Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Injury Report 10/11/2018

TKnight24

Have to worry about Ryan Kelly. Who plays center? Evan Boehm, that practice guy we just picked up?

https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-notebook-clayton-geathers-returns-practice

Kelly’s absence again on Thursday did see him doing some rehab stuff, by pushing a sled during the open media portion of practice. The starting center is still walking with a bit of a limp. Not having Kelly in Week Six would be a huge loss. He’s played every snap this season at center and the Colts are already down their two emergency centers in Joe Haeg (IR) and Matt Slauson (IR).

If Kelly can’t go, the Colts have no obvious answer at center. The lead guy is probably the newly signed Evan Boehm, who joined the team on Monday off of the Rams’ practice squad. Boehm is a three-year vet, who has made 9 career starts at guard. He’s never played center in an NFL regular season game, although he did play there in college. The 2016 fourth-round pick has been busy with assistant line coach Bobby Jonson this week trying to get up to speed. Do not be surprised if the Colts need Boehm in a big way on Sunday. And that will be quite the task, on the road, going against the blitz-crazy Todd Bowles.

With Denzelle Good back to practice on Thursday, it’s looking like the Colts could be on their way to using him at right tackle and then Braden Smith at right guard against the Jets. Could this be their combination on the right side for the foreseeable future?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

LOL to Mike Mitchell showing up on the injury report after his first day as a Colt. I know that it means nothing and that he will play, but it's funny nonetheless.

My exact thoughts as well. I think in the interviews they ask, we are looking for players who are more than likely capable of becoming injured, are you in for that? Lol 

It's like 1 step forward and 1 step right back for the Oline.

It's literally been:

AC is hurt

Nah but Webb is playing well at RT...wait never mind he's on IR

All good cause Haeg is doing well! Wait nah. He's on IR too.

Well Smith is playing well at RT! K scratch that Slauson is hurt and now Smith has to play RG

Good news though, AC and Good are ready to play again!

aaaaaand Kelly is hurt again. 

like why. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flash7 said:

LOL to Mike Mitchell showing up on the injury report after his first day as a Colt. I know that it means nothing and that he will play, but it's funny nonetheless.

Being on the injury report is basically a rite of passage for any new players who join the team. You're not truly a Colt until you land on that list.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ryan Kelly is made of glass. Seems like he's always injured. Next week it will be his big toe.

This is the same Ryan Kelly who started for 3 years at Alabama and did not miss a snap.

He played 15 of 16 games as a rookie and did well.

He had serious injuries last year...   broken foot...   concussion. 

He's played every game this year,  but now has a calf problem and now you think he's "made of glass."

Come on.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

This is the same Ryan Kelly who started for 3 years at Alabama and did not miss a snap.

He's played every game this year,  but now has a calf problem and now you think he's "made of glass."

Come on.....

I think it's because his name is always on the injury report, last week he was questionable against NE

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Come on.....

I am going by last season and this injury again?? I rarely rip players and usually make excuses for them when they do get injured, I take the positive side. But yes compared to Jeff Saturday he is made of glass. Sorry as we may disagree but I want a Center that can play almost every snap every year when he's young at least. Saturday missed 2 games in his first 8 seasons with us. I am just sick of the injuries to be honest.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ryan Kelly is made of glass. Seems like he's always injured. Next week it will be his big toe.

I am sorry but Dear God.  There is so much wrong with that short post.  A keyboard warrior suggesting that about an NFL player is high comedy.  

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jeff Saturday missed 2 starts in 8 seasons from 2000-2007 LOL. Played in 126 of 128 games in that span! These dudes are weak compared to past players. Kelly couldn't carry Saturday's jock strap.

I get it. Your screen name gives away where your love lies.  Deservedly so.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going by last season and this injury again?? I rarely rip players and usually make excuses for them when they do get injured, I take the positive side. But yes compared to Jeff Saturday he is made of glass. Sorry as we may disagree but I want a Center that can play almost every snap every year when he's young at least. Saturday missed 2 games in his first 8 seasons with us. I am just sick of the injuries to be honest.

First off, it's Thursday.  He has not missed the game yet.  Second, NCF gave some compelling stats.  HIs injuries last year were very serious and he only missed one game as a rookie.  It took him a long time for his concussion to clear and he broke a freaking bone with his other injury.

You comparing him to Saturday just seems strange  But Saturday gets credit for being tough and Kelly soft but it just seems Saturday was luckier, doesn't it?   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jeff Saturday missed 2 starts in 8 seasons from 2000-2007 LOL. Played in 126 of 128 games in that span! These dudes are weak compared to past players. Kelly couldn't carry Saturday's jock strap.

What, so.....they should be more like Slauson and almost nearly alter his back for the rest of his life by playing through an injury?

Calling a player weak for getting injured is so off base. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the league needs to start padding players up more somehow. These guys are huge and they obviously smash into each other. 

Everyone seems so thinly padded and streamlined in their unis. I'm guessing for speed. But it feels like everyone gets hurt nowadays, regardless of team. I'm generalizing about injuries, but it just seems that way lately.

• Like 1

One thing I have been wondering, especially for OTs .... with speed rushers seeming to trend to being smaller, faster, more athletic, could it be time to try and match athleticism with athleticism, ergo, start putting guys on the OL that are maybe smaller, but much faster and athletic?

Also, carrying less weight means a lot less stress on the joints.  I just wonder if smaller, faster, more nimble offensive linemen might be the way to go.  Thoughts?

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I am sorry but Dear God.  There is so much wrong with that short post.  A keyboard warrior suggesting that about an NFL player is high comedy.  

I get it. Your screen name gives away where your love lies.  Deservedly so.

First off, it's Thursday.  He has not missed the game yet.  Second, NCF gave some compelling stats.  HIs injuries last year were very serious and he only missed one game as a rookie.  It took him a long time for his concussion to clear and he broke a freaking bone with his other injury.

You comparing him to Saturday just seems strange  But Saturday gets credit for being tough and Kelly soft but it just seems Saturday was luckier, doesn't it?   

Yes Kelly stayed healthy in college, I wasn't debating that. I really don't think I am that far off base with my comments. He played 15 of 16 as a rookie, missed 9 games last year and is injured again. I guess if he plays Sunday it will prove me wrong but he is shaky for Sunday. A lot of guys stay healthy in college (Steve Emtman for example, doesn't mean jack when it comes to the Pro's) but can't in the Pro's so lets slow our roll a bit on giving NCF a pat on the back for a guy that stayed healthy his rookie season. That is just 1 season. How about last year? No pats for me lmao . I don't need them anyway because this debate is silly to be honest. I probably shouldn't of said anything negative about Kelly LOL. My bad I guess? The guy has had 1 healthy year in the Pro's and 1 non-healthy year and now he is injured again. Lets see if he plays Sunday? I hope he does for Luck's sake.

-My Post would've been silly had Kelly played 2 years in a row without missing a game in the Pro's and now this injury just occurred but I would've never made my comment if that were the case. I don't see anything wrong with comparing him to Jeff Saturday either. Saturday was a Great Center and basically never missed a game playing here. What do you find wrong comparing ex great Colts to some of the Colts now? Luck is criticized every day by the media and fans when he doesn't live up to his hype or is not Peyton like.

3 hours ago, Four2itus said:

What, so.....they should be more like Slauson and almost nearly alter his back for the rest of his life by playing through an injury?

Calling a player weak for getting injured is so off base. 

Ok I am wrong, I am ready to drop it lmao . I guess I just have to accept we have players that get injured and can't stay healthy like we had for 10 years straight in the Manning era. Today's game is different. Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg in the SB, Randy White with a broken arm in the SB, and Terrell Owens with a torn Achilles in the SB doesn't happen anymore I get it. Kelly has a Calf injury so if he sits he sits, maybe he needs too :dunno:. Lets hope he plays, I love the guy. If not lets hope he gets healthy. 

9 hours ago, jskinnz said:

What were calf injuries called way back when?

Please let me clarify. And before you diss me, let it be known that I spent many years in the medical profession. The correct scientific name back in the day was 'lower leg injury'.

Thank you,

Braveheart, M.D.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

We normally agree on most things sir, but I can see right through that argument.

Yeah I messed up, wrong choice of words. NCF was right for calling me out on it. I am worried though that he might have trouble staying healthy. That is why I posted what I posted. The "Glass" comment was too much. I was trying to be funny but it backfired. :Nuke:

• Like 1