Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1&5? Lets face some hard reality.

I know this season is far from over , but we as a forum should look at fact that we probably  will have a high draft choice next season. Any input for our direction for who's available in the top 5 next season and what position vs best player available is up for debate. I know it's early but we probably will be picking high in the draft choices. It boils down to trading pics vs  a position player at the spot we in up as. I know it sucks , but this is what we will be facing at the end of the year.     

6 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Bu, Bu, The Jags and Titans lost today and we're only 2 games back! 

Buffalo-W

Raiders-W

3-5 @ midseason  + 1 loss from each other AFCS team= We're in control of our destiny baby!

:sarcasm: (kinda)

Actually as silly as that sounds we are sort of in control of our destiny if win the rest of our Division games and win the next 2 games to get to 3-5. I know I always look for a way to stay alive. I don't believe in tanking, never have except when we got to 0-8 in 2011. I knew we could get Luck at that point but that was a rare circumstance for me. It will take 1-7 for me to say screw it lmao 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Buffalo-W

Raiders-W

3-5 @ midseason  + 1 loss from each other AFCS team= We're in control of our destiny baby!

Sam Darnold shredded us to ribbons... 

Josh Allen might be out against us, but let me say this:

If Nathan Peterman beats us, we will not win a single game for the rest of the year. That will be the absolute floor for this team.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Sam Darnold shredded us to ribbons... 

Josh Allen might be out against us, but let me say this:

If Nathan Peterman beats us, we will not win a single game for the rest of the year. That will be the absolute floor for this team.

If we lose to Nathan Peterman I'm switching teams. Kidding. But that would be rock bottom. 

Fans throwing in the towell after six games.  Pathetic.  If Ballard had the nads to get Luck another playmaker right now they would have a fighting chance to make the playoffs.  If he does nothing Reich is going to have a hard time matching Paganos 4 wins last year and Reich has a healthy Luck playing QB for him.  Now that is Pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

They don't have their mvp Fournette..Bortles can't hold it down, just as everyone expected.

Fournette is Good but nothing special. Their Defense is the heart and soul of that team and they gave up 40 to Dallas. Even with Fournette they wouldve lost. We didn't have TY today. I can use that excuse, no Jack either. Those are Luck's 2 favorite target and TY is Very Good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Fans throwing in the towell after six games.  Pathetic.  If Ballard had the nads to get Luck another playmaker right now they would have a fighting chance to make the playoffs.  If he does nothing Reich is going to have a hard time matching Paganos 4 wins last year and Reich has a healthy Luck playing QB for him.  Now that is Pathetic. 

Dude we are 1 and 5  I will always pull for our guys this year to  win more games but to think we are  going to  get to the play offs with our talent is delusional  at best and believe me I am the most optimist at being a Colts fan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Dude we are 1 and 5  I will always pull for our guys this year to  win more games but to think we are  going to  get to the play offs with our talent is delusional  at best and believe me I am the most optimist at being a Colts fan.

I respectfully disagree.  This roster currently would have a hard time.  But with another offensive playmaker for Luck then we have a chance.  Our division is not that strong. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Buffalo-W

Raiders-W

This guy!!!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At 1-5 the season should basically be over but as bad our Division is it isn't unbelievably. The other 3 teams are just 3-3. I fully expected the Jags to be 5-1 by now but they average at 3-3. They look very beatable. It's not over until it's over! 

It's not about how bad our division is it's about how bad we are as a team. They have much more talent as we have at this point. We are not going to even over achieve with the red zone & turnover problems we have, Why? Because probably the lack of talent. I love the Colts , but that being said WE are a bad team right now.

Personally, I don't think we'll be picking in the top 5 in 2019. 

However top 10? I'd bet yes as of right now. 

We have to just add some difference makers. There are some things to like about our roster. I like our QB, young interior O-line, some of the young defensive talent added over the last couple years. I think we could be really good in another year or two, I really do. 

54 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I know this season is far from over , but we as a forum should look at fact that we probably  will have a high draft choice next season. Any input for our direction for who's available in the top 5 next season and what position vs best player available is up for debate. I know it's early but we probably will be picking high in the draft choices. It boils down to trading pics vs  a position player at the spot we in up as. I know it sucks , but this is what we will be facing at the end of the year.     

There are still 10 games left in the regular season.    If you want to talk about the draft wouldn’t you like to talk about it over on the draft-free agent page with the other draft fanatics?

Can’t we at least focus on this season while it’s not even half way over yet?   Is that really so unreasonable?

There’s an entire page devoted to free agency and the draft.   Can’t these conversations be held there a few more months?

Just asking...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

It's not about how bad our division is it's about how bad we are as a team. They have much more talent as we have at this point. We are not going to even over achieve with the red zone & turnover problems we have, Why? Because probably the lack of talent. I love the Colts , but that being said WE are a bad team right now.

We also have had a lot of injuries. It's easy to just look at wins and losses but with TY I think we win the Houston game and who knows about today? If Jack doesn't fumble who knows about opening day? The REFS screwed us against Philly as well. Yeah we are bad but losing your #1 WR and #1 TE doesn't help matters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

There are still 10 games left in the regular season.    If you want to talk about the draft wouldn’t you like to talk about it over on the draft-free agent page with the other draft fanatics?

Can’t we at least focus on this season while it’s not even half way over yet?   Is that really so unreasonable?

There’s an entire page devoted to free agency and the draft.   Can’t these conversations be held there a few more months?

Just asking...

That will probably be addressed soon enough, I know you think that this is to premature & I get that but,  as a fan I just think that we are  not ready to compete with our division yet. regardless of their record  Can mathematically we still be relevant ? Heck yea. but realistically ? not so much. And I will put on my Colts jersey every game and  pull for the Colts but I have very little expectations  this year guy. Just one's guy's incite.

10 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Sorry  Superman, but we as a fan forum or not ready to do that yet, we are just talking about our frustrations so far this season. But thanks any way 

There are multiple threads talking about frustrations with this season. This thread is specifically directed toward the draft. That's what the draft section is for. 

On 10/14/2018 at 7:44 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

Yea guys, the rest of our division is not good but, let's face it we are not a good football team at this point in time, We have very few skilled players as the other guys in our division.

How things change. Before the season, people were talking how the AFC South could be one of the toughest, with the Colts in the mix.  Now every AFC South team has Yielded more points than Scored and is at .500 (except the 1-5 Colts).

On 10/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, richard pallo said:

Who could Ballard get (playmaker?) right now?  We are 1-5 and not giving up, what other team will part with a playmaker at a reasonable price? (a 1st for A. Cooper isn't it, nor a high priced long term Dez deal)).  Maybe start a thread on who/how many players (and at what cost) it would take for the Colts to contend for the division title (the only way Colts make the playoffs).

On 10/14/2018 at 7:59 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fournette is Good but nothing special. Their Defense is the heart and soul of that team and they gave up 40 to Dallas. Even with Fournette they wouldve lost. We didn't have TY today. I can use that excuse, no Jack either. Those are Luck's 2 favorite target and TY is Very Good.

Welcome to the new NFL.  300 yards passing and 30 points are normals.  An elite D these days holds teams to 3 TD's or 2 TD's and 2 FG's consistently.  I think the days of holding a run oif teams to 13 points or less are over.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:07 PM, richard pallo said:

I respectfully disagree.  This roster currently would have a hard time.  But with another offensive playmaker for Luck then we have a chance.  Our division is not that strong. 

Who?  As I mentioned before, how do we get them and what does it cost?