Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread

Ladies and gentleman we are televising this game nationally so we can spend 3 hours of NON-STOP saying boy these Pats are just great .

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

we need 34-35 points

...by halftime.

Ouch!  That looked like it hurt.

So that isn’t landing with your weight on the qb lol...I mean it’s a stupid rule but that was doing it by like 3 guys lol.

Just now, GwinnettColt said:

Aaaaand Ebron with the drop.

Guess that's what Detroit fans were talking about.. Lol

Was surprised at how many people thought this game would be close let alone think we would “shock the world.” We’re about to get beat handily.

Just now, GwinnettColt said:

Aaaaand Ebron with the drop.

He wants to make a video so he can teach other receivers how to do that .

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Was surprised at how many people thought this game would be close let alone think we would “shock the world.” We’re about to get beat handily.

We're dreamers.. Lol

So the team with very fews sacks, got 3 players untouched into Andrews grill on that 2nd down play. Oh boy...

Still wondering why through all the Luck years we are still such a pass heavy team. They just said we pass 71% of the time this year. I mean obviously our O-Line isn't good enough to run NOR do we have a really great running back who can run more than 5 yards consistently. 

Hopefully we get that fixed next year.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Jesus. Christ. 

Might help. What position does he play? We need lots of them tonight. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I feel Terrible for Andrew 

Umm...I think Andrew feels terrible all by himself, lol.

Up at almost three at night for this crap.

Hines got Andrew killed.

3 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Doesn’t matter. Next man up. Show up and play football. We didnt

lol. You think this roster is deep enough for that. 

Thats funny. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

Might help. What position does he play? We need lots of them tonight. 

He's  a wide receiver..best 'fly' patterns I ever saw

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I kind of feel like another 10M contract for Funchess cannot be justified. He already got that and he missed the whole year. I doubt he will command that much again.    I personally probably would let Walker go if he demands that much money. I don't think he's as irreplaceable as to give him 8 a year and for 5 years... that's a ton.    I like the free agency signings and I like the draft. I think it's reasonable price to move up and something I can see Ballard doing if he loves Herbert. I haven't watched Peart, I will have to take a look at him. IMO at some point during this draft we will have to pick a player that could in the future challenge for LT spot even if AC returns.
    • He is returning to Clemson for his senior season, I was looking forward to seeing him in the NFL next year.  I'm surprised he made that decision, considering the usually short career for RBs in the NFL.  However, it's his choice and I hope it turns out to be a good choice.
    • If that trade is possible, I’d offer the Bengals the rights to Andrew Luck, JB, our 2nd pick in the 2nd rd this year and a 2nd rd next year. I’d also offer them a dinner for 4, once a month at Ruth Chris steak house for a year lol. I mean if that wouldn’t seal the deal idk lol. 
    • It is more Randall Cunningham arm like, IMO, but yes, he has to see them and hit them. But that is true of every QB-WR. He does lead them to the right shoulders in short throws, if you look closely at them. He uses every bit of his physical talents to the max. and even on that drop by Darwin Thompson, the RB who did not turn around for a hot read throw that hit him in his back, the QB read was right, the throw was right, but his RB was not on the same page because he was a rookie. Those are things I am curious to see get better with time with Mahomes as QB as he works with rookies too.    It is like the long ball in baseball, everyone gets enamored with them but the base hits move the sticks, like first downs in football. Because Mahomes hits the long balls, they overshadow a lot of things he does underneath. For a 2nd year guy to build chemistry with Kelce who is thrown to as he comes out of the break, even that Tyreek Hill drop that he came out of the break, and same with Sammy Watkins for a crucial first down late in the game, he is still learning the position and I see improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 where he leads them right, IMO. So, no, the WRs are not wide open every single time till he manufactures time by moving back or moving sideways. It is like 10 yards back or 5 yards lateral, before a 30 yard throw for a 20 yard completion, that is his style, LOL. It is an adjustment for traditionalists, IMO, but once you adjust, it is enjoyable. At least it is to me.   Nothing against Tom Moore, but Andy Reid is a tad more creative play caller than Tom Moore was. Tom Moore's offense was predicated on "we will line up the same way and run different routes out of the same formations based on how the pass catchers read the defense, which does require a lot of work between the QB and pass catchers". Andy Reid has far more motion incorporated in the back, and that is why they draft for speed they use for reverses far more than any of the playoff teams this year. In other words, Andy Reid's offense to me seems to be more motion schemes and less on perfection of execution while Tom Moore's offense was more reliant on perfection of execution, and when it was on, it was a well oiled machine and a thing of beauty to watch when Peyton was running it well. But it did not get there overnight, it took a few years.
    • What a horrible first round pick. DE is no where near our biggest need, and not only that, but this would be a huge reach. Matos is very raw and could easily be had in the mid 2nd round.    Indy needs to go DT, WR, or QB round 1. Possibly LT if Costanzo were to retire. 
  • Members

• cjrichard

cjrichard 85

• MPStack

MPStack 3,634

• stitches

stitches 6,771

• PeterBowman

PeterBowman 3,163

• DiogoZ

DiogoZ 24

• JMichael557