Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Again I will say, Ballard is not impressing me

threeflight

So far I have seen him bungle the QB and coach situation last year, have what is turning out to be a TERRIBLE draft last year, do next to  nothing in FA the last 2 years despite having more money than Soros, and now....this years draft is turning out to be middling at best (drafting a guard that early was pointless for example), and he has completely FAILED at helping Luck with offensive help.  

We have a plethora of average RBs, and our Wrs, even with Hilton, are below average.  Due to injuries Luck has Ebron as his # 1 target.

Cmon.

Either he is totally tanking this year, or he has no idea what he is doing.  Either way....I don't like it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

First off,...if we had even 1/2 of the starters that were hurt playing tonight...it's a different ball game.  No team will ever go into foxboro with so many starters injured and walk away with a win...I honestly think we performed admirably tonight considering.

7 minutes ago, threeflight said:

So far I have seen him bungle the QB and coach situation last year, have what is turning out to be a TERRIBLE draft last year, do next to  nothing in FA the last 2 years despite having more money than Soros, and now....this years draft is turning out to be middling at best (drafting a guard that early was pointless for example), and he has completely FAILED at helping Luck with offensive help.  

We have a plethora of average RBs, and our Wrs, even with Hilton, are below average.  Due to injuries Luck has Ebron as his # 1 target.

Cmon.

Either he is totally tanking this year, or he has no idea what he is doing.  Either way....I don't like it.

To the first Bolded...are you just trolling?  Really? Middling at best? We have a DPOY candidate, a RB whom has been a serious weapon out of the backfield.  A stud a LG, Another guard who has came in and played RT today(solidly i might add), A DE Who has been coming on as of late.  On, and on and on.

To the second bolded,...you seriously gonna pin injuries on Ballard?....Will you blame your cereal getting soggy this morning on him also?.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Cmon.

Give the man time , I see a lot of improvement , you cant do it all in one year, another good draft and some fa and we will be there 

10 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Cmon.

So far I agree. Not much from Banner, Bashaam, Wilson, Mack.

Can't afford to miss that much when you don't spend in FA.

Still hoping Mack one day can get and stay healthy and produce.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah next season may be my 9-7 to 11-5 season and the way back to being Good again. I am still not giving up on this season yet though. Our schedule is favorable. I love your Avatar by the way, I know what it is :banana:

What can I say, I liked his movies! 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

So far I agree. Not much from Banner, Bashaam, Wilson, Mack.

Can't afford to miss that much when you don't spend in FA.

Still hoping Mack one day can get and stay healthy and produce.

These were pagano players. This years class is far better.

Wins and losses are how GMs are measured.

Sure, we gotta give them time, but Ballard does not have a good W-L record. It needs to improve.

If you’re losing while Andrew Luck is your QB, you haven’t built a good team. Ballard does need to improve the overall talent of the team.

For 2019, we have a ton of cap space and many draft picks. For me, next year is his true test. If he can’t field a winning team next year, then I’d really start to question him.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Two first round picks....early picks.  You have Hooker and Nelson.  Not exactly game changers.

You need game changers to win in the nfl.  Other than Luck....and Hilton, and maybe Leonard down the line, we dont have them.

Last years draft looks worse and worse.  

28 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Cmon.

You seriously need help and need to have your eyes checked.

• Confused 1

If I'm Gm?  I spend money on OL free agents first of all.  That is priority number 1.

I then spend money on a WR. Even with him blowing it last off season by doing nothing other than Grant... I absolutely bring in Gordon for example.  That is a total win/win can't lose situation.  He didn't even make an effort.  Gordon would be huge with Luck.  Instead we have.....no one.

As I have stated many of times in here, give him 1 more Draft and the next Free Agency before we judge the guy. He held off in this last Free Agency regarding spending money, I think he goes all out in the next one. Luck will be awesome next year if he keeps this pace up, Free Agents will come. 

-So far Ballard has nailed the Nelson and Leonard draft picks IMO. Hines looks good to me as well. Ebron was a nice Free Agent pickup too.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Cmon.

:troll:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, threeflight said:

If I'm Gm?  I spend money on OL free agents first of all.  That is priority number 1.

I then spend money on a WR. Even with him blowing it last off season by doing nothing other than Grant... I absolutely bring in Gordon for example.  That is a total win/win can't lose situation.  He didn't even make an effort.  Gordon would be huge with Luck.  Instead we have.....no one.

1- Good offensive linemen do not become free agents

2- The only reason Belichick signed Gordon was the Patriots were desperate to sign any receiver with talent.

3- You are not a GM.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

1- Good offensive linemen do not become free agents

2- The only reason Belichick signed Gordon was the Patriots were desperate to sign any receiver with talent.

3- You are not a GM.

We are not desperate for a receiver with talent???

Luck is on an island out there.

• Like 1

Just now, threeflight said:

We are not desperate for a receiver with talent???

Not for one who hasn't shown the ability to control himself when it comes to smoking weed. He has wasted how many years because he chose pot over the NFL?

He is one negative test from a lifetime ban.

And you want to look at Ballard negative for not signing him?  Just shows why there are only 20 good GMs in the league.

29 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Wins and losses are how GMs are measured.

Sure, we gotta give them time, but Ballard does not have a good W-L record. It needs to improve.

If

you’re losing while Andrew Luck is your QB, you haven’t built a good team. Ballard does need to improve the overall talent of the team.

For 2019, we have a ton of cap space and many draft picks. For me, next year is his true test. If he can’t field a winning team next year, then I’d really start to question him.

I concur.

Ballard is 5-16 so far AND 1-4 with a FRANCHISE QB.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I concur.

Ballard is 5-16 so far AND 1-4 with a FRANCHISE QB.

I don’t know how you can even in the slightest agree with this. Ballard inherited a team with no talent. So what, he shows up year 1 and is expected to go 8-8 or better? That’s absurd. 

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not for one who hasn't shown the ability to control himself when it comes to smoking weed. He has wasted how many years because he chose pot over the NFL?

He is one negative test from a lifetime ban.

And you want to look at Ballard negative for not signing him?  Just shows why there are only 20 good GMs in the league.

Nope nope nope.  If Bellichick and NE can bring a guy, a guy with a huge amount of talent and who flashed that tonight, into the organization?

Then certainly the Colts should not be thumbing their noses at a talent like that.

Consider tonight.  Gordon caught a TD pass that turned the game around, and we had a WR...pascal, who dropped a pass that turned the game around.

REVERSE the situation and we may have won.

That is on Ballard.