Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How about this trade. Brisett for Dorsett

coltsorioles

1 minute ago, coltsorioles said:

Makes sense for both teams.   The patriots dont need him anymore. The colts need a receiver who can catch.  I know it won't happen, but trading brisett to get anyone at this point makes sense

No it doesn't.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

it doesn't make sense at all, Brissett is worth a 1st round pick, he could start for a qb needy team

Not a chance that we could get a #1 for Brissett.   You are overvaluing him.   I'm not sure we could get a 2nd round pick for him.    I say we keep him if he is happy as a back up.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

Makes sense for both teams.   The patriots dont need him anymore. The colts need a receiver who can catch.  I know it won't happen, but trading brisett to get anyone at this point makes sense

Dorsett couldnt catch a cold when he was here, what makes you think he fixed that ?

• Like 1

the sad thing is we could have had gordon.   his negative impact on the locker room is greatly stated imo.  hes a good team mate with some personal problems that dont really hurt anyone else.  if anything he inspires his team by making great catches

Just now, coltfaninnewyork said:

You serious?if I trade him it's for a high draft pick .john Clayton had a story today that giants should offer a second for brissett

i would accept that in a heart beat and i like brissett.  the giants will be near the top of the draft for sure 

• Like 3

I seriously doubt anyone is going to trade a 2nd let alone a 1st for Brissett, unless some playoff contender loses their starting QB. With that being said, I take a 2nd for Brissett all day. For those who say what if Luck gets hurt, the Colts are 1-5 so it’s rather immaterial if he’s stays or goes.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

You serious?if I trade him it's for a high draft pick .john Clayton had a story today that giants should offer a second for brissett

I'd take a 2nd rounder right now. If not, it's best if we just wait until the offseason. His value isn't going to depreciate and the list of suitors will likely be longer. 

2 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

If teams were willing to offer a 1st for Jacoby why would we trade him for Dorsett alone and nothing else? Lol

• Like 1

Ballard traded Dorsett to New England for Brissett. It's crazy to think he'd trade Brissett right back to them. Besides, it's not as if a receiver is the final piece that will make the Colts a contender. Let the season play out at see what comes available in the draft and free agency.

the more i think about it, the more i realize it is time to look into trades for brissett.  i wanted to keep him around before the season, but its a lost cause now 

might as well get a draft pick for him before he leaves in free agency 

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hypothetically, if we traded Brissett to the Giants for a 2nd rounder, we'd have almost recouped all of Dorsett's "value" as a 29th overall late 1st round pick. Would be quite genius actually and would erase a mistake by Grigson.

Now if he used that pick to help us acquire either Bell or Cooper I would be one happy camper.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Now if he used that pick to help us acquire either Bell or Cooper I would be one happy camper.  

Cooper I would love, as I think he still has a lot of potential away from Carr. Bell, I just worry about how hard it will be to sign him to an extension. So I'd probably avoid him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Cooper I would love, as I think he still has a lot of potential away from Carr. Bell, I just worry about how hard it will be to sign him to an extension. So I'd probably avoid him.

Brissett to the raiders for cooper and they trade carr elsewhere

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Anyone seen the movie Hocus Pocus, where toward the end one of the characters is walking through the house and imagining tons of snakes, and then Fauzia Balk's face suddenly pops up and says, "GOTCHA!!!!!"

I'm waiting for the OP to do that.

that's from the craft

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

the more i think about it, the more i realize it is time to look into trades for brissett.  i wanted to keep him around before the season, but its a lost cause now 

might as well get a draft pick for him before he leaves in free agency 

Isn't Brisset under contract through next season too?

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Isn't Brisset under contract through next season too?

Yes, and unfortunately the NFL is not like MLB, where bad teams trade players on their last year of a contract to acquire something in return. I'll be surprised if the Colts net anything for Brissett barring an injury to a starting QB. With that being said, I'd be more surprised if the Colts got even a 2nd for JB. 

Brissett is a NFL backup QB.  No team is going to trade for him to replace their bad starter midseason, just to have him help them win a few more games. 

Only if a GM plans to create a Baltimore Raven dominant defense would he consider trading for Brissett to be a starter.  He's a backup, and backups don't go for anything higher than a 4th, IMO.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Brissett is a NFL backup QB.  No team is going to trade for him to replace their bad starter midseason, just to have him help them win a few more games. 

Only if a GM plans to create a Baltimore Raven dominant defense would he consider trading for Brissett to be a starter.  He's a backup, and backups don't go for anything higher than a 4th, IMO.

There are some who view him as a Starting Caliber QB

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DougDew said:

John Clayton is suggesting that the Giants trade their 2nd. rd pick for him right now.  And if they feel they made a mistake they could always use their 1st pick on a QB this year.  Clayton thinks he's the real deal and worth the pick.  Clayton is a well respected NFL journalist.  You can find his article on Bleacher Report. 

I can definitely see the Giants making a trade with us for Brissett. I think it would be a smart move on their part.  You get a guy with experience, over a potential rookie from next year’s draft, who would still be cheap for his evaluation year.  Still allows them to get a LT or other position of need high in next year’s draft.  

And even if JB came in and balled out for them, it’s unlikely he would/could demand a break the bank contract. So you could potentially get a starting caliber QB at a discount compared to most others.  And lastly, the greatest coach (Parcells) in NYG football history was a mentor to JB and he has history with the organization.  

Let’s get it done.  Even if we have to throw a 4th or 5th in with JB to get their 2nd & a 5th or something like that.  That would really expedite our rebuilding next offseason. Get 3-4 more sure fire contributors like (Nelson, Leonard, Smith, & Turay) & we’re winning the close games next year that we’re losing this year. 

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

John Clayton is suggesting that the Giants trade their 2nd. rd pick for him right now.  And if they feel they made a mistake they could always use their 1st pick on a QB this year.  Clayton thinks he's the real deal and worth the pick.  Clayton is a well respected NFL journalist.  You can find his article on Bleacher Report. 

To be fair, Clayton is a * that pretends to know his stuff.