Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Haason Reddick on Trade Block from AZ - Should we Pursue?

I always wonder about mid-season "gifts" of draft picks that dont cost the team, much in salary cap.

There was a RB from Cleveland that we jumped on....... for a FIRST

If he was a star in waiting.... the Cardinals arent shopping him

If he can be had for a 5th or 6th...... MAYBE 

I say PASS

If you can get Reddick for cheap...definitely. Since when are the Colts in position to stick their noses up at talented players. At the least, he is depth...but he could be a hybrid S/LB that plays on nickel.

For all we know, AZ is a dumpster fire right now...and Reddick is a prime change of scenary guy. If not, then he gets released. It's all about the price for me. Obviously, if there are locker room issues there...Ballard would know better than us.

8 hours ago, KB said:

Could be a SAM. Cant be much worse than Goode

Not sure you realize Goode only plays about 5 regular snaps a game.

More obviously when Leonard is out...    but he mostly plays special teams.

When healthy, Leonard plays 100 percent of the snaps.    Walker about 45-50 percent.   And other guys maybe about a tiny handful of snaps.....       We mostly play 5 and 6 DB formations.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure you realize Goode only plays about 5 regular snaps a game.

More obviously when Leonard is out...    but he mostly plays special teams.

When healthy, Leonard plays 100 percent of the snaps.    Walker about 45-50 percent.   And other guys maybe about a tiny handful of snaps.....       We mostly play 5 and 6 DB formations.

I think Reddick can kick down to DE on passing downs. Something which no SAM on this team can do right now. Plus he's good in coverage so we could maybe make some use in other packages. Not sure if we make any moves though. Trade would probably involve draft pick or something Ballard isn't willing to do. I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

Can either play Safety?  That's where we need the upgrade.

Bucannon can, that is what we should get him for, due to Geathers' ability to stay healthy, he is more of a box safety that is also good for blitzing. 

We should definitely look into grabbing Reddick and Bucannon.

Those are two good players, I think Ballard should be able to finesse them for a cheap, like BB does to the entire league.

I wouldn't get my hopes up tho, I think Ballard is content with grinding out this season and sticking to the draft and FA. 

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Reddick can kick down to DE on passing downs. Something which no SAM on this team can do right now. Plus he's good in coverage so we could maybe make some use in other packages. Not sure if we make any moves though. Trade would probably involve draft pick or something Ballard isn't willing to do. I could be wrong.

I love Reddick...   was hot for him when he came out...   I’m surprised if it’s true they’re shopping him.    He’s still on a rookie contract.   Also surprised about Buchanon.

I’d be interested in both if them, but only up to a point.  I’ll believe this rumor when there is more to it.

8 hours ago, krunk said:

This is what I was thinking.  We could have some really versatile packages if he can play DE.  That could be a big if though. 

I love it wen people jump on a name.  Arizona is a bad team and essentially rebuilding like us .   Yet ,they r willing to part with Reddick and Bucannon.  Doesn't that make your spidey senses tingle? Riddick is young and it appears they have given up on him.  He was a combine workout warrior who's measureables didn't translate to the football field.  Bucannon is light for a linebacker and is a fit in a specific  defense.   I don't want my linebacker that light.  It makes me cringe and brings back flash backs of the Dungy cover 2 D.  Tennessee and Titans will run all over  us.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Bucannon is light for a linebacker and is a fit in a specific  defense.   I don't want my linebacker that light.  It makes me cringe and brings back flash backs of the Dungy cover 2 D.  Tennessee and Titans will run all over  us.

he could be a safety here, but i dont know what a good trade would be.  

Yea, but he has to learn a new position.  If u need a safety just go out and get one.   I would honestly take a chance on Earl Thomas next year if he is healthy.   I know he will probably go to the cowboys.  Neat to have Thomas and Booked  in the back end.  Same type of safeties but we r in a pass happy era

Meant to say Hooker and Thomas in my last post

I'd give Reddick a hard look. He brings the same athleticism/skill set that Leonard does. While Walker has been good for us, he's not exactly irreplaceable, and his durability hasn't exactly been stellar either. I don't see anything wrong with looking at another rangy LB our squad.