Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks sign TJ Green

ColtsBlueFL

Good luck to him. Obviously has the physical talent but never really seemed to turn that into football talent at a high level.

My prevailing memory of him will be game 1 of last year when he played CB against the Rams.

Both he and Tolzein looked like they had never played NFL ball before that day. 

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Good luck to him. Obviously has the physical talent but never really seemed to turn that into football talent at a high level.

My prevailing memory of him will be game 1 of last year when he played CB against the Rams.

Both he and Tolzein looked like they had never played NFL ball before that day. 

The Seahawks did turn Jeremy Lane, that we rejected, to an acceptable corner. Weird things can happen but T.J.Green had been given plenty of chances, and am not sure if he can turn that corner to be a safety. Pagano, for all his flaws, did coach our DBs well, but just did not match them up well based on their strengths (putting VD on Antonio Brown 1-on-1 for several games etc.).

He has qualities, that's why he was targeted by some near the top of the draft.  But sometimes it takes longer for some to have the bulb light up; whether its scheme or recognition, increased instinctes from better film breakdown, more reps, etc ...

Right now TJ is the 3rd Free Safety on the Seahawks depth chart behind Tedric Thompson and Bradley McDougald.  Let's see if Pete Carroll can coach him to move up.

Reporter-

Q- "what do you see in TJ Green?'

Pete Carroll-

A - " He's an incredible athlete, really fast, and he's over 6'2", great tester coming out and that's why he was cited as 2nd rounder. We think he has a lot of potential to help us on special teams, and we'd like to develop him. You know those long guys... those fast guys, look good as a corner some day. That's one thing that flashed, but he's's been playing safety, and a little bit of corner but not with a lot of background yet. So he's going to be playing safety for us right off the bat and see how we progress with him."

Carroll basically says he's had limited experience in football (defense), one year at Clemson, played 8 NFL games as a rook, then limited in and out play after.  So he's very much a developmental project.

Pagano was not the only guy that had that type of vision for T.J. Green. Let's see if new coaching and more player maturity/experience works in /Green's favor this time.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, AZColt11 said:

Good for him.  He's got loads of athletic ability.  Now if he could just learn to play DB.

I think that's what they see. I really do.

I'm glad to see this (since he's out of the conference) because he is a star athlete, just not a player yet"

• Like 1