Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Johnson to IR, Inman Signed

Shive

Fountain must really be a bad WR because I’ve expected him to get moved up at some point with the rotation of injured WR’s. There is a reason Inman has sat unsigned all these weeks since he was done in San Diego. I’m not familiar with him except one game I seen him play in last season so others will have to chime in on what his flaw is. I hoped to see Fountain come up though instead just to see what we might have in him. He can’t drop balls at any worse rate than #80 has recently. 

27 minutes ago, Shive said:

Inman was a guy a lot of us wanted as a FA and it looks like we'll get to see that happen now. Hopefully he lives up to what we thought he could be.

I wanted him for sure. Reich does have familiarity with him from his time with the Chargers. Though it was a small sample set, I remember reading the stat that Inman was good at beating press coverage. I think this could be a good signing, should end up being a good WR3 for us.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Fountain must really be a bad WR because I’ve expected him to get moved up at some point with the rotation of injured WR’s. There is a reason Inman has sat unsigned all these weeks since he was done in San Diego. I’m not familiar with him except one game I seen him play in last season so others will have to chime in on what his flaw is. I hoped to see Fountain come up though instead just to see what we might have in him. He can’t drop balls at any worse rate than #80 has recently. 

I heard Stephen Holder talk about this the other day, saying Fountain has been playing really well at practice and coaches have been talking him up. 

Seems odd for him to remain on the practice squad based on Ballard's "play them young " philosophy that we have seen this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Anybody know when/where open tryouts are? 

I was wondering the same, I'm 31, can catch the ball, am very fast, and can run routes and learn the playbook quickly. I'm only 5'8, but I can make a good speed receiver for this team on a 1 year contract. I've also never got injured in my life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I heard Stephen Holder talk about this the other day, saying Fountain has been playing really well at practice and coaches have been talking him up. 

Seems odd for him to remain on the practice squad based on Ballard's "play them young " philosophy that we have seen this year.

A lot about this season doesn't make sense. Play your most talented players and let young players develop!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was wondering the same, I'm 31, can catch the ball, am very fast, and can run routes and learn the playbook quickly. I'm only 5'8, but I can make a good speed receiver for this team on a 1 year contract. I've also never got injured in my life.

Yupp. I played in high school. Extremely quick.. I'll just run crossing routes all game! lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You would trip coming out of Ballard's office and sprain an ACL

after signing your contract. Don't do it dude.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

sign two replacement WR's from other teams practice squads to our practice squad.

I know , you know, that isn't allowed.  If you sign someone off another teams P.S., they must go on to the signing teams 53 man roster for at least 3 weeks, and that player also gets NFL pay for 3 weeks. Even if the signing team waives him the next day.

16 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

I like Inman, just wish they would've signed him earlier so he'd be acclimated to the system by now. Now I hope they bring up Fountain and let Pascal take his spot on PS.

If you want someone on your P.S., they must either be an already eligible FA, or a player a team waives that clears the waiver process.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I know , you know, that isn't allowed.  If you sign someone off another teams P.S., they must go on to the signing teams 53 man roster for at least 3 weeks, and that player also gets NFL pay for 3 weeks. Even if the signing team waives him the next day.

I actually did not know that rule. Thank you for telling me. My knowledge learned for the day!

• Like 1

@ColtsBlueFL The reason I didn't know that, is that I thought if you had available spots on your practice squad, that you could just sign players off other teams practice squads and fill those spots. That's why I was saying to call up Fountain and Ishmael, because I thought with two empty spots on the practice squad, you could just sign the players from one squad and put them on yours automatically. 

16 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That and we'd need to release 2 more players just to have 7 WRs on the roster. Assuming no WR is cut.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

@ColtsBlueFL The reason I didn't know that, is that I thought if you had available spots on your practice squad, that you could just sign players off other teams practice squads and fill those spots. That's why I was saying to call up Fountain and Ishmael, because I thought with two empty spots on the practice squad, you could just sign the players from one squad and put them on yours automatically. 

Ahh, but it doesn't matter because you can't sign more than 10 players to a P.S. and if you call up some, you can only fill those new empty slots with eligible FA's (college FA's, players with less than 3 years on a P.S. and have less than 2 accrued NFL seasons.)

You also can't sign a player off another teams P.S to your 53 man within 5 days of a game, if your playing that team. ( 9 days if off a bye week )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If you want someone on your P.S., they must either be an already eligible FA, or a player a team waives that clears the waiver process.

Im know, i just didn't go into full detail. However, here goes...I would like the Colts to cut Pascal, sign Fountain to active roster. Then if/when Pascal clears waivers sign him to PS to take Fountains spot. Basically just swapping spots so we can see what Fountain can do. In 27 targets Pascal has 14 catches, 13 drops = not good.  The reason I'd keep him on PS is because he knows the play book.