Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjrulli

Andrew Luck leading league in passing TDs

Saw Colin Cowherd tweet this and had to look it up. Andrew Luck is currently leading the league in passing TDs. I know we throw A LOT but still nice to see he's been pretty efficient with those throws. Also considering the slower start he had in a couple of those early games and how far along he has come these last three games. Guy is back and better than ever IMO. His accuracy has been spot on. Take away some of the drops and this team is in a way different position. 

Bravo Andrew, bravo. Here's to you winning comeback player of the year. Here's the other league leaders in passing TDs. Mahomes plays tonight. 

2wh2gdw.png

3 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

All the while the Colts lead the league in drops.  Which makes that stat even more impressive.

Do they really? Honesty question.   I know there have been a lot

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I assumed this tweet is right. Maybe i'm wrong in doing so.

Feels good, man. Had to put up with over a year of reading “he’s done” comments and having doubts of my own after the way everything went. 

Now if we could just tidy up things around him...

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Jalen Ramsey had one tackle in a losing effort! LMAO

I really hope Luck torches that guy every time they meet from now on. 

At least until Pat Mahomes gets it going tonight.  But either way AL is having a nice comeback year.  I really think next year he is going to be an MVP candidate.  But they don't give those out to guys on losing teams.

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

At least until Pat Mahomes gets it going tonight.  But either way AL is having a nice comeback year.  I really think next year he is going to be an MVP candidate.  But they don't give those out to guys on losing teams.

I think CBPY is locked up!

Great for Luck!  But...

Patrick Mahomes now with 19 TD passes, and they are still in mid 1st quarter vs. Bengals.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Great for Luck!  But...

Patrick Mahomes now with 19 TD passes, and they are still in mid 1st quarter vs. Bengals.

He's the real deal!

9 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Jalen Ramsey had one tackle in a losing effort! LMAO

How many catches did he give up??

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Leading or not, he’s killing. Reich and him are really in sync 

….and the OL is playing better.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Just now, MPStack said:

He's the real deal!

He makes good on all the weapons he has. Imo, the Chiefs have the best offensive weapons across the board with Hill, Hunt, and Kelce leading the way

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

He makes good on all the weapons he has. Imo, the Chiefs have the best offensive weapons across the board with Hill, Hunt, and Kelce leading the way

Agreed!

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How many catches did he give up??

I'm not denying Ramsey is very good. 

6 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Hopkins embarrassed him for a TD

Ok, but grading a corner on tackles is dumb.  I didn't watch that game

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes, it was a dumb comment. And Ramsey's comment was even dumber. Let's move on.

Back on topic, Mahomes now with 21 TD passes, back in first place. 1 1/2 quarters to go.

Now at 22.  Wow!

Nvm, already addressed.

Mahomes with those weapons and Reid is something else.

Little OT but the whole Buffalo Bills team has 3 passing TDs this year. THREE.

I thought I saw he had a 131 QB rating yesterday too. 4 TD's with less than 200 yards passing. That'll help after throwing so much the previous couple of games. 

Amazing what an actual run game can do for the offense. 

13 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

All the while the Colts lead the league in drops.  Which makes that stat even more impressive.

Mahomes took the lead back with his play last night.

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I heard the announcers say that the Colts have had 15 drops in the past 3 games.   That has to put us near the leaders in drops.  

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Speaking in generalities, a corner, especially one that plays mostly man coverage, with a low amount of tackles means he is doing his job in coverage.  Not always going to be the case obviously, but still.

15 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Luck could make Hilton, Mack, and Ebron look just as good if everyone stays healthy and the OLine continues to gel and improve.

But yeah, all of their skill positions on offense are just slightly better than ours right now.  Plus, Andy Reid is slightly better than Reich with the creative offensive plays.

But the Colts offense isn't too far behind the Chiefs.

:thmup:

TDs are pretty circumstantial (just look at yesterday's game).

My biggest takeaway though in regards to TDs....

First half TDs (HOU, NE, NYJ combined)...2

First half TDs (BUF)....3

Playing from behind and putting up points in catchup mode looks solid on the stat sheet...but scoring early and often wins games.

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Luck could make Hilton, Mack, and Ebron look just as good if everyone stays healthy and the OLine continues to gel and improve.

But yeah, all of their skill positions on offense are just slightly better than ours right now.  Plus, Andy Reid is slightly better than Reich with the creative offensive plays.

But the Colts offense isn't too far behind the Chiefs.

:thmup:

Depends on your definition of "slightly" I guess. IMO...

Hill/Hunt/Kelce >>> Hilton/Mack/Ebron

Those KC guys are top 10, top 5 and top 3 at their positons...respectively.

And while TY is the man...Hill is basically TY entering his 3rd season...and he's even more dynamic.

Colts should be striving for what KC has.

Luck's playing great, as most of us expected!  I can't get over this stat, Luck has more TD's in the last 5 games than the Bills, Titans and Cardinals have all year combined.  The man is on a mission!  It'd be nice if the running game continues to be successful, I know the D will only get better. 

It is easy to  get up for what Luck is doing but lets not abandon the  improvement in the OL. We have cried and complained for years about how bad they were and if Luck had a good one he will show how much this team can win so say your praises but my stars go for the OL players and Luck will get all the media boys & girls to kiss and hug him and ignore the knuckle draggers as is always the case with every team.

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

It is easy to  get up for what Luck is doing but lets not abandon the  improvement in the OL. We have cried and complained for years about how bad they were and if Luck had a good one he will show how much this team can win so say your praises but my stars go for the OL players and Luck will get all the media boys & girls to kiss and hug him and ignore the knuckle draggers as is always the case with every team.

Part of that is the change in the focus of our passing game.  We're not running the Arians down the field routes that take forever to develop.  Luck is getting the ball out much quicker than in previous years.  In 2018, Luck is 13th out of a 38 qualifying passers in time to throw, getting the ball out 2.62s on average after the snap.  In 2016, before being shut down, he was 36th of 39 qualifying passers with an average of 2.88s from snap to throw - more than a quarter second slower.

The line is doing great.  Luck has knocked off any rust that might have been present at the season's start.  And we have a coach/GM who is apparently more interested in protecting our QB.  Wins for everyone.