Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Total QB Rating (ESPN)

HitStick21

If you're not watching it, this is a new statistic that is being thrown around by the NFL. Out goes Passer Rating, in comes TQR.

This number is EVERYTHING: TD's, Picks, did you run on 3rd and 3 or pass and set the team up?, did you attempt a hailmary at half time? Etc, etc.

When it came down to total over the past three years it was...

Peyton: 77

Brady: 69

Anything above 75+ is MVP consideration (high).

This goes to show Peyton has been playing at an MVP level since 2008!

As for last season...

Brady: 76 #1

Peyton: 69.7 #2

Which goes to show how accurate it was as Brady deserved and won MVP.

Amazing new statistic that you all should check out as the year goes on! ESPN special is almost over but it will be online.

Cheers! Goes to show we're watching the two best QB's duke it out and hopefully for years to come!

dang,they kept yours and deleted mine UNFAIR. (stomps feet and pouts)

this new stat includes

Consequence of situation (i.e. pick before halftime on hailmary doesnt count. 50 yard pass setting up 1st and goal at 1 is HUGE. TD's late in close games is HUGE, in blowouts doesnt matter)

Fumbles and sacks are negative, not just picks

Ball traveled in the air matters a lot, Run after catch doesnt help QB as much (poor tom cant let welker do work for him anymore)

rushing totals and tds add to it...

a bunch of other things as well that i cant remember.

What i LOVE, it proves that manning, despite his INT filled 2010, is still the number 1 QB.

STUDLY

Guest BlueShoe

Yeah it's great.

I guess the other two threads on this got deleted. I know three topics were started at once but a Merge made tons more sense here. Oh well. "Yeah it's great" sums my two cents up of what was a longer reply in another thread.

Hi guys (and gals). This is my first post on the colts fan forum board. I've been reading it when i get the chance over the past year now and figured it was finally time to join. Just wanted to say that this new Total qbr seems to be an accurate scale of how a qb performed. I'm excited to see what the numbers are after games this season. I was skeptical at first, but after seeing that the top qbs according to this rating system are the same qbs who I think are the best, I'm believing in this total qbr. Brady had the highest last year and well he was the best last year and he got that mvp. Peyton had the highest total qbr in 2008 and 2009 and he was the best qb that year and deservingly got the mvp. Brees had the second highest total qbr in 2009 and he was runner-up in the mvp voting. This new ranking system seems to be measuring up to what really happened in the last three years. I think this new rating will provide some good discussion this year and in the future. Eager to hear more of your guy's thoughts too.

I'm interested in this rating but still skeptical. Pennington, Vince Young, and Delhomme all ranked highly in recent years. Football is a very tough sport to quantify in statistics. Good first step though. I would like to see how the older qbs (Young, Montana, Elway, Namath) ranked according to this stat.

Does it factor in the average time a QB has to get rid of the football?

IE: One has been running for his life with 1.8-2.0 seconds to throw if that while another enjoys 3.0+ and can drink Coolatas behind his O-line? Usually becoming a non factor when not given that much time.

Guest BlueShoe

Sorry guys. That was done by a dingy mod :hide: who goofed things up.

If that mod can figure out how to undo the damage, he or she will do so.

No prob. :)

It Happens.

If you're not watching it, this is a new statistic that is being thrown around by the NFL. Out goes Passer Rating, in comes TQR.

This number is EVERYTHING: TD's, Picks, did you run on 3rd and 3 or pass and set the team up?, did you attempt a hailmary at half time? Etc, etc.

When it came down to total over the past three years it was...

Peyton: 77

Brady: 69

Anything above 75+ is MVP consideration (high).

This goes to show Peyton has been playing at an MVP level since 2008!

As for last season...

Brady: 76 #1

Peyton: 69.7 #2

Which goes to show how accurate it was as Brady deserved and won MVP.

Amazing new statistic that you all should check out as the year goes on! ESPN special is almost over but it will be online.

Cheers! Goes to show we're watching the two best QB's duke it out and hopefully for years to come!

Nice to see a more meaningful stat. Although football outsider already does this and perhaps this is even a version of it.