Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't know if there's a WR out there I'd want, but what about a CB?  This article says the Raiders may be interested in moving Conley for a mid round pick.  I know he's had some injury issues and I believe he has struggled some due to that, but if he could get healthy, the talent is there.  He was a high 1st round pick last year.  If the Raiders would really take a mid round pick for him, and if he could pass a physical, then I'd have to seriously think about it.  Pair him with his old teammate Hooker and that could be a solid pair for some time.  Anybody else?

24 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The Raiders are going to want at least a 2nd for him, with only being in his 2nd year, I would assume. Tough call on Conley. Dumpster fire in Oakland!

Well the article says they may ask for a mid round, but of course this is just speculation.  But if true, I'd be on the phone with them in 5 seconds trying to find out why they are wanting to get rid of him so soon, ie. kicking the tires.  Now if they wanted a 2nd rounder, then I'd likely have to think hard about that one.  I think he's struggled some, but I believe most of it has been due to injuries.  I'd want to know are these serious issues or something that can be fixed with rest.

• Like 1

I heard anyone not nailed down in Oakland is on the trading block. Cooper he (Jon Gruden) won't give away, but Conley and (Karl) Joseph could be had relatively cheap.

Gruden is bent on removing Reggie McKenzie's drafts.  He's blowing it up to create a team in his vision to take to Vegas.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I may be wrong down the road but I knew the Raiders would be a dumpster fire when they signed Gruden to a 10 year contract and then give him control of the GM duties.

Yours (and many others) thoughts were Gruden would take the core team and improve it. But that is not his tactic.  Blowing it up a starting over and creating "his team" with his people is his plan, no matter how it looks in doing so. Then he will 'coach them' up.  May take a few years though.  But he has them.

44 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yours (and many others) thoughts were Gruden would take the core team and improve it. But that is not his tactic.  Blowing it up a starting over and creating "his team" with his people is his plan, no matter how it looks in doing so. Then he will 'coach them' up.  May take a few years though.  But he has them.

With all due respect I was not one of those who thought anything about Gruden but his ability to ruin a team over time. 

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

With all due respect I was not one of those who thought anything about Gruden but his ability to ruin a team over time

With all due respect, he ruined it (it wasn't that great anyway) in no time.  It now remains to be seen if he can build a team over time.  He has up to a full decade to do it...

For the record, I WAS one that would not have minded if the Colts went after Gruden.  While I think it is too early to say that would have been a bad move, he certainly is not off to a great start.  Of course, this may have been his plan from the start as ColtsBlueFL said, to build it in his own way.  Only time will tell if he's successful.

• Like 1