Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots

MPStack

I hate to bring this up but my post-Lions loss commentary is holding up well:

You'll be fine.

The Patriots will magic away their problems, Edelman will come roaring out of the gate in two weeks, Josh Gordon will revert to 2013 form on your watch, you'll win 13 games, get the #1 seed, get a weak opponent in the Divisional Round, get to the AFC Championship Game and probably win it, and get to the Super Bowl where you'll be at worst a coin flip to win it.

It's still your league to lose

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

I hate to bring this up but my post-Lions loss commentary is holding up well:

it is criminal that the rest of the league sat on their hands and let the patriots get one of the best receivers in the game for next to nothing

the colts have a need at WR and higher picks than the patirots, but of course we didnt make a move.  someone might say they were worried about his effect on the locker room, but gordon is a good team mate that inspires everyone around him with his catches 

• Thanks 1

Talent contrary to most thinking, talent is not priority one to Belichick as proves over and over and over. The question of Brady or Belichick is stupid. It is Belichick. The Rams don't have him and the Chiefs don't have him. By the end of this season both will wish they did. Think of how many "hot" teams have learned they are second rate after playing the Pats  since he became head coach.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

it is criminal that the rest of the league sat on their hands and let the patriots get one of the best receivers in the game for next to nothing

the colts have a need at WR and higher picks than the patirots, but of course we didnt make a move.  someone might say they were worried about his effect on the locker room, but gordon is a good team mate that inspires everyone around him with his catches 

Actually it was collusion. Since pats needed a wr desperately the other 30 teams were probably not allowed to get him. Reminiscent of Randy Moss and others. In fact if the pats didn't need him browns probably would have kept him. Lol

• Like 1

Missing Edelman (without Amedola around to fill his role) was the main reason behind the Pats' slow start this year. They've played without Gronk (2016 season, won the SB) and without Edelman (last year, lost the SB) and had success without them. But of the two, I think it's clear that Edelman is more important to the offense. 

Their defense is basically where it was a month ago... not very good. But when your offense can put up 38 (yesterday) or 43 (last week) points, you're not asking too much of your D. Just a couple of red zone stops and maybe a turnover or two. 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

Missing Edelman (without Amedola around to fill his role) was the main reason behind the Pats' slow start this year. They've played without Gronk (2016 season, won the SB) and without Edelman (last year, lost the SB) and had success without them. But of the two, I think it's clear that Edelman is more important to the offense. 

Their defense is basically where it was a month ago... not very good. But when your offense can put up 38 (yesterday) or 43 (last week) points, you're not asking too much of your D. Just a couple of red zone stops and maybe a turnover or two. 

And and couple special team scores

9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

They somehow do that every year though:

Darrelle Revis (like seriously, wth?)

Albert Haynesworth (thank god that didn't work out, but remember he used to be the best DT in the NFL)

Reggie Wayne (past his prime and quit on them, but still, he had the credentials)

LeGarrette Blount (why were people scared to sign this guy in free agency? The guy does nothing but win).

Chad Ochocinco (again, past his prime signing but the guy's a competitor, no doubt).

Tim Tebow (no other team was willing to give him a chance? Okay, but he was still a better QB than whoever the Browns had at the time.)

Jeff Demps (no one wanted a silver medal Olympic sprinter? Really?)

I could go on, but basically, they somehow find a way to overcome the waiver wires and prey on every other team being too scared to sign problematic players. Some players aren't even problematic and the Pats pick them up anyways. I can only assume the Pats are cheating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2018 at 7:39 PM, MPStack said:

I'm so tired of this team and continue waiting for them to be no longer relevant. However, once again they start slow and now are 5-2 a top their division. When do they go away?

I think their toughest game left is either @Dolphins or @Pitt ...  but i honestly see them winning out now. 14-2. And the chiefs probably lose a couple more 13-3 we'll see the rematch in NE.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, aaron11 said:

Looks as if Peterson could be on there roster very soon as well 

This isn't even what I'd call a slow start. They just lost a couple games to a couple good teams (Jags were good regardless of what's happened to them since). They're the clear favorite in the AFC. They beat the Chiefs all up and down the field most of that game in spite of the score. Other teams will come just as close, like Chicago did, but the final result will be the same unless they come out and just beat the * out of them like the Jags, Lions and Eagles in the SB. And who will that be? The Bills this week??? :jump::jump::jump: Then comes the Jets and Dolphins. They've already played all of their tough games. Our only hope now is if somebody just comes out and shocks them come playoff time.