Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ New York Jets Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

16 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

If you're not mad, then you realize that....

(1)  It's just a game.

(2)  The people that suffer most from the Colts poor play are not you and me.  It's the people that are actually on the team or associated with it.

(3)  There is absolutely nothing to be gained from getting mad over things that you can't control.

If you get mad over football, then what's the point?  It's entertainment.  Why spend your free time on something that makes you upset?

I understand what you are saying, but us fans spend the money.  Fans have every right to be thrilled or angry about how the team plays.  Some people overreact though.  

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I understand what you are saying, but us fans spend the money.  Fans have every right to be thrilled or angry about how the team plays.  Some people overreact though.  

Of course.  You have the right to feel however you want to feel about it.  I'm not saying you don't have the right.  What I'm saying is I don't understand why somebody would devote their free time to something that makes them so upset.  I have work to make me upset.  If football ever becomes something other than entertainment to me, then I'm done with it.  I don't need more things in life that make me unhappy.

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I caught the end...wth happened seriously

Plethora of dropped passes, two of which resulted in interceptions, one of which turned into a pick six.  Defense couldn’t get off the field, to boot.  Colts backups just not good enough, team in desperate need of a WR upgrade.  Fountain might be called up this week.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

He absolutely is an elite QB on the most awful team. He's not an MVP because, again, he is on an awful team that is not in playoff contention.

Not yet he isn’t.  Only Colts fans still think he is. He is good though. One of several good young ones in this league. 

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Top 5, top 10. Hes plenty good enough to win with with some decent players around him. 

Luck is in there with Wentz, Goff, Rivers, Carr, Mahomes, Wilson, Cam.  He hasnt done anything to really separate himself from this good group.  

Elite is Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees.  

10 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

You need to make a meme of the new nike ads with the colts receiver and below the swoosh have it say "Just drop it"

This is where I demonstrate my total ignorance of pop culture.  I don't know what a meme is, and I am not familiar with the new Nike ads.

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Luck is in there with Wentz, Goff, Rivers, Carr, Mahomes, Wilson, Cam.  He hasnt done anything to really separate himself from this good group.  

He is coming back from a two year right shoulder injury and playing as good as ever; plus, go ahead and compare his supporting cast to the rest of the guys you listed.

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

marshmallow_man.jpg.488f09c405bfc2a85534983ea39941f3.jpg

I was gonna set this as my new avatar, but I couldn't figure out how to change it.  I'm such an old man.  Computers are too hard for me to use.

3 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Yes he is. The team, however, is far from it. I'd like to see the elite Tom Brady in this offense. lol

You don’t get to be elite on potential.  Luck has to continue to put in the work and figure it out like Peyton did. Make your guys better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

This is where I demonstrate my total ignorance of pop culture.  I don't know what a meme is, and I am not familiar with the new Nike ads.

There was a big run on making fun of the Nike inspirational ads featuring Kapernick

Examples.

DmSkIflU4AEhQiK.jpg:large

DnTvsKYVYAAiVDB.jpg:large

DmVl_YZXsAAEV10.jpg

DmrgxnRVsAAin80.jpg:large

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

You don’t get to be elite on potential.  Luck has to continue to put in the work and figure it out like Peyton did. Make your guys better. 

I'm sorry but that is nonsense. Peyton never had this lack of talent around him.

Luck can't make his guys run better routes, create separation, or catch the damn ball. Give me a break.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

Peyton had way, way better players than Luck and his guys caught the balls. No comparison at all. Luck can't make his guys run better routes, create separation, or catch the damn ball. Give me a break.

What, you think Harrison and Wayne are greater than what the Colts have now? :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

There was a big run on making fun of the Nike inspirational ads featuring Kapernick

I would probably find them funnier if I was familiar with what they're making fun of, but I am not at all familiar with the Kaepernick ads.

7 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

He is coming back from a two year right shoulder injury and playing as good as ever; plus, go ahead and compare his supporting cast to the rest of the guys you listed.

That’s the problem...it’s not just this season.  Over his whole career Luck has not been an elite QB.  He is too turnover prone for one thing.  He needs to get after his under performing team mates more for another.  He is too golly go lucky.  Not everyone can be elite.  Doesn’t mean he isn’t good or can’t be elite one day.  But he just hasn’t yet achieved the elite status.  If you poll most NFL fans outside of Indianapolis most would not include him in the list of current great quarterbacks.  He would be lumped in with the rest of the pretty good young guns though he will be creeping up on 30 pretty soon.