Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson

krunk

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought Quincy showed some flashes today. Believe he will get there sooner or later.

I agree. He may not have had a flawless game, but he nearly scored a defensive touchdown. Good awareness on that particular play by him to grab it and run. 

Also in his defense on the pass he allowed and fell over, the WR pushed off on him. He was in pretty good position until that point. Nice to see him back on the outside as well

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

He certainly has better coaching now so it could happen.

Oh, Dear God.......

Again with the nonsense.....

It just never stops.

In case you haven't figured it out,  we've ALWAYS had good DB coaching,  even during those rotten, awful, terrible, stinky Chuck Pagano years.

We always had a good DB coach,  and his boss,  Chuck Pagano, was widely recognized as one of the best DB coaches in the business.

But don't worry about those pesky annoying facts.     You're entitled to your opinion.    No matter how wrong it is.      Carry on! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, Dear God.......

It just never stops.

In case you haven't figured it out,  we've ALWAYS had good DB coaching,  even during those rotten, awful, terrible, stinky Chuck Pagano years.

We always had a good DB coach,  and his boss,  Chuck Pagano, was widely recognized as one of the best DB coaches in the business.

But don't worry about those pesky annoying facts.     You're entitled to your opinion.    No matter how wrong it is.      Carry on! 

Honestly, I think Quincy DOES have better coaching this year. The Colts are in much better shape this year with the D and O coaching. Our young players already benefit from it, and will continue to improve because of it. 

I don't think Quincy's problem last year had anything to do with coaching. 

Maybe once he can get on the field a few weeks in a row, he can start playing with some consistency. He's hardly practiced so far this season, so he's probably still not in his best shape. 

• Like 2

Wilson is a total enigma to me honestly. He's definitely got the measurables, but he's either been injured or in the doghouse for whatever reason since he's gotten here.

He definitely has some Aqib Talib in him (my opinion) in terms of attitude. He looks like he talks serious trash to receivers. Not 'you suck' type of stuff either. Keep an eye on him, I'm sure some here may have noticed it. Whoever he's guarding has an annoyed look on their face whenever they're trading insults with him. He's always swatting hands after the whistle also.

I see what Ballard saw in terms of ability and swag/attitude so to speak.

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

Honestly, I think Quincy DOES have better coaching this year. The Colts are in much better shape this year with the D and O coaching. Our young players already benefit from it, and will continue to improve because of it. 

One of the things Quincy has this year,  is a bit more maturity.   He's the youngest person in his draft class.     He made a ton of mistakes last year on AND off the field.    It cost him playing time.   Pagano said so.    The DC said so.     Ballard said so.    And even Quincy Wilson himself said so.

Now, he's presumably growing up some...   he's dealt with some injuries...  a broken hand and a concussion.    And now he's playing more.     Good for him.    I've always believed in him.    I just hate the trashing of our previous coaches when it's not deserved.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, Dear God.......

It just never stops.

I was speaking more on the Pagano level.  I liked Chuck as a person I just think he had too much on his plate.  Quincy is a young guy, he STILL has some maturing to do IMHO.  But, as you said, what do I know.  Let's just agree to disagree and we'll move on.

8 hours ago, Indy1996 said:

Hairston or kenny moore are neither big enough to play in the dime package

You lost me here. Dime alignment is six DBs in at once. What's their size have to do with it. Not to mention smaller corners normally cover the slot. 

• Like 1

Mike Mitchell has taken Wilson under his wing he spent a lot of time between series going over plays dig routes after the first couple series was one of many great things to watch today . Scored some front row tickets in the club house was a great experience not only to see everything but to hear the interaction between coaches and players . On a side note saw a lot of coaches do there thing and our D  Line coach is on point . 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

From what I remember his problem was immaturity.  Didn't like to practice.  Typical star college athlete who thinks they can walk on water on campus.  Not in the NFL.  Hopefully the light bulb has gone on. 

He is still young 22 looks like a boy among men on the sideline hopefully we have the right group to pull the best out of him . 

• Like 1