Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you cut Swoope again, I'm coming for you!/ Leave Swoope Alone (Merge)

GusFring

17 minutes ago, GusFring said:

Stop playing with this man and give him an opportunity. He flashes whenever he's on the field. 

I am a major Swoope fan as you all know. I love the guy! Never drops the football, he's savvy, fast, reliable and athletic. I think if they gave him his full shot he would show to be a bigger threat than Jack Doyle.

• Thanks 2

That's a promise!

Seriously. None of our receivers can catch. Swoope has done nothing but make plays when he gets the opportunity. Keep the guy around and try and get him the ball. He is a similar athlete to Ebron and he has proven he can make contested catches.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

It’s not Ballard’s fault. Swoope is always injured so Ballard has no choice 

I'm fairly sure none of the times he has been cut this year have been injury related. They've been keeping Hewitt around over him because Hewitt is supposedly a good blocker.

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean it was only 1 play but it may have been enough to land Swoope elsewhere if he gets cut again. :dunno:

I could see a team like the Falcons or Seahawks taking a chance. 

Two plays, brother. And both were extra effort plays that our targets continued to miss all night.

He also had a third contested catch that most other targets on the Colts would have dropped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ballard has said many times that the roster will always be 'fluid'.  He uses P.S. as extra room on the roster for players needed from game to game.  The problem is if some of these players start to break out, he might want to hold them in house or they'll get grabbed up by another team.

No need to cut Swoope. In most games we should be able to go with Swoope, Ebron, and Hewitt. When Doyle gets back you can cut Hewitt and send him to the PS. Doyle used to do some of the stuff Hewitt does. In small situations he can still do that along with being a receiving tight end. Id build a nice chunk of the O around Ebron, Swoope, and Doyle. Then there's TY and Hines. Grant is another one I trust.  I'd get rid of Marcus Johnson and let Fountain get his feet wet. And I'd  cut Paschal for Ishmael.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

No need to cut Swoope. In most games we should be able to go with Swoope, Ebron, and Hewitt. When Doyle gets back you can cut Hewitt and send him to the PS. Doyle used to do some of the stuff Hewitt does. In small situations he can still do that along with being a receiving tight end. Id build a nice chunk of the O around Ebron, Swoope, and Doyle. Then there's TY and Hines. Grant is another one I trust.  I'd get rid of Marcus Johnson and let Fountain get his feet wet. And I'd  cut Paschal for Ishmael.

keep marcus for now. He could be good if he gets chemistry with luck. 

28 minutes ago, Stephen said:

keep marcus for now. He could be good if he gets chemistry with luck. 

Then i suggest cutting Pascal and bringing up Fountain while keeping Rogers. That would give us two decent sized WRs with speed to go along with TY.

Cut....cut.....cut.  That's all people want to do.  My God!!!  Have u  ever worked with a new employee?  They need time.  They screw up and hopefully they  grow as time goes on.  If not then u move on.  U never know wat someone has if u just cut them after a couple of screwcups. Rogers and Pascal could b Moss and Rice by the end of the year. I know....i am joking but I think u get wat I am trying to say.  Give the young players a chance.  U can't develop players if  u keep  benching them and/or replacing them after making a mistake and/or mistakes.  It makes them nervous and they will never grow. Now if they r making mistakes because they r lazy and not putting in the effort and time studying , then u cut them. 

Calmack..... I never said they were good.  I am just trying to b patient and c if any of these young  wide outs develop.  Don't u think these young guys r * at themselves for dropping balls? I know they r by the way they react after dropping one.  I am just not so quick to write them off. Give them sum time. Use this season to evaluate every position on the team.  Won't b pretty but we will find sum players