Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OL gave Luck time and made room for Mack

TigerColt

I agree. This is what I wanted and expected to see with the return of Castonzo. This OL looked very very solid. Kept Luck clean for the most part and was good in the run game in the second half. We still might need one more starter to add to this group, but I like the prospect of this OLine. 

3 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

The o-line did it's job. The WR's though...........I was on the 'let them play and see how they do"..but now Luck has 3 picks in 2 games off pass deflection/drops. And too many drops while wide open.  Man we need Hilton back. And Doyle.

they need to call up a practice squad wr to see if any of them are better at catching.

Luck had a clean pocket today. They were solid and he was rarely knocked down either after his passes.

They just seriously have no playmakers when you take TY out of the equation. The O is leaving points on the board or giving points directly to the other team. I'm not saying the D are world beaters by any means. But if Luck isn't getting killed each game, we should be scoring more in theory. 

It's tough right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think Wilkins got any carries. Something going on there? Not even when Turbin got hurt.

Mack was balling.

Do you think Mach showed us what we have in the back up RB spots?

Is Mack that much better than Hines and Wilkens or did playing the Jets have more to do with it?

I didn't think Turbin looked very good.   

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Do you think Mach showed us what we have in the back up RB spots?

Is Mack that much better than Hines and Wilkens or did playing the Jets have more to do with it?

I didn't think Turbin looked very good.   

Mack is just better than them.   Plus he's got a year in the NFL already so he's learned how to hit it. Turbin killed us with the fumble I'll say that, then he left with an arm injury and never came back which isn't a good sign.   I'm wondering if we bring Jonathan Williams up as his replacement to play alongside Mack, Wilkins, and Hines?

47 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

mack can make plays, but he makes too many mistakes for a #1.  he either needs to fix that or be a #2

What mistakes were those in his first game back?

12 rushes for 89 yards is something a Colts team hasn't seen for awhile.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

What mistakes were those in his first game back?

12 rushes for 89 yards is something a Colts team hasn't seen for awhile.

I believe he's referring to the dropped screen pass that went for 7 points.   Similar to the toss sweep that he dropped against Pit or Tenn from last year that went for 7 points.   Needs to clean stuff like that up.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Mack is just better than them.   Plus he's got a year in the NFL already so he's learned how to hit it. Turbin killed us with the fumble I'll say that, then he left with an arm injury and never came back which isn't a good sign.   I'm wondering if we bring Jonathan Williams up as his replacement to play alongside Mack, Wilkins, and Hines?

I'm a Mack fan, he hits the hole at a different speed, dude can boogie! Wasn't the fumble on a fourth down Turbin wasn't going to make anyway?

4 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I'm a Mack fan, he hit the hole at a different speed, dude can boogie! Wasn't the fumble on a fourth down Turbin wasn't going to make anyway?

No he wasn't going to make it.  The fumble made it worse though.

2 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Truth be told the fumble was irrelevant, the play was DOA.

I agree, but I just dont like to see the fumbles because that could have turned into a scoop and score or something. It was a turnover either way, but I think if you're going to have one at least give the D a chance to stop them or something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

True but Bell would have gone over a 100 and scored where Mack was tackled after his big run that he bounced to the left.  He's not a no. 1. 

Maybe, but we don't know that. 

I'm not sure if he is a number 1 or not, but he is close.   I'd give him a few more games.   He was night and day better than Wilkens and Hines.  

Mack is the #1 back on this team as of right now and I'm pretty certain of that.  And I think Wilkins ought to be the #2 guy.   I think Mack should get about 15 carries a game,  Wilkins should get about 10 and Hines should get the rest along with his passing game work.  Honestly I'm hoping Jonathan Williams is a better back than Wilkins and they bring him up to replace Wilkins. Don't know that yet but we shall soon see!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Mack is the #1 back on this team and I'm pretty certain of that.  And I think Wilkins ought to be the #2 guy.   I think Mack should get about 15 carries a game,  Wilkins should get about 10 and Hines should get the rest along with his passing game work.  Honestly I'm hoping Jonathan Williams is a better back than Wilkins and they bring him up to replace Wilkins. Don't know that yet but we shall soon see!

I'm hoping they trade for Bell and put Turbin on IR. 

Colts need to lean on Mack and the run game more. Mack had a couple huge runs but most of the running happened during the 2nd half. Not going to beat very many teams without running the ball and utilizing the clock and wearing down their defense and giving our guys some rest. Turbin looked like he was in a good amount of pain when he was tackled too.