Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Reich on the Hot Seat?

tucky89

11 hours ago, tucky89 said:

If this season ends in 4-12 or 3-13, is there a chance Reich gets fired? Personally, I don't believe he should be fired. This team needs continuity. Just asking if it could happen.

Nope. Not even Luke warm. Next question.

I realize our record isn't what any INDY fan wants, but who in their right mind would fire a first yr head coach coming off a successful SB run with the Philadelphia Eagles? Take a deep breath & chill. We will be just fine.

Go listen to GNR's "Patience," put your feet up, open your favorite beverage, & get ready to enjoy tomorrow's Bills game. INDY should play well on Sunday.

Of course he's not on the hot seat in the slightest. Way too early, he's showing promise and he is probably benefiting from the general negativity that came with Pagano at the end. 

I am slightly concerned with how comfortable and almost happy the whole club (including fans) are getting with losing games and searching for positives. I hope it doesn't translate into a long term losing mentality.

Frank needs a few years.  The Colts have little dynamic talent on the offensive side of the ball.  TY and Mack are the only two dynamic players and both have been dinged up this year.  Ebron is inconsistent to say the least and most likely always will be.  There's nothing to say about the rest of the WR core as they're trash.  

I often wonder the emotional intelligence of people who start threads like this.

We all know that 1-5 is not great and ultimately 4-12 will get some coaches fired BUT if you had any awareness of how sports work in general and you are aware enough to join the official forum of a team......surely you know the Colts situation, how long the coach has been around, plenty of rookies, our injury toll and how close we actually have been to a couple of extra wins?

Not to mention that it was stated as a rebuild from last year when Ballard was hired. We needed A LOT of weaknesses addressed and have started that process and we now have our franchise QB back after a year off.

Sure it really sucks losing (spare a thought for us international fans who have to be up at stupid o’clock each Sunday) but i think you can see we are heading in the right direction. 

Here’s the thing with Reich

A constant reoccurrence in the NFL is people seeing what they view to be quick turnarounds, and believing that to be the rule for teams with new coaches. People saw what they believed was a quick turnaround with Grigson/Pagano where we immediately went 11-5 in their first year.

But a true rebuild is hard for people to accept. Especially for fans of a team that were like the 2nd most winning-est team of the 2,000’s. It also doesn’t help when 2 seasons is the norm for the amount of time a new HC gets before the plug is pulled.

Reich isn’t on the hot seat at the moment, and neither is Ballard. To embrace a true re-build you have to embrace the idea that you may not see a lot of winning football early. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kornstar said:

Sure it really sucks losing (spare a thought for us international fans who have to be up at stupid o’clock each Sunday) but i think you can see we are heading in the right direction. 

I live in Europe too, I know what you are talking about. ;)

Man, this year is an eary ride compared to the Manning time, when half of the games were SNF or MNF. These 1pm games are gifts for us. :) (1pm eastern is 7PM over here). 

I remember those Manning times, those SNF, MNF games started at 8.30 (thats 2:30AM over here), and I still watched every darn game live. I don't need to mention that I was a zombie the next days. (Going to work at 8AM after the game ended around 5:30AM is a killer.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

I live in Europe too, I know what you are talking about. ;)

Man, this year is an eary ride compared to the Manning time, when half of the games were SNF or MNF. These 1pm games are gifts for us. :) (1pm eastern is 7PM over here). 

I remember those Manning times, those SNF, MNF games started at 8.30 (thats 2:30AM over here), and I still watched every darn game live. I don't need to mention that I was a zombie the next days. (Going to work at 8AM after the game ended around 5:30AM is a killer.)

I’m in Australia so the 1pm kick offs start at 3am for the first 5 weeks, then move to 4am for 3 weeks and then a more respectable 5am for the rest. The changes are to do with daylight savings changes between the 2 countries.

Night games are the best for us.

I get up for all games, the rest of the day at work is a struggle though, i usually go into the office when i get up and watch/listen in the car and then watch the remainder in the office.

It’s worth it when we win though!!

• Like 1