Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Amari Cooper on trading block?

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/14/raiders-reportedly-shopping-amari-cooper-karl-joseph/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I wonder, could he be the TY compliment the Colts need? And I wonder what price he could be had for.

I don't think he'll be a Colt. The next WR that will be a Colt will be another no name guy that we hope will become somebody, ala Rogers, Pascal, Grant, M. Johnson, etc...

On 10/14/2018 at 12:56 PM, rockywoj said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/14/raiders-reportedly-shopping-amari-cooper-karl-joseph/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I wonder, could he be the TY compliment the Colts need? And I wonder what price he could be had for.

The Raiders are currently asking for a 1st rounder. That will never ever happen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMarine said:

Raiders probably could have gotten a 1st rounder for him after his first 2 seasons of tearing it up. But after not using him this year, and his poor year last year, they'd be lucky to get a 2nd. 

WOW!  No way did I see a 1st rounder in this deal.  Either the Cowboyz are stupid or they see something in this guy the rest of us don't.  Congrats to the Raiders though, that's a SWEET deal for them.  If CB did inquire about Cooper, I'm sure that was a short conversation once he found out the asking price!

On 10/16/2018 at 1:54 PM, TheMarine said:

Never say 'never' ...

16 hours ago, Cynjin said:

For the Cowboys 1st round pick. 

The Jones' have done this before...

12 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

WOW!  No way did I see a 1st rounder in this deal.  Either the Cowboyz are stupid or they see something in this guy the rest of us don't.  Congrats to the Raiders though, that's a SWEET deal for them.  If CB did inquire about Cooper, I'm sure that was a short conversation once he found out the asking price!

Folks, Raiders getting a #1 means there was at least one offer for a #2 from someone:

I can see some of our Fan Forum armchair GM's on that call -

Fan Forum GM - Jon, we'll give you a #3 for Cooper...  whadda ya say?

Gruden - Sorry, we already got an offer for a #2, but we're looking for a #1.

Fan Forum GM - Ha! You'll never get that. Goodbye.

Jerry/Stephen Jones - Jon, we'll give you a #2...

Gruden -  We already have an offer for a 2, gives us your #1 next year and he's yours...

Jones - Deal. Lets sign this thing and send it in...

Gruden - Hey, Fan forum GM... Never?  :dance:

Fan Forum GM -  :mindblow:

10 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Too bad I cannot FreezingColdTakes myself here...

10 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Cowboys screwed not only themselves, but now they screwed whomever tries to trade for Peterson out of AZ.

Cardinals owner Bidwell denies trading PP-

*************************************************************************************

Michael Bidwill did discuss some other issues on his team. Asked about the recent speculation about the Cardinals possibly trading star cornerback Patrick Peterson, Bidwill was emphatic to NFL.com.

"Not true," Bidwill said while leaving the Conrad Hotel after the Fall League Meeting in New York. "I've seen the speculation. But it's not happening. Not happening."

One team inquired about Peterson's availability and was flat-out told no, per a source.

Asked Monday if the team would entertain trade offers for the star cornerback -- or trade demands by the star cornerback -- first-year coach Steve Wilks shot down both scenarios.

"We're not trading Patrick," Wilks said, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. "That's out of the question."

*************************************************************************************

Only a week left to break those promises...  :cheers:

13 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Raiders now have 3 first rounders in the draft next year and 2 first rounders the following year.  

18 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Yeah, Cooper better plan out or Jerry will end up looking as bad as Grigson did in the TR trade.

Well, I heard they were going to target a WR in round 1 of next year draft, so why not take Cooper now and see if they win the division. Eagles are faltering, Giants are in the dumpster again, and Redskins have some weak spots in their armor.

Now they have someone to take the top off the D, relieve pressure off Cole Beasley, and maybe free up more room for Zeke Elliott.

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Raiders now have 3 first rounders in the draft next year and 2 first rounders the following year.  

Gruden will try to unload even more vets for picks if he can.  He is in total rebuild mode. He must have depsised what he saw in training camp.  He's doing a Chris Ballard, rebuild with young draft picks and establish 'his' culture.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well, I heard they were going to target a WR in round 1 of next year draft, so why not take Cooper now and see if they win the division. Eagles are faltering, Giants are in the dumpster again, and Redskins have some weak spots in their armor.

Now they have someone to take the top off the D, relieve pressure off Cole Beasley, and maybe free up more room for Zeke Elliott.

It is too early to predict who the Cowboys would select in the 2019 draft, although I am sure they would be looking at WRs.  If Cooper pans out and plays like a first round worthy player, then great job by Jerry.  If not, then that was a bad trade.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

So, we could trade down with them if we think the guy we want would be still around and pick up an additional second (depends on where we will be drafting, of course)? They have their first rounder, the Cowboys's first rounder and the Bears' first rounder. 

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

It is too early to predict who the Cowboys would select in the 2019 draft, although I am sure they would be looking at WRs.  If Cooper pans out and plays like a first round worthy player, then great job by Jerry.  If not, then that was a bad trade.

If Cooper pans out and plays - well enough the Cowboys win their division and make the playoffs in 2018, then it was worth it. Because I don't think they get in the playoffs without getting Cooper on their squad this year.

Dak is good, but not elite. He needs weapons then he can succeed.

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If Cooper pans out and plays - well enough the Cowboys win their division and make the playoffs in 2018, then it was worth it. Because I don't think they get in the playoffs without getting Cooper on their squad this year.

Dak is good, but not elite. He needs weapons then he can succeed.

I'm not sure that Cooper is going to be able to help Dak that much this year.  Cooper still has to learn the Cowboys offense.  Giving up a first round pick for the potential of winning their division this year is not a good use of draft picks, IMO.

The Cowboys could win that division without Cooper.  Even if Cooper is a key to them winning the division this year, it is highly doubtful that they go far in the playoffs, it's possible but unlikely.

10 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I'm not sure that Cooper is going to be able to help Dak that much this year.  Cooper still has to learn the Cowboys offense.  

Routes are routes.

2f131ebd9723b50d6e3c471f38f02556_crop_ex

What he has to learn is the language/calls/audibles.  Teams still have to gameplan for him an put guys on him; freeing up Beasley, Gallup, and Elliott more.

Giving up a first round pick for the potential of winning their division this year is not a good use of draft picks, IMO.

What else do they have to offer to get him?

The Cowboys could win that division without Cooper.  

I, and apparently the team, are not sure that is so.  Their pass O is abysmal right now. check the stats...

Even if Cooper is a key to them winning the division this year, it is highly doubtful that they go far in the playoffs, it's possible but unlikely.

Getting in is the goal!  New season.  I remember when our bad run D in 2006 was going to keep Manning from getting a SB trophy when we got in....  ;-)

Drafting a WR next year doesn't help this year, nor maybe even next year as they have to learn everything from scratch.

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Routes are routes.

2f131ebd9723b50d6e3c471f38f02556_crop_ex

What he has to learn is the language/calls/audibles.  Teams still have to gameplan for him an put guys on him; freeing up Beasley, Gallup, and Elliott more.

What else do they have to offer to get him?

I, and apparently the team, are not sure that is so.  Their pass O is abysmal right now. check the stats...

Getting in is the goal!  New season.  I remember when our bad run D in 2006 was going to keep Manning from getting a SB trophy when we got in....  ;-)

Drafting a WR next year doesn't help this year, nor maybe even next year as they have to learn everything from scratch.

Routes are routes, but routes are not timing.  Which comes after a lot of practice, which is not had in a week.  When you are learning a new language, you are thinking, not reacting when a play is called.  When players are thinking instead of reacting, that tends to slow players down.

Like I posted before, if he can play like a first round pick, essentially his first two years, then great, it is a good trade, if he plays like the last year and a half, then it is as bad a trade as the TR trade Grigson made.

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Routes are routes, but routes are not timing.  Which comes after a lot of practice, which is not had in a week.  When you are learning a new language, you are thinking, not reacting when a play is called.  When players are thinking instead of reacting, that tends to slow players down.

Timing is just reps and will come fairly quickly.  There's over one half the season left.

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Like I posted before, if he can play like a first round pick, essentially his first two years, then great, it is a good trade, if he plays like the last year and a half, then it is as bad a trade as the TR trade Grigson made.

They expect him to return to pro bowl form and get production above what they could draft next year for both this and next year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2018/10/23/dallas-cowboys-amari-cooper-trade-first-round-pick/1739287002/

He is only 24, but his pay will balloon soon. Especially if he pans out the way they think.

I live in Dallas, and you have wall to wall coverage of ANYTHING Cowboys

Zeke orders an extra large Pizza..... IT MAKES THE NEWS

There IS pressure to win NOW by the current coaching staff

They have some talent and can make the playoffs with this team.......

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 11:59 AM, chad72 said:

So, we could trade down with them if we think the guy we want would be still around and pick up an additional second (depends on where we will be drafting, of course)? They have their first rounder, the Cowboys's first rounder and the Bears' first rounder. 

Doubtful.  Raiders record is worse then ours, so they will likely get a chance to draft the guy they really want first.  

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Doubtful.  Raiders record is worse then ours, so they will likely get a chance to draft the guy they really want first.  

I am talking about their 2nd first rounder, wherever it is, if it is in the 14-18 range where I expect the Cowboys to finish. So, if the Colts are at #12 (say) and can afford to step down to #18 with the Raiders (Cowboys first rounder) and gain an additional second rounder, I would do so. The Bears probably will be closer to the 14-18 range as well, IMO.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am talking about their 2nd first rounder, wherever it is, if it is in the 12-16 range where I expect the Cowboys to finish. So, if the Colts are at #12 (say) and can afford to step down to #16 with the Raiders (Cowboys first rounder) and gain an additional second rounder, I would do so. The Bears probably will be closer to the 18-22 range, IMO.

That's presuming that they have interest in making such a trade.  

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

That's presuming that they have interest in making such a trade.  

Of course, that goes without saying.  Raiders are probably going to finish worse than the Colts too for their earliest first rounder to be earlier than ours, I am assuming just like you there.