Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two of division rivals lose

Stephen

I admire your optimism good sir!

Some aspects of this team have me encouraged, but others are much worse than I imagined.

If this team wins more than 6 games, I will be shocked.

The good:

- Luck is way better than virtually everyone (including me) thought he would be.

- Leonard is the real deal.

- Turay is showing development.

- Nelson is performing as expected.

- Hines is becoming a match-up nightmare when lined up as a WR.

- T.Y. Hilton continues to ball out.

The bad:

- WR corps is one of the worst in the NFL.  Not the worst.  But one of the worst.

- Safety play is much worse than I imagined it would be.  Farley deserves a look back there.

- The pass rush disappeared in NE.

- This team does not have high-quality, or even "above average" starters at OT when AC is out.

- Related to the point about the OT position, this team is missing critical depth at key positions like CB and LB.

The ugly:

- Injuries.

- Injuries.

- Injuries.

- The Colts' strength and conditioning program is underwhelming.  When I see several guys go out with the same types of injuries (e.g., hamstrings), that starts to raise the red flags for me.

The technology and methodology exists in the S&C world to analyze different players' biological/physiological weaknesses and to customize training programs that will strengthen these weak areas (for not only performance gains but for injury prevention purposes).

There's almost nothing you can do to avoid contact-related injuries, but muscle strains and pulls are an entirely different story.  The amount of muscle strains and pulls is truly unacceptable for an NFL franchise.

• Like 2

And after the dust settles from week 5, the colts are amung the worst teams in the NFL. After watching the bills, and browns squeek out wins against better competition. I'm sitting here bitter... And yet we're on the road again. To face the Jets who somehow did what they did today. I mean Geezuz. Sam Darnold had 10 freaking completions and they completely knocked the pants off the Broncos

I'm sorry all. Feel free to slape out ofy funk..

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

And after the dust settles from week 5, the colts are amung the worst teams in the NFL. After watching the bills, and browns squeek out wins against better competition. I'm sitting here bitter... And yet we're on the road again. To face the Jets who somehow did what they did today. I mean Geezuz. Sam Darnold had 10 freaking completions and they completely knocked the pants off the Broncos

I'm sorry all. Feel free to slape out ofy funk..

Maybe we can shock the world and squeek out a win over the Jets :thmup:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

if we lose to the jets. We will prob pick in the top five. Cards will prob pick first

Or the Giants. Even when they’re good they loose. But the Jets are the swing game this year. They look like a middle of the pack team. If we beat them we’re a 7-9 team. If we lose then we are definitely picking top 10 in the draft and aren’t making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Or the Giants. Even when they’re good they loose. But the Jets are the swing game this year. They look like a middle of the pack team. If we beat them we’re a 7-9 team. If we lose then we are definitely picking top 10 in the draft and aren’t making the playoffs.

the next three games honestly

Happy if we win , not too upset if we lose. 

This season was about Luck's return to form, getting our young players experience, and establishing a new culture with a totally different coaching staff. 

Overall, despite our record , I'm really pleased.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Actually I’d say the 49ers will be destined for the top pick. They lost their star QB, and also lost one of their running backs. They are about to lose to the Cardinals.

Call me am optimist but I c a better future for the Colts than the Ttians and Jags.  I think Mariota is wat t he is and Bortles is not a starting qb. God he isn't even a good back up. I beleive this is Mariotas year to show if he is a legit qb.  I was never high on   him .  Watson is still learning but I am not a great fan of him and thought he was over drafted.  I could b wrong on all 3 but I will stick with my evaluations. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Call me am optimist but I c a better future for the Colts than the Ttians and Jags.  I think Mariota is wat t he is and Bortles is not a starting qb. God he isn't even a good back up. I beleive this is Mariotas year to show if he is a legit qb.  I was never high on   him .  Watson is still learning but I am not a great fan of him and thought he was over drafted.  I could b wrong on all 3 but I will stick with my evaluations. 

I think we win the division

We shall c if we win the division. It would b great  if we won but  I am thinking more long term.  I know I should  not say this but........!  I hope we play tough all year, but not to finish with a great record.   A draft like last year and high picks next year,can set us up for years  to come.  I think that is what hurt Luck in the first years.  We finished with a lots of wins.  However, we were a bad team and didn't stock our shelves with high picks. We instead went with aged free agents because we thought we could win the super bowl on  Luck's rookie  contract.  If we ride on  Luck's coat tails again this  year, I fear we draft late and don't have a chance to get those impact players that we need.  Hope I am making sense!?!?!?! And yes Grigson and Pagano sucked. 

That #1 D in Jacksonville looked like a fraud. 

Mariotta isn't reliable in terms of consistency.

Watson the jury is still out on.

Would be funny if we win the division.

Still early in the season, we don't know who will fall off yet.

I thought Ramsey getting absolutely abused by Hill was great. Watched a couple drives where he was giving 15 yards of old school Colts cushion and still couldn't cover that guy.