Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Final Injury Report @ Patriots

TKnight24

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

So Clark and Smith as tackles? Yeesh.

Shotgun with the center snapping like snapping to a punter, about 10 plus yards away, so that Luck can see the field for a few seconds before throwing. :) 

Or it is Turbinator time. 

• Like 2

Ok, so now let's get into the head of BB.  Most people think the way to attack the Colts is going to be on the edges to exploit the tackles.  So, the Colts are going to counter that by having a TE on one side, use the RB to chip on the other side and have Luck continue with the quick passing game.

Against the Patriots that would be a mistake, because what BB is going to do is realize the Colts are going to try to help the tackles and so he is going to attack the strength of the Colts line (Nelson, Kelly and Slausen) and send blitzes from B gap to B gap, he send 4 people or 3 and a stunting dlineman right into those gaps and overwhelm those three, so now, instead of a 4 on 2 scenario (TE/Tackle vs DE or RB/Tackle vs DE) he is creating a 3 on 4 scenario that favors the NE defense and has the added benefit of hands in Luck's face on those short drops and he's also taken the TE and RB out of the play.

So to counter that, I think the Colts should line up like they are going to do that but instead of blocking have the TE do a short out pattern, easy throw and catch for Luck, 4-5 yard gain.  Keep doing that until those LBers pull back to cover the pass.  Then go to using the TE and RB to help the tackles and take some shots down field.

• Like 3

At least Anthony Costanzo is questionable..

It's really important Hairston plays, I don't think we have anybody else to play in the slot. Pipkins? And with Edelman back.

This is a pity, I was really looking forward to this game. But at this stage with our injuries, it would be a tremendous feat to get a win there.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think all of the questionable players will play.   And I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's a close game.  Our defense is very fast and no longer a pushover.  Let's let the dogs out! 

I sure hope Desir and Lenord plays or we will need to score 60. I’m certain BB wants to score 80 on this team and his OC has motivation to embarrass this team as well. We will see but this group of injuries every single year is just maddening. 

7 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I sure hope Desir and Lenord plays or we will need to score 60. I’m certain BB wants to score 80 on this team and his OC has motivation to embarrass this team as well. We will see but this group of injuries every single year is just maddening. 

If they wanna run up the score, then i would hit Brady on every play.  Take the penalties.... who cares.  

Heck, when our offense is on the field, have Luck throw toward their sideline and hit Brady while he sits on the bench too!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

If they wanna run up the score, then i would hit Brady on every play.  Take the penalties.... who cares.  

Heck, when our offense is on the field, have Luck throw toward their sideline and hit Brady while he sits on the bench too!

I’m down for that plan winning or losing. I’d love to see Luck whack Tommy with an “errant” throw lol

This'll be fun to watch huh??

Here's to hoping these guys have a miracle type performance.

Visions of Tommy playing pitch and catch with his guys.

Let's hope to keep it close because once they pull away we're dead. There's no quick strike threats from us of any kind.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Ok, so now let's get into the head of BB.  Most people think the way to attack the Colts is going to be on the edges to exploit the tackles.  So, the Colts are going to counter that by having a TE on one side, use the RB to chip on the other side and have Luck continue with the quick passing game.

Against the Patriots that would be a mistake, because what BB is going to do is realize the Colts are going to try to help the tackles and so he is going to attack the strength of the Colts line (Nelson, Kelly and Slausen) and send blitzes from B gap to B gap, he send 4 people or 3 and a stunting dlineman right into those gaps and overwhelm those three, so now, instead of a 4 on 2 scenario (TE/Tackle vs DE or RB/Tackle vs DE) he is creating a 3 on 4 scenario that favors the NE defense and has the added benefit of hands in Luck's face on those short drops and he's also taken the TE and RB out of the play.

So to counter that, I think the Colts should line up like they are going to do that but instead of blocking have the TE do a short out pattern, easy throw and catch for Luck, 4-5 yard gain.  Keep doing that until those LBers pull back to cover the pass.  Then go to using the TE and RB to help the tackles and take some shots down field.

Nah...Reich knows B.B. is expecting this...So he'll go 'old school' and have Luck do 7 step drops, with Ebron and Swoope doing deep outs to opposite sides of the field while the WR's do quick in curls, and have Luck go deep on majority of passes...lol

• Like 1