best imo. Their record last year doesn't indicate how good they are. 6-10 but they lost 5 games by 3 points or less. 2 games by 1 point or less. They also won all 6 games when Matt Moore took over so it really was just QB play.

For the reasons you mentioned I told a Pats fan coworker that if Manning signs with Miami they would win 12 games next year. I believe they would be serious contenders plus the idea of Manning/Brady twice a year is awesome!!

Plus he and Reggie both have homes there, and I read a report Peyton was looking for a larger home recently so take that however you want.

Everything is in place for Peyton and Reggie, now all they have to do is follow through.

For the reasons you mentioned I told a Pats fan coworker that if Manning signs with Miami they would win 12 games next year. I believe they would be serious contenders plus the idea of Manning/Brady twice a year is awesome!!

Plus Manning vs Rex Ryan twice a year is multiple awesome!!! All networks are going to love it in Miami, NY and New England area. :)

CBS, NBC, ESPN will all want AFC East divisional games:

1. Peyton vs Rex Ryan 2 times
  2. Brady vs Rex Ryan 2 times
  3. Peyton vs Brady 2 times

One rating bonanza, it will be.

What was his response? Im just curious lol

Cross Washington off the list ... just read an article where Manning told the Skins he was not interested in going there ....

http://www.latimes.c...story?track=rss

I say the 49ers or the Texans should sign him ... either team is set up to win multiple SBs if he was 100%.

I think Miami makes the most sense. He already has a house there, and it is perfect weather to play in.

yea i have no idea why people are mentioning san fran. They are just fine with Alex Smith. Kaepernick announced he will compete for the starting job. My friend was the left tackle for Kaepernick in Nevada.

Hm...they would be fine with Alex Smith, but they would have to go off the strength of their defense. Having a guy like Peyton Manning could make them THAT much better and make it even harder for the competition

well, now that i think about it, this is peyton freakin' manning. he is 170% of an nfl qb, so he'll be 85% in miami & 85% wherever else the rest of him lands. truly unprecedented

Have you seen The Fifth Element?? Where they take like a hand of the alien and make a perfect human being out of it. That's what you could do with Peyton. :P

I agree with the OP, I don't think that Peyton wants the NFC at all.

I wouldn't say that it's because he wants to meet his brother in the Super Bowl though, but rather that they want to minimize the chances of one brother having to get past the other to "succeed". If they met in the SB, so be it. If they played in the same conference, however, they might well meet in the playoffs every year. Nothing good can come of that. Maybe he HAS to consider the Cardinals, 49ers, and Seahawks so as not to limit his options too much (and I wouldn't mind the 4pm starts myself), but not the Redskins.

Miami does seem like the most logical place (weather, proximity to parents, has home there), and that would be fine with me - particularly if Reggie joins him. Some say that Houston is a better fit, but that would be painful to watch (and too many games against the Colts).

Have you seen The Fifth Element?? Where they take like a hand of the alien and make a perfect human being out of it. That's what you could do with Peyton. :P

i know you are new to the forum, but cloning manning is an old old joke around here. even funnier is that we'd stop using the term quarterback. they would just be referred to as mannings, and every team would have them.

[reports from the texans training camp] "the texans have brought in several new manning prospects this off season. it'll be a real tough decision on which ones to cut & which ones to keep. but it's a good problem to have. back to you tom in the studio"

forgot to add the fifth element is a great movie. i am sill in love with the russian chick [i'd masscre her name without googling it]

I think it's about who would go to the teams with Manning. Offensive line, D, ability to win.

Example KC and Seattle have cap room. Seattle can resign their own, get Manning, Wayne, and Mario Williams in free agency, that's dangerous!

KC can get the duo plus nicks/Grubbs and Paul Soliai. Both teams would be unreal good!

Miami and AZ need offensive line pieces. AZ needs two tackles. Miami needs a RT, and defensive pieces, they are going to a 4-3 and need a DE and secondary pieces.

It's an interesting process..

Cross Washington off the list ... just read an article where Manning told the Skins he was not interested in going there ....

http://www.latimes.c...story?track=rss

I say the 49ers or the Texans should sign him ... either team is set up to win multiple SBs if he was 100%.

I live here in SF Bay area..wife is a 49er fan....I am apalled on how this team is sold on Alex Smith...I don't get it.