Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ New York Jets Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

12 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I'm sorry but that is nonsense. Peyton never had this lack of talent around him.

Luck can't make his guys run better routes, create separation, or catch the damn ball. Give me a break.

Please Peyton made guys like Blair White look like a competent receiver. He had a better grasp of the game and where to place the football.  He knew where his receivers were supposed to be and put them in the best position to make plays.   Luck still needs to grow in that area if you want to call him elite. 

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That’s the problem...it’s not just this season.  Over his whole career Luck has not been an elite QB.  He is too turnover prone for one thing.  He needs to get after his under performing team mates more for another.  He is too golly go lucky.  Not everyone can be elite.  Doesn’t mean he isn’t good or can’t be elite one day.  But he just hasn’t yet achieved the elite status.  If you poll most NFL fans outside of Indianapolis most would not include him in the list of current great quarterbacks.  He would be lumped in with the rest of the pretty good young guns though he will be creeping up on 30 pretty soon. 

Nothing sounds more useless than an "NFL fan poll". Most are clueless and would echo the sentiment of the mostly clueless media.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Nothing sounds more useless than an "NFL fan poll". Most are clueless and would echo the sentiment of the mostly clueless media.

As clueless and useless as homer Colts fans proclaiming error prone Andrew Luck as an elite quarterback post after post. 

24 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Please Peyton made guys like Blair White look like a competent receiver. He had a better grasp of the game and where to place the football.  He knew where his receivers were supposed to be and put them in the best position to make plays.   Luck still needs to grow in that area if you want to call him elite. 

Why are we talking about Peyton Manning? If you want to compare the surrounding cast of Luck's vs. Manning, you're going to lose. Blair White looked pedestrian with Manning. Luck could easily make him look pedestrian. Hell, he is probably better than anyone Luck is throwing to right now.

I love Peyton and think he is the GOAT. But his situation is no way comparable to Luck's.

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Please Peyton made guys like Blair White look like a competent receiver.

That's funny.  That's exactly who I was thinking of.  I remember a game.  I don't remember who they were playing.  I think it was a playoff game, but I'm not sure.  Peyton threw an over-the-shoulder TD pass to Blair White.  It was one of the most beautiful passes that I have ever seen.  Just perfectly placed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

As clueless and useless as homer Colts fans proclaiming error prone Andrew Luck as an elite quarterback post after post. 

Error prone or trying desperately to make chicken salad out of chicken ....? Not to say he doesn't make mistakes because he does but it looks a lot of the time like he's trying too hard when others around him aren't trying hard enough.

16 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

What did Dallas do after leaving Peyton?  That’s what I thought. 

You serious? He was 33 years old.

You trying to imply Clark wouldn't have been a success without Peyton?

And btw:

TB 2012

47 receptions for 435 yards and 4 touchdowns

Balt 2013

31 receptions for 343 yards and 3 touchdowns

Not too bad. You're really reaching for your erroneous argument.

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

What did Dallas do after leaving Peyton?  That’s what I thought. 

That's a ridiculous argument.  Most of the receivers that Peyton worked with were towards the end of their careers when he left the Colts.  You can't compare Dallas in his twilight years to Dallas in his prime.  What did Reggie Wayne do with the Patriots after leaving Luck?  That doesn't make Luck a better QB than Tom Brady.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

That's a ridiculous argument.  Most of the receivers that Peyton worked with were towards the end of their careers when he left the Colts.  You can't compare Dallas in his twilight years to Dallas in his prime.  What did Reggie Wayne do with the Patriots after leaving Luck?  That doesn't make Luck a better QB than Tom Brady.

Yeah it kinda is.  Lol.  But at the same time we never got to see how good Dallas was away from Manning so it’s hard to say how good he would have been with another QB. Would he have still been a household name?  Back in the day alot of Colts fans were saying that Peyton was the reason why our receivers looked so good.  Not saying I agreed back then but just look at how much the team fell off that one year Peyton did not play due to his neck injury.  

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah it kinda is.  Lol.  But at the same time we never got to see how good Dallas was away from Manning so it’s hard to say how good he would have been with another QB. Would he have still been a household name?  Back in the day alot of Colts fans were saying that Peyton was the reason why our receivers looked so good.  Not saying I agreed back then but just look at how much the team fell off that one year Peyton did not play due to his neck injury.  

Dallas Clark was a Good player but it's hard to say how Good he wouldve been without Manning. I can only safely say Wayne and Harrison wouldve been Good to Great without Manning. The others, I am not sure about. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Now he is error prone. Lol. Wheew

Yep. He is either good luck or bad luck.  Don’t know which you will get.  Sometimes both on the same Sunday.  Falls way behind (due to turnovers & fg settling) and then rallies back just enough to pad his passing stats against defenses playing in protect mode.  That’s not elite...sorry. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dallas Clark was a Good player but it's hard to say how Good he wouldve been without Manning. I can only safely say Wayne and Harrison wouldve been Good to Great without Manning. The others, I am not sure about. 

I agree with that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Yep. He is either good luck or bad luck.  Don’t know which you will get.  Sometimes both on the same Sunday.  Falls way behind (due to turnovers & fg settling) and then rallies back just enough to pad his passing stats against defenses playing in protect mode.  That’s not elite...sorry. 

Clearly you expect Luck to win games despite his terrible team. That is ridiculous...sorry.

Even the most elite QBs can only do so much with so little.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Clearly you expect Luck to win games despite his terrible team. That is ridiculous...sorry.

Even the most elite QBs can only do so much with so little.

That’s a different tune than what some Colts fans were singing last year.  All the “with Luck the Colts would have been 8-8 last year” or all “the Colts never have a losing season with Luck” stuff.  Looks like some of the fan base propped him up too much too soon.  I accept that he is not elite and that the team is not very good so thus I can understand all the losing.   It’s not befuddling to me. Talent or lack of talent aside...the Colts as a team make too many mistakes from Luck on down the roster. 

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That’s a different tune than what some Colts fans were singing last year.  All the “with Luck the Colts would have been 8-8 last year” or all “the Colts never have a losing season with Luck” stuff.  Looks like some of the fan base propped him up too much too soon.  I accept that he is not elite and that the team is not very good so thus I can understand all the losing.   It’s not befuddling to me. Talent or lack of talent aside...the Colts as a team make too many mistakes from Luck on down the roster. 

All right, we're done here. Luck will hopefully have the cast before he retires to prove the naysayers wrong.