Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why we should destroy the Bills.

Lawrence Owen

Too many people say Buffalo has this great defense.  They are 1 spot higher than us in sacks.  But our O-line is WAY better than there's. (that's something i've not said in YEARS!) We are 8th in NFL with 10 sacks given up...the Bills have given up 24...Good for 30th in the NFL.  

We average 4 ypc in the run game. (Mack is averaging over 5 ATM), Bills are averaging 3.6 YPC,..that is good for 29th in the NFL.  So, yeah..our O-line is WAY better.

So let's see if this vaunted Bills pass rush, which is why they are top 10 in the league in pass yards allowed, is able to get through our actual o-line that is finally whole.  They are not going to stop Luck...He's thrown against much better defenses than the Bills...and done it at a pro-bowl level the past 3 games.  The only thing stopping our passing game is our WR's.  And we may have Hilton back for this one.  And the way Mack was able to run VRS the jets,..i'm game.

BTW, our run defense is quietly 4th in the NFL in YPC at 3.7, So i'm really not worried to much about that part of our defense. 

It is our Passing defense that worries me.  It is the only thing IMO that can keep the Bills in the game. Derek Anderson was a decent starter for the Browns once upon a time...but then he self imploded. But hopefully since our pass rush may get our top lineman back in Hunt, plus a healthier Leonard...we may be able to get that pressure on Anderson that we was missing in the Jets game.  Any QB who can sit in a pocket for 4-5 seconds will find openings in a zone coverage.  Hopefully Hunt,Sheard, and Leonard can effect Anderson most of the game.

I'm not giving a prediction score wise...But i will say i'll be disappointed if we don't win by at least 2 scores.

Remember.....

This same Bills defense went into Minnesota and shutout the Vikings for nearly 60 minutes.

The Vikings scored a late TD to avoid being blanked.    Buffalo beat them 27-6.     The Bills are better than you think.

Just be happy with a solid win.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If the defense can get back to its week 2 form then the Colts can dominate. Just need to stack the box and tackle behind the LOS. Put them in 2nd and long situations, blanket the receivers and then go for the kill with a sack to end the drive.

If they do that, and the offense only has 2-3 drops for the entire game the results will speak for themselves. 

Luck at home has been lights out. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember.....

This same Bills defense went into Minnesota and shutout the Vikings for nearly 60 minutes.

The Vikings scored a late TD to avoid being blanked.    Buffalo beat them 27-6.     The Bills are better than you think.

LOL, yeah...if we are going to go by 1 game...lets look when they faced the Ravens.  47-3...Ravens.  Don't look at a single game. Some teams match up well vrs certain teams.  

• Like 1

I don't think we destroy them but I do think we win this game. It's a game we should actually win this week with TY being back and us being at home. This should be a good week to be a Colts fan because I see us winning and the Titans losing at Chargers, also the Texans play at Jags so one of those teams are going to lose as well. I can see the Colts winning this game something like 24-17. Maybe even 27-17?

18 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

LOL, yeah...if we are going to go by 1 game...lets look when they faced the Ravens.  47-3...Ravens.  Don't look at a single game. Some teams match up well vrs certain teams.  

Fair point.....

But I'm just not sure who we match-up with.    Injuries have made that difficult.

I just think if you go into any NFL game with an expectation of destroying your opponent,  you set yourself up for dissappointment.       So, if we win by 10,  you're not happy?     I guess you're looking for at least 14 and anything short of that is not enough?     

Remember,  the average margin of victory in the NFL is.....  6 points.

At this point,  I'd like a solid win.    But I'll take anything!    I prefer to se the bar low and will be happy when we clear it!      

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fair point.....

But I'm just not sure who we match-up with.    Injuries have made that difficult.

I just think if you go into any NFL game with an expectation of destroying your opponent,  you set yourself up for dissappointment.       So, if we win by 10,  you're not happy?     I guess you're looking for at least 14 and anything short of that is not enough?     

Remember,  the average margin of victory in the NFL is.....  6 points.

At this point,  I'd like a solid win.    But I'll take anything!    I prefer to se the bar low and will be happy when we clear it!      

all far points on your end.  I really EXPECT to win by 2 scores+.  A win is a win....But with people coming back from injury, and our history, and theirs, My expectations are high.  If we lose, i'll be really upset.   This is a game that tape, and stats say, we should dominate.  And if we don't dominate games that we're supposed to, how am i supposed to feel about games that are borderline...or worse. We had no business having a chance against the Eagles...but we did.  1 good win would go a long way in the teams morale for the future.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

all far points on your end.  I really EXPECT to win by 2 scores+.  A win is a win....But with people coming back from injury, and our history, and theirs, My expectations are high.  If we lose, i'll be really upset.   This is a game that tape, and stats say, we should dominate.  And if we don't dominate games that we're supposed to, how am i supposed to feel about games that are borderline...or worse. We had no business having a chance against the Eagles...but we did.  1 good win would go a long way in the teams morale for the future.

We've had a chance in EVERY game, even in N.E., but expecting a victory with Danny Dropsie, Freddie Fumble and Michael Muff as your Wide Receivers and Tippy Thomas at Tight End is folly. Folly I say!

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

We've had a chance in EVERY game, even in N.E., but expecting a victory with Danny Dropsie, Freddie Fumble and Michael Muff as your Wide Receivers and Tippy Thomas at Tight End is folly. Folly I say!

Well, it's a good thing all those people are made up then...lol :p

We do have drops.  And i am as ticked about them as much as anyone.  But to be fair, our run game hasn't been reliable yet.  But Mack showed last week we can run the ball.  And the Bills can't stop it.  Also...There will be less drops if we run it more...Less passes = less drops. (even T.Y. was dropping passes before injury. But i think he'll right that ship this week.)

4 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I concede that if the Colts find a way to lose this game,  I will be very, Very, VERY upset!!

As a fan, all I try to ask of my favorite team is to play smart,  and to play hard.    Do those two things often enough and you'll do alright.     If we lose this game,  we weren't smart enough and didn't play hard enough and made way too many mistakes.     That would be hugely disappointing.

Looking forward to feeling good at the end of this one....   just don't want to take it for granted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Well, it's a good thing all those people are made up then...lol :p

We do have drops.  And i am as ticked about them as much as anyone.  But to be fair, our run game hasn't been reliable yet.  But Mack showed last week we can run the ball.  And the Bills can't stop it.  Also...There will be less drops if we run it more...Less passes = less drops. (even T.Y. was dropping passes before injury. But i think he'll right that ship this week.)

TY hasn't had near as many as those other losers.

7 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Plus vikings online  is banged up

It would be great if we destroyed them. We need a game like that to set the stage for the rest of the season. Need to come out firing on all cylinders from beginning to the end and make a statement. We have no home wins this year and that's embarrasing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

Any game where Andrew Luck starts at home against Derek Anderson should be a win.

It's no more complicated than that is it?

A little but not too much more complicated.  If the Colts can't pull out a win in this situation then we might as well pack in it, wait for a high pick and see if Ballard trades down with it.  

Having TY and Hunt back this week will help the Colts a lot.  Anderson is going to be like a statue back there, I think the Colts will have another 3 or 4 sack game which is going to force those receivers to cut their routes shorter which plays into the Colts hands from a D perspective.

On the offensive side, TY adds a different dimension than the Colts have had the last couple of weeks with Ebron able to work the middle of the field, TY will be able to stretch the field, get some big plays which will open things up for the running game.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember.....

‘That was a total fluke, plus, Luck > Cousins.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

This is a tough one because the Colts have a history of making backup QB's look like pro bowlers. 

A QB we have literally 0 scouting information on in their offense with his personnel. 

If Anderson has a huge game don’t be surprised. 

We literally just saw what Osweiler did to the Bears Sunday. This scenario favors the QB, especially when they aren’t a Peterman “deer in the headlights” type. 

And Anderson started his NFL career in this very spot 11 years ago, ending the season with a Pro Bowl berth and a case for at least MVP consideration. 

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

A QB we have literally 0 scouting information on in their offense with his personnel. 

If Anderson has a huge game don’t be surprised. 

We literally just saw what Osweiler did to the Bears Sunday. This scenario favors the QB, especially when they aren’t a Peterman “deer in the headlights” type. 

And Anderson started his NFL career in this very spot 11 years ago, ending the season with a Pro Bowl berth and a case for at least MVP consideration. 

This is exactly the reason i think we should utilize Mack like never before.  If just for this game.  We don't know how to defend Anderson right now. They are one of the weakest run defenses in the NFL, use that against them like others (particularly NE) has used it against us in the past.  

This could/should be the game where Luck has under 35 attempts, and we have 200+ on the ground. I'd run a lot of 2 TE and 2 RB looks this game.