Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

i'm proud of this team....

Shadow_Creek

Isn’t this kind of a recurring theme though?

It’s really kind of the culture of this team. It seems like for the last 3 years now we’ve been able to walk away from most games and go “we stuck it out and if these 3 plays had gone differently....”

We’re somehow able to always put a positive spin on something, but we rarely have the chance to just outright be proud. 

10 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

In a hostile environment we fought hard. Now yes there were turnovers and many drops however the future is bright and tonight the colts have shown the nation that a new danger is coming soon so stay tune...:thmup:

with the cap space we have and one more good draft we will be in the hunt next year . I think Cane will be ok , 

4 minutes ago, markabrown96 said:

If we can be consistent in all 4 quarters...

Again, something that permeates the culture of this team. It’s really kind of been a thing since the year after we went to the AFCCG. Slow starts, 4th quarter collapses, the offense just dying in the water...

• Like 1

Just now, John Waylon said:

Again, something that permeates the culture of this team. It’s really kind of been a thing since the year after we went to the AFCCG. Slow starts, 4th quarter collapses, the offense just dying in the water...

It's the mindset of a losing organization unfortunately right now.

Just for conversations sake since tonight was a dumpster fire..

Twitter:

@Schultz975

Given that the Colts won’t play the AFC East for another three years, virtually no chance of finishing in the same place in their divisions and Brady’s age, that might have been the last game against Brady/Belichick

11:41 PM · Oct 4, 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IinD said:

It's the mindset of a losing organization unfortunately right now.

I mean, I try not to think of it like that, but yes. That fear has crossed my mind. It’s like that third quarter of the Washington game. We skated through the first half no problems breezy day and then boom. Struggle city. Offense musters 5 yards. 3 and outs every drive...

If it is a thing I hope it can be fixed, but it does seem to manifest itself in creative new ways all the time.

It currently hangs in the air in the form of dropped passes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Twitter:

@Schultz975

Given that the Colts won’t play the AFC East for another three years, virtually no chance of finishing in the same place in their divisions and Brady’s age, that might have been the last game against Brady/Belichick

A moment of silence for the end of that era. 

1 like = 1 prayer

(And before some other boob comes along and doesn’t pick up on it, that last part was sarcasm. :facepalm:)

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Twitter:

@Schultz975

We will see them in the playoffs

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

Agreed on the fight. OL surprised tonight. Wrs had too many drops. Hooker was invisible. Must still be hurt.

The Pats defensive line and pass rush as a whole is in need of help this year. I watched Clark on the left side all night and to be quite honest we owe the refs a card of thanks. There were at least a half a dozen holds by him that weren’t called. 

I’ve been noticing it all season but it seems like Luck has better pocket presence these days. When he steps up into it he just seems more aware of what’s going on and avoiding sticky situations. I think he definitely spent a lot of time studying film of his pocket movement and awareness when he was out. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i feel like if we were completely healthy we would have won this game

In agreement,... kind of. I think if we had 1/2 of our starters that were injured back,..this would have been a different ball game.  Not even picking names...just1/2...randomly.We had so many 3rd stringers out there it was like it was our preseason team Vrs Tom Brady and his full team.  And yet,..we had opportunities.

I will say i had to soldier through to the 3rd quarter after half time...but i wanted to see if Indy could atleast make a game of it.  I was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

Win or lose, always proud of the team.

Oline, best game of the season, much improved.  Defense, players dropping like fly's, that is a concern.  Andrew played well, lot's of dropped balls.  No playoffs this year, but I see us being a real threat next season.  We have some good young players on this team.  We finally have a coaching staff that can actually coach our players, and manage the game.  Enjoying this team this season, and looking forward to Super Bowl run next year.. 

I posted earlier about opening the purse strings, and signing some costly FA, I now agree with everyone who is against that.  We have young talent here that have a very bright future.  

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The Pats defensive line and pass rush as a whole is in need of help this year. I watched Clark on the left side all night and to be quite honest we owe the refs a card of thanks. There were at least a half a dozen holds by him that weren’t called. 

I’ve been noticing it all season but it seems like Luck has better pocket presence these days. When he steps up into it he just seems more aware of what’s going on and avoiding sticky situations. I think he definitely spent a lot of time studying film of his pocket movement and awareness when he was out. 

....I’ve been noticing it all season but it seems like Luck has better pocket presence these days....

Totally agree with this point you made. He seems more aware of what's going on. 

Luck sometimes stood strong a little too long in past years and got himself in harms way maybe a little more then he should.

I think Reich has something to do with it play call wise as well. Chuck and Chud didn't do Andrew any favors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

....I’ve been noticing it all season but it seems like Luck has better pocket presence these days....

Totally agree with this point you made. He seems more aware of what's going on. 

Luck sometimes stood strong a little too long in past years and got himself in harms way maybe a little more then he should.

I think Reich has something to do with it play call wise as well. Chuck and Chud didn't do Andrew any favors.

Reich schemes things up to where andrew can quickly find his check down options. Chud and Chuck didnt give him much to sort through in terms of check down options. Everything was downfield and if that was taken away then all he could do is run or get sacked.

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

Reich schemes things up to where andrew can quickly find his check down options. Chud and Chuck didnt give him much to sort through in terms of check down options. Everything was downfield and if that was taken away then all he could do is run or get sacked.

Agreed, I think Reich will do well by Luck and the O in general when we get a few more upgrades. 

I like the fight and the culture in general that Reich is laying.  You cannot compare this team's "culture" to past teams.  New coaches, new gm, new players.  There is no carry over unless you think Irsay is jinxing the team!  Patience will be needed with this team.  

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

We have been running more longer developing routes the past two weeks, though.  The first three weeks it was nothing but dinking and dunking.  Now it's more a blend of old Luck/new Luck, and that's where it needs to go IMO.  You have to let Luck gun it.  It's what he's good at.

• Like 3

Just now, #12. said:

We have been running more longer developing routes the past two weeks, though.  The first three weeks it was nothing but dinking and dunking.  Now it's more a blend of old Luck/new Luck, and that's where it needs to go IMO.  You have to let Luck gun it.  It's what he's good at 

And look what he has done 2 straight weeks he is a monster he had 2 picks today but 1 was not on him

Just now, krunk said:

And if we could just get more production out of the ground game.

Wilkins is the answer to that but Hines is too valuable in the passing game to take him out Wilkins could avg 75 yards a game easy but idk how I feel about him out of the backfield but nonetheless he is our best runner 

1 hour ago, ColtsAC said:

Agreed on the fight. OL surprised tonight. Wrs had too many drops. Hooker was invisible. Must still be hurt.

Hooker actually led the team in total tackles. He isn’t flashing much rn though. I hope it’s the injury holding him back. 

2 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Wilkins is the answer to that but Hines is too valuable in the passing game to take him out Wilkins could avg 75 yards a game easy but idk how I feel about him out of the backfield but nonetheless he is our best runner 

Wilkins is a Frank Gore type. You have to establish him with multiple carries. Mostly interior and on the edges. We did a little better today, but he needs more consistent carriez.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wilkins is a Frank Gore type. You have to establish him with multiple carries. Mostly interior and on the edges. We did a little better today, but he needs more consistent carriez.

I agree it's just hard when you have Hines that is fast and can catch the ball very well Wilkins could easily be a #1 back him and Hines could be a deadly combo Mack needs to watch out his job isn't safe