Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is doing better than I thought.

Trace Pyott

I was really down on the offense play calling after  all those short passes during the first few games  especially after our second loss but statistically luck is doing pretty dang good and if you factor in his rustiness he’s doing great. I see him ending the year with 4200 yards 31 td and 16 int. Do you guys think he’s knocked most of the rust off?   The reason I made this is because I’ve heard a lot of people saying luck sucks and he is still injured and will never be right again but I think he’s getting close to being back to form. When he does he’s gonna be something to watch. That is if this duct taped offensive line can keep him alive that long. 

• Like 1

He's fine.  It's going to take him this year to get back to being himself.  I still think there are times where he is second-guessing himself a little and by the end of the year that should be gone.  Next year is when you will see him break some records IMHO.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

He's fine.  It's going to take him this year to get back to being himself.  I still think there are times where he is second-guessing himself a little and by the end of the year that should be gone.  Next year is when you will see him break some records IMHO.

Yea got to add more play makers on offense

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Calmack said:

He is going to plateau evetually. Id say 35 TDs is reasonable. And still very good. 

Why? Odds are he will get some starters back, and build more chemistry with the newers guys. We have 1 more home game, I like our schedule now, he is knocking off the rust, his confidence is growing and our play calling will surely improve. I say he beats 40. All purely conjecture of course. What is your rationale for a slight slowdown?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Why? Odds are he will get some starters back, and build more chemistry with the newers guys. We have 1 more home game, I like our schedule now, he is knocking off the rust, his confidence is growing and our play calling will surely improve. I say he beats 40. All purely conjecture of course. What is your rationale for a slight slowdown?

Because your previous comment made it sound like he can continue improving perpetually, which I really don't see given that he's already pretty damn good. He'll still improve for a few more weeks. 35 TDs is a really good number. Nothing wrong with that stat. 

40 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If he has some 4 and 5 td games there is a shot at 40 but with these wrs idk

Exactly.  He’s capable of throwing them but someone has to be able to catch them. 

I dont know what that bomb to Rogers looked like on tv but it was sickening live. 

13 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Cut down on the ints. I don’t care what anyone says they’re ugly. Other than those he’s fine. Go ahead and crucify me

No one will crucify you, he absolutely does. But you have to admit two of the 5 picks arent his fault at all.

12 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

I was really down on the offense play calling after  all those short passes during the first few games  especially after our second loss but statistically luck is doing pretty dang good and if you factor in his rustiness he’s doing great. I see him ending the year with 4200 yards 31 td and 16 int. Do you guys think he’s knocked most of the rust off?   The reason I made this is because I’ve heard a lot of people saying luck sucks and he is still injured and will never be right again but I think he’s getting close to being back to form. When he does he’s gonna be something to watch. That is if this duct taped offensive line can keep him alive that long. 

He’s got to get some much better receivers first

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Cut down on the ints. I don’t care what anyone says they’re ugly. Other than those he’s fine. Go ahead and crucify me

Well, if he had any receiver that could create separation he wouldn't have to constantly throw into tight coverage. Also, would help if his guys didn't toss the ball to the defender haha (cut Pascal).

With that said, he does occasionally throw a boneheaded one, but again a lot of that is the pressure he puts on himself due to the lack of support.

16 hours ago, Savage21 said:

Honestly, I think this is the best Andrew Luck I've ever seen, especially as a Colt.

This.  I know alot of people were claiming him to be the next great before injury but I didn't see it. 

I now do.... He has learned to play the game.  He just needs accept what the defense gives him a little more often but his reads are quickly getting better (as the rust comes off) and his throwing has become so much more effecient.  In both throwing motion and reads. 

19 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

1.   No one says Luck sucks.

2.  No one says he still injured.   People like me say his arm strength is not all the way back.   That’s differentbfrom being injured.

3.   Who says he’ll never be right again?

All things considered...   Luck is doing pretty well.   He’ll do better in time as his arm gets stronger.    The new offense we are running designed to get the ball out his hands sooner is helping  greatly.    The line doesn’t have to block as long, that’s helpful.

34 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Luck's a Gunslinger... This generations Brett Favre!

(But sadly I think he will be a ONE time Super Bowl Winner like Favre also)

Nothing wrong with winning "only" one super bowl.    Lots of great players never won any.   I'll be happy if luck can win "only" one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Nothing wrong with winning "only" one super bowl.    Lots of great players never won any.   I'll be happy if luck can win "only" one

I agree, you just need 1 to be put in all these greatest ever discussions when being compared to other Elite QB's. After Peyton won 1, I wanted more but was ok that we at least won one with him. Jim Kelly and the Bills and Dan Marino wish they had 1. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

1.   No one says Luck sucks.

2.  No one says he still injured.   People like me say his arm strength is not all the way back.   That’s differentbfrom being injured.

3.   Who says he’ll never be right again?

All things considered...   Luck is doing pretty well.   He’ll do better in time as his arm gets stronger.    The new offense we are running designed to get the ball out his hands sooner is helping  greatly.    The line doesn’t have to block as long, that’s helpful.

Some of the people I have talked to and I’ve seen it on these boards people saying luck is over rated and not that great and he could be the next chad Pennington . Especially after jacoby threw the Hail Mary. Why would I make that up lol?  Granted those people aren’t the brightest and may be a minority  but I still have heard it especially if you talk to people who aren’t colts fans. A lot of people hate luck for whatever reason and want to see him fail because they see us as spoiled having manning and then luck and then you add in the suck for luck thing and some people are just bitter I guess. 

36 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Say that again....

….If you win one, you are a 'made man'......there's no such criticism as 'only one' Super Bowl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I think that when you've thrown 1,491 yards and 12 TDs in 5 games and completed 66% of your passes...5 interceptions just isn't a high total .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Some of the people I have talked to and I’ve seen it on these boards people saying luck is over rated and not that great and he could be the next chad Pennington . Especially after jacoby threw the Hail Mary. Why would I make that up lol?  Granted those people aren’t the brightest and may be a minority  but I still have heard it especially if you talk to people who aren’t colts fans. A lot of people hate luck for whatever reason and want to see him fail because they see us as spoiled having manning and then luck and then you add in the suck for luck thing and some people are just bitter I guess. 

Are you talking about members of this website?     Regular posters?    Who here HATES Luck?    

Or are you talking about friends you hang with?

As for Chad Pennington...   I’m the guy who drops that name.   But that’s only to describe Luck so far this season.   Luck’s arm should get stronger.   Perhaps this season, but certainly by next year.    Whatever Luck is today he should be better tomorrow and beyond.

I

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are you talking about members of this website?     Regular posters?    Who here HATES Luck?    

Or are you talking about friends you hang with?

As for Chad Pennington...   I’m the guy who drops that name.   But that’s only to describe Luck so far this season.   Luck’s arm should get stronger.   Perhaps this season, but certainly by next year.    Whatever Luck is today he should be better tomorrow and beyond.

Yah I have seen a few people on here post stuff ...(I’m not talking the majority here I’m just saying it’s been brought up a few times). I’ve also heard it from people around town when the colts get brought up. I live in Evansville not Indy so some of the people aren’t as invested and probably don’t know as much as people on here do. But yah I just think the people who say that stuff would be surprised if they actually looked at his stats. 

Luck is doing work, and is performing a lot better than many expected him to.

His YPA during the first three games did concern me, but I think he's going to keep progressing throughout the season. I expect a late season surge in his play, and I think next season he will return to elite form. I will say that I think his receivers need to step it up though, he can't do it on his own.

7 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

My point exactly.... 1000% more Super Bowl's than Marino, Rivers or Fouts.  He will win but we gotta be patient.  I will be Happy as a Colts Fan and a fan of Luck!