Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dodsworth

The 4 phases of losing and winning.

1st phase- lose big

2nd phase- lose small

3rd phase- win small

4th phase- win big

We are already into phase 2 with brand new offense, defense

and coaching staff all the while having the 3rd youngest roster

in the NFL.

Phase 3 may be here by mid season so hang tight Colt fanatics!

Andrew Luck is coming into form, we should get some starters back in the coming weeks. Phase 3 would be awesome if it came Thursday. 

Any given Sunday. Or on occasion Monday or Thursday , lol. Hopefully Turbo has a chip on his shoulder. 

If only...

We lost a lot of close games last year, primarily because the other team proved to be better as the game went on. That team wasn't getting better throughout the year.

I don't necessarily think that's been the case this year, I think what's cost us games has been penalties, poor tackling, and poor pass coverage. We've also been held back by poor OL play and some overly conservative QB play. The line might get better as it gets healthy and settles in, but I think it will still be spotty, at best. I think Luck took the governor off this week, and the QB play will be higher quality moving forward.

I expect the penalties to get better as the year goes on (we're averaging 9 defensive penalties per game so far). Getting some of these reserve OL off the field and getting more experience for the young guys will be a big help. The pass defense probably won't get much better this season, but maybe we can cut down on some of the 15-20 yard plays we've been giving up.

Which brings me to tackling. I don't know what to expect from week to week. Even from drive to drive. Against Washington, the defense was flying around, hitting everything that moved, and it seemed like there was always at least 3 defenders surrounding the receiver immediately after he caught the pass. We saw that in spots against the Eagles, but there were a lot of plays where it took a second or two for a defender to even enter the frame. And there were a lot of missed tackles throughout, as the defense got worn down. And this week, it seemed like receivers and backs had room to run all game, plus a lot of overruns and missed tackles by linebackers and DBs. 

So I don't know about the tackling and the pass coverage. Those look like real sore spots for this defense at times. It's led to long, extended drives, lopsided TOP, and it will make it difficult to get wins.

3 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Andrew Luck is coming into form, we should get some starters back in the coming weeks. Phase 3 would be awesome if it came Thursday. 

It's almost like something clicked just before half time...

He seems so much more comfortable in the pocket and throwing the ball...

6 hours ago, dodsworth said:

1st phase- lose big

2nd phase- lose small

3rd phase- win small

4th phase- win big

We are already into phase 2 with brand new offense, defense

and coaching staff all the while having the 3rd youngest roster

in the NFL.

Phase 3 may be here by mid season so hang tight Colt fanatics!

Can you imagine if life was just that simple?

There would be no continual winners or losers in the NFL or any sport for that matter.

Just got to wait your turn for the cycle to come around.