Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ New York Jets Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

6 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

Not sure if its a good thing that our offense relies solely on TY but i get it

It’s definitely not a good thing.  But he is all they really have at receiver.  No one else can catch it seems. Lol. No one else can stretch the defense or make the defense have to worry about where he is at all times.  Ballard has a lot of work to do as our cupboard is still pretty bare at the skill positions. Time to come off some of that cap money and bring in some playmakers.  Enough with the bargain bin thrift shopping.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe we are a bad team? Not having TY really hurts I will say that. Both of Luck's INT's weren't even his fault. WR's can't catch the ball and our Defense is back to being bad compared to weeks 2 and 3. Down 23-13 at Half, time to step and make some plays or the season is toast.

The Colts have discovered a cure for the common cold, no one can catch anything!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe we are a bad team? Not having TY really hurts I will say that. Both of Luck's INT's weren't even his fault. WR's can't catch the ball and our Defense is back to being bad compared to weeks 2 and 3. Down 23-13 at Half, time to step and make some plays or the season is toast.

Doyle is a big big miss too, don’t underestimate his run blocking.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

maybe ? ……….. maybe ??……………….. MAYBE ????????????????????????????????????

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck has been getting little help.  I won’t put the first one on him.  The second one he has some blame as it was a pretty dangerous throw near three white shirts. Still Grant should have been able to secure that catch. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I hope we don't give up on Mack...he is not a power runner, get him the ball in the open field and the guy can make some big plays for us. He dropped the screen pass, I get it, but come back to that and he can punish the Jets!

Not trying to argue... But mack is made of glass. I don't see him staying on the roster long considering his current trajectory. I really thought he showed promise last year... The situation reminds me of the ex Colts running back Vick Ballard. 

I figured this would be a long season because of all the young guys. It's like an NBA team who wants to tank the season by just throwing out their young talent and seeing which ones show enough to stick around.

However, I thought with Luck back there was no way we would win less than 6 games. I saw 6-7 wins. I may have to take that back if we can't beat a team like the Jets.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

I hope we don't give up on Mack...he is not a power runner, get him the ball in the open field and the guy can make some big plays for us. He dropped the screen pass, I get it, but come back to that and he can punish the Jets!

I’m sorry but I’m at a point where I just want to see Wilkins out there. Mack has been trash

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i guess its not that surprising when you consider our wide receivers are all undrafted free agents except for grant, who was a 5th.  the running backs have been bad too

Ballard sat on that wallet . Whether that was the way to go is a matter of opinion I guess .  But this is what you get . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Know things are rough when even you are posting uncertainty. I hear you man. This is tough to watch. Dropped passes, bad play design (or execution), and soft coverage. Add in injuries and you got yourself a mess. If we don’t win this game then season will for sure be lost. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Good QBs?  More like every QB.

Haha u r right.  I am really trying to b an optimist and I said these next 3 games against teams on our level would tell us a lot. Wat is telling me so far is that this team is Andrew Luck.  We have  little to no talent and I believe we r being out coached. Seems like we r regressing

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We don’t really have a good running back on the entire roster.  None of these guys are special.  They are all back up type runners. Still need to find that franchise back in my opinion. 

yea not getting barkley was huge. Didn't get any of the other decent rbs either

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Haha u r right.  I am really trying to b an optimist and I said these next 3 games against teams on our level would tell us a lot. Wat is telling me so far is that this team is Andrew Luck.  We have  little to no talent and I believe we r being out coached. Seems like we r regressing

I think the playcalling has been a little lackluster, but I think youth and talent play a part also.

1 minute ago, Ratking said:

LOL yes it was.  with that uncompetitive Colts squad last year, watching it snow was definitely much more entertaining than watching them play. 

Maybe Irsay can leave the LOS roof open and we can hope for a snow game re-do in Indy.  Not sure exactly when we play them though. Might still be too warm.

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Know things are rough when even you are posting uncertainty. I hear you man. This is tough to watch. Dropped passes, bad play design (or execution), and soft coverage. Add in injuries and you got yourself a mess. If we don’t win this game then season will for sure be lost. 

Yeah this doesn't look good. It pains me to say that the Posters I called negative may be right.