Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Flowers

Yeah I thought about waiting for him to be cut but wanted more insurance we could sign him.  We cut or traded few players in the past because they didn't work out for us but is doing well on another team...never know we may get lucky...lol

Bear in mind how bad the NY Giants offensive line is right now.....and they still are likely to cut him.

I think that answers your question.

Between Smith, Good and Clark we should have a decent right side of the line as long as 2 from 3 stay healthy.

I also believe Doyle being back will help the line too as he can line up on the right side to help if required as our best blocking TE.

Hate to break it to people who believe everyone available for trade should come to the Colts.

The Colts are staying put. No Colts picks will be traded for anyone. They are perfectly fine with playing below average this season. Ballard and Co. are planning for next year already.

• Like 2

If he gets cut, Id absolutely like them to take a look. I wouldnt trade for him.

A change of scenery works wonders sometimes. You see it over and over again, every single year.

Hes still very young, and is clearly talented. Thats exactly what we should be looking for.

And Im sorry, but Good has been very inconsistent and Clark hasnt been much better. No way we should feel content with those guys until they show some more consistency. Competition is a good thing and bringing in Flowers would certainly send a message and hopefully bring out the best in them.

37 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Sign him if you want your QB to be pressured every snap or linemen to be in your face. I would stay far away from him, he is not that good whatsoever.

I have not seen him play, do you think a move to guard would be good for him?  From the scouting reports I've read he seems to have issues with his feet and balance in space but those issues become less of a negative if he's inside at guard.

49 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I have not seen him play, do you think a move to guard would be good for him?  From the scouting reports I've read he seems to have issues with his feet and balance in space but those issues become less of a negative if he's inside at guard.

I don't know. I am sure the Giants considered it at some point in time. I ran into a couple of articles that talked about it:

https://nygiantsrush.com/ny-giants/ny-giants-offensive-line-shuffle-flowers-to-guard/

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Board/103168/Contents/What-to-do-with-Ereck-Flowers-54395262/

The second one suggests that he does not trust technique, and moving the position only moves the problem elsewhere. The article that person quotes in the second link does not exist anymore but it has been borne out by the Giants' confidence in him, which is very low. I think we should just pass.

• Like 1