Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts activate Robert Turbin and many other moves (Merge)

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Basham getting the ax wasnt really surprising with the way Turay has been performing. I am hoping that we get to see some work from Lenzy and Turbo tonight, I really like Lenzy. Im kinda Curious on the Skai Moore elevation. Does this mean that Leonard isn't playing tonight? I pray he is we need that man on the field. 

16 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

What's the IR rules on that? I thought he couldn't come back till like week 9 or so.

I am not sure. Need to look it up.

Just now, cbear said:

Anybody know who's the RT tonight? 

Braden Smith

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MTC said:

Releasing Basham and Muhammed makes me believe that Tyquan Lewis could be back sooner than later. 

:dunno:

I think Carroll Phillips showed them enough burst to keep working with him instead of Basham.  Plus the D Line  coach was Phillips college coach.

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Clark will probably start at RT tonight.  Smith will be the backup.

Releasing Muhammad is a bit surprising... he played 71% of the defensive snaps in week 3.  I guess with Autry coming back, he's a bit more expendable.

And if Lewis comes back later on that's another guy who can play DE.

20 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Releasing Muhammad is a bit surprising... he played 71% of the defensive snaps in week 3.  I guess with Autry coming back, he's a bit more expendable.

CD, so Costanzo back at LT? 

The way they are running the offense, we need another

"Between the tackles" RB besides Wilkins and Turbin

fits that bill.

We only need one scat back in the RB stable and Mack is it

if he can ever stay healthy. Move Hines to the slot when 

everyone gets healthy.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Exactly what I was thinking

I like the idea of Phillips and Turay together.  Gives us a lot better speed off the edge.

Phillips kind of reminded me a little of Whitney Mercilus just on the eye test.

37 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I’m a little surprised too. I thought he did some good things out there

If your plan is to not sign any significant FA's and you want to build via the draft -- it would help if you draft a whole lot better than the Colts did in 2017....not much to show for their 2nd/3rd/4th rd picks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, icf said:

If your plan is to not sign any significant FA's and you want to build via the draft -- it would help if you draft a whole lot better than the Colts did in 2017....not much to show for their 2nd/3rd/4th rd picks.

There’s not much to show for them TODAY.    The jury is still out on Wilson, and Basham (I’m expecting him in the PS next week) and Mack and Stewart.

They may still contribute to the team.

As for Free Agency, Ballard has already said that he will be investing in FA in the future.   I’m not expecting it to happen in 19, but definitely in 20 and beyond.   The lack of free agent signing is a temporary thing, not permanent.

29 minutes ago, icf said:

you are not alone with this opinion...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I'm surprised they gave up on a 3rd. rounder so quick.  Especially since we switched to the 4-3.  I'm not sure he clears waivers. 

I'm not sure this means they won't bring him back..... if someone else grabs him, then Muhammad is still going to be there most likely, if needed

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I'm surprised they gave up on a 3rd. rounder so quick.  Especially since we switched to the 4-3.  I'm not sure he clears waivers. 

There's a lot to evaluate besides what we see in game. Ballard don't play that's for sure. He's been saying your spot is never safe. Either you perform or you're gone. I like it actually.