DarkSuperman

WHAT I SAW TONIGHT

Recommended Posts

I like your passion, if slightly over the top. No matter how good Luck is, he needs WR's that can catch. This is quickky becoming a major issue. Keep up the positivity!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

I like your passion, if slightly over the top. No matter how good Luck is, he needs WR's that can catch. This is quickky becoming a major issue. Keep up the positivity!

The drops are killing us right now for sure. Guys are gonna drop passes, but these are plays we need to make. I need to see more consistency from someone not named TY Hilton. Rogers is killing me this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had your optimism. To me it seems like it’s always something with this team. We get a good player off the injury list and another one goes down, the offense is great, so  we are all like, “wait until next year when the defense is better!” and then it’s the exact opposite, the defense is good but the offense is awful.  Right now I think we desperately need another good Wr along with a good tackle and a few other holes to plug. I think we are heading in the right direction it’s just painful right now. It would almost be easier if we just totally sucked but we are so close ....we do enough to give you hope only to have your heart ripped out of your chest. But like they say, “it’s always darkest before the light” ,and right now it’s pretty freaking dark!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

we do enough to give you hope only to have your heart ripped out of your chest.

Week 1 :driving down. picks up a 1st down and fumble 6

Week 3: Andrew Slips in the rain on 4th down

Week 4: "We aren't going to tie" So we lose instead in the last secs.

Week 5: We should just lay down. No, lets come back and then not play a pop up ball correctly.

 

Oh well, now sit back and listen to the greatness of Brady all day..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a team that has fight...........

 

Fight is the first step toward a winning season

 

I like it......

 

 

 

Of course if you only have 3 of your teeth healthy its tough to chew your food, not matter how hard you chew..........

 

This is an understaffed MASH unit.......  doing the best it can....... today that's good enough for me as i can see progression and improvement in most areas

 

I think you leave our short-armed RT as it was last night.........  he seemed to do well

 

Lastly.........  Luck had even more zip on the ball last night....... I think he is BACK!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You give luck and the colts offense a calvin johnson type reciever, my gosh would we be dynamic. I'm not really sold on needing a running back, the only reason why we can't run the ball right now is because defenses don't fear our passing attack. You get a big bodied deep threat to pair next to hilton, and watch this offense blossom 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Savage21 said:

The drops are killing us right now for sure. Guys are gonna drop passes, but these are plays we need to make. I need to see more consistency from someone not named TY Hilton. Rogers is killing me this year.

These drops are killing me right now these WR cant catch a cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do respect the positivity that some of our fans seem to find in decisive losses. We weren't this positive when we were a genuine borderline play off team even without Luck.

 

I saw us get outplayed in a 2 score loss with Luck once again having to throw the ball too many times and a team who gave up 34+ points for the third time already this season. 

 

Luck played well. He looks like he's shaking off the rust. Other than that I didn't see many positives at all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first thought after seeing all the listed starters not playing was that we should sit Luck and put Jacoby in.  Why risk him in a no win situation.  Then he gets pancaked in our first possession!  But then the second half of the game happened and proved to me that if we could just field a healthy team Luck would find a way to win!  Watching him play is an incredible experience 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Savage21 said:

Tonight I watched the Colts drop to 1-4 but even after taking another loss to the Patriots, I came away from the game happier and a lot more positive than I normally would after suffering a loss.

 

Andrew Luck is phenomenal. Tom Brady's team won the game tonight, but Andrew Luck was not only the better Quarterback tonight, I believe he's all around better than Brady right now, period.

 

Tom Brady's team was actually able to run the ball and he's been playing in the same system for nearly his entire career. He's always had the same head coach, and he's still surrounded by guys he's played years with, and was playing at home. Tom Brady basically had all day and night to throw the ball unlike Andrew Luck.

 

The Colts couldn't run the ball and were playing from behind the entire game. Andrew Luck was forced to drop back and throw the ball 59 times! and completed 38 of them. There were countless balls dropped tonight that should've been easy catches which killed scoring drives. Luck's second interception was all on Pascal, not Luck. Despite not having his starting LT,RT,RB,TE, and WR. Andrew Luck looked flawless out there tonight and kept the Colts alive in every game this season.

 

When Andrew Luck gets to play with a healthy offense and gains more experience in Reich's offense as they continue to build around him, I believe our offense can be special in another year or two if everything falls into place. Frank Reich and Andrew Luck is the perfect marriage and thank you Chris Ballard AND Josh McDaniels for allowing Luck to finally get the coach he deserves.

 

Matt Eberlus, are you even human? I have no idea how Eberlus was able to take a handful of rookies, free agent signings, who are playing together for the first time, as well as introducing a completely different scheme into the fold, and be this competitive during games? This guy literally makes the correct adjustments during the game and literally has this defense balling right now. Could you imagine what this guy is capable of once he's able to bring in more talent while continuing to grow the guys we already have here. If he's able to get this much production out of this group, could you imagine what he'd do if the Colts drafted some monsters or even a few free agents? I noticed that every single person on this defense gives a 110% on every single play. I love how these guys are playing together and as one. I'm starting to understand this whole Horseshoe guy philosophy Chris Ballard's been preaching about. These guys all seem to be very mature and all about the team. There's no negative distractions that I was able to see and everyone seems to have each other's backs on every single play.

 

People who don't think coaching is that important should look at the past seven years here in Indianapolis. You can have all the talent in the world, but guys like Frank Reich and Matt Eberlus know how to make proper adjustments while putting our guys in position to make plays on every single down. Look at Eric Ebron for example and the way he was able to create havoc and manipulate the Patriot's defense. Everyone talks about Gronkowski, but Eric Ebron was the best TE on the field tonight and he's the Colts number two option behind Jack Doyle who didn't play.

 

I seriously love the direction this team is headed in and truly believe the Colts will make the playoffs in 2019. I believe another year after that they can easily be a top 5 football team and win it all, as long as they have a healthy Andrew Luck and continue to build around him.

 

Tonight was the last time the Patriots are beating Andrew Luck for a very long time.

 

Sorry for the rant, but I'm feeling a lot of positive vibes and wanted to share them with you all.

 

#ColtsNation

 

 

 

 

 

Luck was VERY good last night, but he wasn’t better than Brady who only missed 10 passes... 3 drops and two gift INT from Gronk and Hogan to the Colts.  (So basically 5 missed throws all game) 

 

i think Luck has a great career ahead of him as long as that O line doesn’t get him killed back there!  Between the drops and Luck running for his life the fact that he (Luck) never lost focus or his temper was AMAZING!  

 

But slow the role saying he is BETTER than Brady right now. I think even the man himself tell you that.. I will say he will be in the top 5 in the NFL if the Colts invest more in the line and maybe not drop the ball like 10 times a game..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Savage21 said:

The drops are killing us right now for sure. Guys are gonna drop passes, but these are plays we need to make. I need to see more consistency from someone not named TY Hilton. Rogers is killing me this year.

Chester didn't have a good night. It was kinda hard to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JustAColtsFan said:

Sorry need to change my tag line lol

You could change it to "uh, uh, you know, uh, uh, iron sharpens, uh, you know, iron".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody that didn't come away from last night game with a sense of pride and optimism of years to come for this Colts team well I'm sorry for you.

 

Yes there is need at some positions but the heart of the team was impressive especially with 8 starters out.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Luck was VERY good last night, but he wasn’t better than Brady who only missed 10 passes... 3 drops and two gift INT from Gronk and Hogan to the Colts.  (So basically 5 missed throws all game) 

 

i think Luck has a great career ahead of him as long as that O line doesn’t get him killed back there!  Between the drops and Luck running for his life the fact that he (Luck) never lost focus or his temper was AMAZING!  

 

But slow the role saying he is BETTER than Brady right now. I think even the man himself tell you that.. I will say he will be in the top 5 in the NFL if the Colts invest more in the line and maybe not drop the ball like 10 times a game..

I think was better if not for all the drops

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

considering most on here were predicting a blow out, to even have a shot at it in the 4th, being down 12-13 guys, most of them starters, I think that shows something we've not seen here in a while, a refuse to quite attitude

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Luck was VERY good last night, but he wasn’t better than Brady who only missed 10 passes... 3 drops and two gift INT from Gronk and Hogan to the Colts.  (So basically 5 missed throws all game) 

 

True, your guys run college routes. Nobody within 3 yards of your WR's every season.. lol how?! Even on Brady's 2 "int" guys in white aren't even near them. That's one thing I've always notices about Patriots teams. I looked at the throws Andrew was making and there's just no room for RAC..ever lol cept that one WIDE open Ebron play. But the Pats live off of it. Is that that scheme or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guys kept fighting all night and without our defensive leader out there (Leonard) they still battled. Look at all the guys that played on defense last night with one injury after another. We only had 44 players active last night including Castanzo but he didn't play either. Pretty amazing this team got within 7 at the end of the third quarter. I was very impressed with a lot of no name guys making plays, In the end it was just too much, the Pats offense is just too good for our depleted defense. Paschal should have caught that ball but he was twisted by the defender and it was a freak play. The Gordon TD should have have happened if two Colts just look up instead of looking lost.  We picked off Brady twice and we moved the ball pretty well once Luck got rolling, the numerous drops made it harder but Lucks arm looked good tonight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the Pats dominance as of the last few years over the Colts is very quickly coming to an end as early as next season. 

 

Luck should continue to get stronger and progress, and Ballard will hopefully add some key free agents with all the money he has to spend, as well as adding some more key draft prospects since they will probably be picking top 15. 

 

The biggest key going forward is keeping this team HEALTHY! They always seem to play New England as of late when they are banged up which doesn't allow for a true indicator of how they measure up against them. 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I want to play them again damn it!

 

Same here! Except I want us to be fully healthy. If they were last night, this game would have been completely different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

True, your guys run college routes. Nobody within 3 yards of your WR's every season.. lol how?! Even on Brady's 2 "int" guys in white aren't even near them. That's one thing I've always notices about Patriots teams. I looked at the throws Andrew was making and there's just no room for RAC..ever lol cept that one WIDE open Ebron play. But the Pats live off of it. Is that that scheme or what?

I honestly don’t know.. maybe just good coaching and knowing how read D??

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I think was better if not for all the drops

Fair enough.. all a matter of opinion anyways.. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Savage21 said:

The drops are killing us right now for sure. Guys are gonna drop passes, but these are plays we need to make. I need to see more consistency from someone not named TY Hilton. Rogers is killing me this year.

We're definitely seeing why Ebron was let go from Detroit.  Tremendous talent, but if you cant' hold on to the football...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of butthurt Lions fans on twitter.giphy.gif

 

(Yes, I know Ebron has his issues. I’m glad he’s finding more success here though.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a QB who has worked himself back to being one of the best in the league.  But unfortunately he has to throw to below average receivers, save one who didn't play,  and because he has no run game that any team has to game plan for.   I am just hoping he and his arm can survive the entire season dropping back and throwing 50-60 times a game.   Looking more and more like another year lost for Andrew Luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

I really do respect the positivity that some of our fans seem to find in decisive losses. We weren't this positive when we were a genuine borderline play off team even without Luck.

 

I saw us get outplayed in a 2 score loss with Luck once again having to throw the ball too many times and a team who gave up 34+ points for the third time already this season. 

 

Luck played well. He looks like he's shaking off the rust. Other than that I didn't see many positives at all. 

A few positives

 

The OL generally kept Luck clean........  

Swope had a decent night

Our short armed tackle, actually had a good night

Our minature RB continues to improve, and had a decent night

(I was wrong on him in the preseason)

Luck looked STRONG

 

Other than that, not much else..... so I mostly agree with you

 

Do I choose to get really upset when our two best LBs are out ?

When our number one WR, TE, LT are out?

When I realize that we STUNK in drafting for 5 years, so our talent isnt that great

 

 

There were some good things.......  Its a balance

 

good and bad

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We're definitely seeing why Ebron was let go from Detroit.  Tremendous talent, but if you cant' hold on to the football...

 

Didnt he have one drop?

 

9 catches. 105 yards. 2 touchdowns....and one drop that was on a screen pass/dump off asking Ebron to break 1764 tackles on 3rd down to gain 10+ yards?

 

Id cut him too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We're definitely seeing why Ebron was let go from Detroit.  Tremendous talent, but if you cant' hold on to the football...

He’s had one or two drops all season.  He’s had at least one TD in every game I believe.  He’s quickly becoming Lucks favorite target.  If anything I am questioning why the Lions let him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s had one or two drops all season.  He’s had at least one TD in every game I believe.  He’s quickly becoming Lucks favorite target.  If anything I am questioning why the Lions let him go.

 

12 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

 

Didnt he have one drop?

 

9 catches. 105 yards. 2 touchdowns....and one drop that was on a screen pass/dump off asking Ebron to break 1764 tackles on 3rd down to gain 10+ yards?

 

Id cut him too. 

He's had at least 3 drops.  That makes him the TE with the most drops in the NFL. That's about a 10% drop rate.   That's a percentage that puts him in the "liability" category.  Being the TE with the most drops in the league at your position is not something to shrug at.  I mean, look it up for yourself.  Stats can be found on playerprofiler.com.  These stats don't even include last nights game.

 

I'm not saying Ebron shouldn't be on this team.  So I'm not sure why @Mitch Connors seems to think just because I say he drops a lot of passes he should be cut.  Maybe you were reading someone else's comments because it couldn't have been anything I said.  

 

All I'm trying to say is that for all the talent he's got, all the positive he does, is severely negated when he drops passes.  Against Philly he should've probably come down with a TD.  The one last night ended up being, in all likelyhood, inconsequential, but we'll never know because he didn't pull it in.  It's a problem and unless he fixes it, it will be why he will never be "the guy."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the style of play from our offense.    Luck is on pace to shatter the NFL record for attempts in a season.   Lucks on pace for 784, Stafford has the record with 727.

 

He's also on pace for the completions record.  

 

image.thumb.png.dac3ce4669f78a1e87070bf2fda40766.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Brady keeps playing. I want the colts to get at least one more, good game, win against him. 

 

Once he is gone, even though they have BB, I would like for us to stomp them for a couple seasons. We should have a competitive team by then I hope lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

 

He's had at least 3 drops.  That makes him the TE with the most drops in the NFL. That's about a 10% drop rate.   That's a percentage that puts him in the "liability" category.  Being the TE with the most drops in the league at your position is not something to shrug at.  I mean, look it up for yourself.  Stats can be found on playerprofiler.com.  These stats don't even include last nights game.

 

I'm not saying Ebron shouldn't be on this team.  So I'm not sure why @Mitch Connors seems to think just because I say he drops a lot of passes he should be cut.  Maybe you were reading someone else's comments because it couldn't have been anything I said.  

 

All I'm trying to say is that for all the talent he's got, all the positive he does, is severely negated when he drops passes.  Against Philly he should've probably come down with a TD.  The one last night ended up being, in all likelyhood, inconsequential, but we'll never know because he didn't pull it in.  It's a problem and unless he fixes it, it will be why he will never be "the guy."

I can live with three drops if he’s got five TDS through five games which has already tied his career high for a season and matched Jack Doyle’s career high for a season and is the most any Colts tightend has had since Flenner and Allen each had 8 in 2014.  Before that you have to go back to Clark in 2010 to have more and the season is barely a quarter of the way over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I can live with three drops if he’s got five TDS through five games which has already tied his career high for a season and matched Jack Doyle’s career high for a season.

The point is, he could've had more or could have extended drives that led to touchdowns or even FGs and help us win up to 3 of the games we lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The point is, he could've had more or could have extended drives that led to touchdowns or even FGs and help us win up to 3 of the games we lost.

You can say that about any player on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You can say that about any player on the team.

Yeah, you can.  And it's a lot easier thing to say when we're not going to win any super bowls this year.  But if the Colts were playing in the super bowl and he dropped crucial pass, you'd be singing a different tune.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • No doubt....   Butler makes plenty of NFL-level catches.   I've seen several of his tapes and they're full of them.   That's why I fell in love with him.   But those are his high-lite tapes.    I'd love someone to put together a montage of his drops.   Let's see the worst of him.     Zierlein made reference of "drop after drop after drop."     But I had no idea it was at 16%.   Yikes!   I know Ballard and Reich aren't afraid of some drops....   but at some point,  one would think they would no longer be acceptable?    
    • Goodness graciouis....   this poster has no idea that he contridicted himself between the first sentence and the last sentence.   First,  the concept of non-elite corners comes from Ballard.   It's just the posters who are repeating it over and over to those who continue to want to spend a first round pick on one.   And then,  you note in your last sentence that good zone corners can be found in later rounds.   Thanks for proving Ballard's point....   even though that was never your intention.    
    • Yeah... I'm on the record that I think drops are overrated by fans but 16%(if true) is truly worrying stat. I honestly haven't seen his hands being a problem on tape. He had some concentration drops, but he does well attacking the football, high pointing it, catching it away from his body. 16% though... wow! I guess I have to rewatch his games. That's like every 6th pass should be a drop.    About Mitchell... I have no idea how to evaluate those things, that's why I'm resigning myself to just watching the tape and leaving the intel to the people with the resources.    edit: just watched his Texas tape again:     He has one drop at 5:55, but just look at how many great NFL-type catches he had before that. I will keep watching other film, but so far I still think the playmaking ability is great and if I had to have 1 drop every game like this one for performances like this, I'm OK with it. And this is not even a particularly excellent game for him. It's run of the mill 99 yard game where his QB was under pressure and running for his life for most of it. 
    • Lol the o ly thing worse than being hated by the media is being loved by the media. 
    • “CoCorners,,People need to stop preaching this deal about how a 4-3 zone defense doesn’t need elite corners like it’s the gospel. I hear the same narratives over and over again. “good zone corners can be found in the middle rounds, our old 4-3  never had elite corners 
  • Members

    • KB

      KB 356

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • akcolt

      akcolt 2,488

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • neug3246

      neug3246 102

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • hippiejohn

      hippiejohn 21

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 10,338

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 3,809

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Trueman

      Trueman 860

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsLegacy

      ColtsLegacy 3,826

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • boo2202

      boo2202 237

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 18,298

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active: