Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• A couple things. First, you don't typically see substantial rise or fall with QBs based on combines drills. And when you do, it's typically a fall rather than a rise (because of unexpected bad drills or interviews). And I'd bet more QBs rise and fall due to the private interviews than drills.   While everyone is getting moist over the way Love looked tossing the ball, everyone making decisions (GMs/Coaches) already knew he could throw dimes and has all the physical attributes. What is in question is decision making and his ability to learn/execute/recall. Both of those are interview items, not really drill items. The drills today only confirmed what most already knew based on all the film. And even the interviews don't really disprove the non-physical concern of decision making.   Second, if you agree with the above, it becomes a question about how others did, as much as it is about how Love did. Burrow and Tua aren't doing drills, and even if they did, it's highly unlikely either drop farther than Love might rise.   The only QB really in striking distance (for Love to pass) is Herbert. The concerns about Herbert are less (reads, progressions), and are not things you're going to see in drills either. He has less decision flags than Love. So the question really is, did he do so bad in the drills, or whiff in the interviews, that he will drop.    All the reports I've read have been pretty similar, and sync with what I saw... An that is the Herbert and Love were the best two QBs on the day. NFL.com actually tagged Herbert as the winner of the day. It's loser of the day was Fromm. Several other reviews were complimentary of Hurts, but he's no threat to Love/Herbert, and really in the third tier with Eason and Fromm. IMO, what was Eason then Fromm then Hurts, is now likely Hurts / Eason / Fromm. More about Fromm looking bad in drills, and Eason looking bad in interviews, than Hurts looking good though.    So after Day 1, Burrow, Tua, Herbert, and Love in that order, which is the same as yesterday.
    • He will most likely sit out 2020 and work on his mechanics and several other things and take over in 21.   I don't expect perfection either.
    • Call JB Chuck is an insult even though he’s not exactly Peyton Manning.    I just heard about Rivers. He looked done’r than dog duke last year but if ya’ll want a guy who plays without fear and will go deep a time or 20...and if Reich continues to get the most out of the team then he might get more out of Rivers than we think.   And Rivers getting mad like Brett Favre and balling for a year would be epic lol! Favre even said the same thing about mentoring Rodgers if you remember. People thought Favre was done to btw.
  • Members