Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deangelo Hall - FS1

chrisfarley

Colin Cowherd Show just now: He (DH) just said that he wouldn't go into detail and mention certain names but that he knows for a fact that when you start the season with BB, he tells you there are two things you don't mention, one was the Jets (what he called "the team up there from the east"), and the other was the Colts.  Now someone please tell me there is no rivalry there.  He also said that this was before deflategate.  Look, I already knew this (that BB hates us), but New England is going to try to put up a 50 burger on us tonight, and i hope it completely backfires.  I couldn't care less that they beat us 7 in a row or whatever it is, it's on.

• Like 1

lol Why is BB so angry at the Colts even before deflate gate? Are the Colts in his head that much where he can't even say the word Colts? Seems pretty lame. If they are mad about deflate gate, they can blame Grigson. He's with the Seahawks now. Hopefully the Pats lose due to karma for Mc Flake.

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Colts defense is good in sacks but teams pick apart our zone right now. Would love to see that change tonight and have another 6 sack night. I just want to see the offense get on a role and what a team to do it against. 

This could be a perfect game for Hooker to pick a few.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

lol Why is BB so angry at the Colts even before deflate gate? Are the Colts in his head that much where he can't even say the word Colts? Seems pretty lame. If they are mad about deflate gate, they can blame Grigson. He's with the Seahawks now. Hopefully the Pats lose due to karma for Mc Flake.

BB is a perfectionist, and the Colts have made him look silly twice. The 4th and 2 game, and the 2006 AFC championship. Patriots should not have blown that lead, and should have another SB trophy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reidm said:

Try telling that to Ohio State and Michigan fans.

As an Ohio State fan I tell Michigan fans that it isn't really a rivalry when one team keeps beating the other one all the time... they love that, I tells ya!

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

The Colts aren't in his head. He's just an arrogant *.

I think they (NE) orchestrated the McDaniels fiasco. He was never going to be the HC here. Ballard thought he was dealing in good faith...after their previous trades. He probably should have known better...but he does now.

39 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Being so short handed we should just settle this game with trial by combat. Ballard vs. McDaniels at midfield.

I'd settle for those big q-tip things you see on american gladiator, let'em go at it.  I've got ballard either way.

Just because Belichick hates the Colts, assuming that's even true, doesn't mean this is a rivalry. On the field, there is no rivalry. We haven't come close to beating them since 2009. 

There's obvious beef and bad blood, but that doesn't equal a rivalry. 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Colts defense is good in sacks but teams pick apart our zone right now. Would love to see that change tonight and have another 6 sack night. I just want to see the offense get on a role and what a team to do it against. 

I've been saying this for a couple days now but I really think that this could be Hooker's breakout game. In my opinion, he has been playing too far back to actually get involved in plays and be the playmaker that we all know he can be. Remember that one play where he essentially saved a touchdown by barely getting to the path of the ball and deflecting it? He still has the ability but hasn't been close enough to actually do much so far this season. 

Now I think that Frank Reich realizes that we probably aren't gonna win unless we get a few turnovers and make some plays on defense. Cue Malik Hooker. Bring the dude a little closer so that he can potentially mess with Gronk and/or Edelman's routes. 

Every game, there has been a different person on defense that is showing up to play, especially the young guys. It'll be Hooker tonight with atleast an INT and probably atleast a few pass break-ups. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Superman said:

Just because Belichick hates the Colts, assuming that's even true, doesn't mean this is a rivalry. On the field, there is no rivalry. We haven't come close to beating them since 2009. 

There's obvious beef and bad blood, but that doesn't equal a rivalry. 

Did you consider the Colts and Patriots a rivalry from 2005-2009? Reason why I am asking is, we dominated them over a 5 year span in those seasons. We were 5-1 against them, won a SB by going through them and they didn't win a SB in that 5 year span. In the Luck era they are 5-0 against us and Luck has only played 4 full seasons - not much difference there. 

-My point is these 2 teams were a rivalry back in the 80's when they both were in the AFC East. I remember in 1987 the hate these 2 teams had toward one another when we played them and won the Division. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did you consider the Colts and Patriots a rivalry from 2005-2009? Reason why I am asking is, we dominated them over a 5 year span in those seasons. We were 5-1 against them, won a SB by going through them and they didn't win a SB in that 5 year span. In the Luck era they are 5-0 against us and Luck has only played 4 full seasons - not much difference there. 

-My point is these 2 teams were a rivalry back in the 80's when they both were in the AFC East. I remember in 1987 the hate these 2 teams had toward one another when we played them and won the Division. 

We didn't dominate them on the field. We beat them four out of five (by my count, not five out of six), but the majority of those games were close (I think there was one two score win in 2005, the rest were nail biters). 

In the Luck era, the Pats have beat us 59-24, 43-22, 42-20, 45-7, and 34-27. And that last game was 34-21 until the Colts scored with 1:19 left on the clock. They haven't just beat us every time we've played, they've dominated us. They've been the far superior team, and that was true even in the AFCCG in 2014. 

The other difference is that the early 2000s Patriots had a history of beating the Colts over and over again. I considered that a rivalry because most of those games were close, and two of them were playoff games. We were two of the best -- if not the two very best -- teams in the AFC. We knew they'd be waiting for us in the playoffs, and they knew the same about us. Then, the Colts finally gained the upper hand in 2005, but there was already a recent history of a legitimate battle, along with the obvious Manning/Brady connection. 

This is not the AFC East rivalry, nor is it the Manning/Brady rivalry. This is sustained domination by one team over another. Neither team or fan base likes each other, and while bad blood is usually a fundamental element to a rivalry, it doesn't in itself make a rivalry. There has to at least be some contest between the two teams.

23 minutes ago, Superman said:

We didn't dominate them on the field. We beat them four out of five (by my count, not five out of six), but the majority of those games were close (I think there was one two score win in 2005, the rest were nail biters). 

In the Luck era, the Pats have beat us 59-24, 43-22, 42-20, 45-7, and 34-27. And that last game was 34-21 until the Colts scored with 1:19 left on the clock. They haven't just beat us every time we've played, they've dominated us. They've been the far superior team, and that was true even in the AFCCG in 2014. 

The other difference is that the early 2000s Patriots had a history of beating the Colts over and over again. I considered that a rivalry because most of those games were close, and two of them were playoff games. We were two of the best -- if not the two very best -- teams in the AFC. We knew they'd be waiting for us in the playoffs, and they knew the same about us. Then, the Colts finally gained the upper hand in 2005, but there was already a recent history of a legitimate battle, along with the obvious Manning/Brady connection. 

This is not the AFC East rivalry, nor is it the Manning/Brady rivalry. This is sustained domination by one team over another. Neither team or fan base likes each other, and while bad blood is usually a fundamental element to a rivalry, it doesn't in itself make a rivalry. There has to at least be some contest between the two teams.

Including the Playoffs, we beat them 5 out 6.

-In 2005 40-21 at NE, that was a blowout.

-In 2006 27-20 at NE

-In the 2006 AFC Title Game 38-34

-In 2007 they did beat us here 24-20, we were up 20-10

-In 2008 we win again 18-15

-In 2009 we win again 35-34 

-The games were close for the most part but to me that is one sided over 5 years regarding wins/losses. Not trying to debate your earlier comment but I was curious to here your opinion on it.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Including the Playoffs, we beat them 5 out 6.

-In 2005 40-21 at NE, that was a blowout.

-In 2006 27-20 at NE

-In the 2006 AFC Title Game 38-34

-In 2007 they did beat us here 24-20, we were up 20-10

-In 2008 we win again 18-15

-In 2009 we win again 35-34 

-The games were close for the most part but to me that one sided over 5 years regarding wins/losses. Not trying to debate your earlier comment but I was curious to here your opinion on it.

I missed the 2006 regular season game. Good call. 

Still, over those six games, we outscored them by a total of 30 points. They beat us in the 2014 playoff game by 38 points. See what I'm getting at?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I missed the 2006 regular season game. Good call. 

Still, over those six games, we outscored them by a total of 30 points. They beat us in the 2014 playoff game by 38 points. See what I'm getting at?

Yeah I get it, it would be nice to see a competitive game for a change. Tired of these blowouts. Without Hilton tonight this may be really rough.

I don’t believe there is a hard and fast rule defining a rivalry.  If the fans and owners hate each due to their history, it can be a rivalry.  Manning beat the Pats with Denver but that’s not a rivalry by anyone’s estimation. We have Pats fans on our message boards STILL who live just to pester us. That’s a rivalry.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I expect a few late hit fouls on the Colts. Make them pay. Go Colts!  

I would welcome it, particularly if they can knock Brady around and bang him up.  Then we could listen to all the Pats fans cry about how dirty the Colts are.  Wouldn't that be fresh?