Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some People Complain Too Much

Dark Superman

"Some people complain too much" should be the tagline for the internet. haha

I do agree with you though, there are a lot of positives to take from this game, and the season so far.  It still doesn't change the 1-3 record and the fact that will likely become 1-4 based on our injuries in a short week and how the Patriots played yesterday.

I am encouraged for the future, but this season may start to slip away from us if we don't start to collect some wins and it's another year gone for Luck.  

#2020SuperbowlBaby

• Like 2

After a rough start the offense, playing its fourth game in a new system with Andrew Luck coming back from a devastating injury to his throwing shoulder, with Good and Clark lining up against Clowney and Watt, came alive at the end and almost got it done.  And they did it without Hilton, Mack, and Doyle. 

Before the game or the season, who thought that was even a possibility?

I'm not complaining, I'm excited about the future, and that definitely includes this coaching staff.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

"Some people complain too much" should be the tagline for the internet. haha

I do agree with you though, there are a lot of positives to take from this game, and the season so far.  It still doesn't change the 1-3 record and the fact that will likely become 1-4 based on our injuries in a short week and how the Patriots played yesterday.

I am encouraged for the future, but this season may start to slip away from us if we don't start to collect some wins and it's another year gone for Luck.  

#2020SuperbowlBaby

i'm not to worried about how the pats played vs the Finns due to how we handled the redskins after they dominated the cards. however i do agree that it will be a short week and this will be a tough test for frank in just a short amount of time. so i am anxious to see what he puts together which reminds me do we get turbin back this game?

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

I was thinking the same thing after the game.  I was entertained.  I was on the edge of my seat until the very end.  That's a whole lot better than last year........I needed a LOT of coffee for those games

Its funny isn’t it how perspective shifts so fast. We could be complaining about losing by 18, instead we are arguing over one single play in OT. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Its funny isn’t it how perspective shifts so fast. We could be complaining about losing by 18, instead we are arguing over one single play in OT. 

Yep.  It's ALL about perspective.  Depends on which side of the fence you sit on I suppose.  No matter what happens or doesn't happen this year, I believe this team has a bright future going forward.  And that alone should excite most Colts fans.

4 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i'm not to worried about how the pats played vs the Finns due to how we handled the redskins after they dominated the cards. however i do agree that it will be a short week and this will be a tough test for frank in just a short amount of time. so i am anxious to see what he puts together which reminds me do we get turbin back this game?

Yeah turbo now served his four games so should be back.

• Like 1

no one expected a super bowl, but i was hoping they would at least salvage a decent record

i didnt agree with the play call either ftr, didnt think they  would convert and they still would have been 20 yards or so out of field goal range even if they did.  didnt like the risk vs reward 

Almost starting from scratch, this team (especially on defense) is way better than most anticipated. Hate losing but this young team will grow from it, all arrows pointing up in right direction. One more great draft/influx of talent and Colts will be legit contenders. Whats not to like?

• Like 1

I agree most everything is trending in the right direction. And while there's not much to complain about losing games like that still hurts. It's frustrating when they lose extremely close and winnable games. Especially this many.

I think you can be entertained by these games but also be saddened or frustrated by the outcome. Especially when they come with so many injuries, to key players like TY, Leonard, and to a lesser degree Moore. So yeah, nothing to complain about, but it's not like I finished that game with a smile on my face.

5 hours ago, Nadine said:

I was thinking the same thing after the game.  I was entertained.  I was on the edge of my seat until the very end.  That's a whole lot better than last year........I needed a LOT of coffee for those games

"I needed a LOT of coffee for those games" :thmup:. I needed alot of Beer haha to calm my nerves but I have enjoyed this season so far eventhough I hate losing and we are 1-3. We look alot better than last season and we are in rebuild mode. Yeah I had us going 9-7 basing that on winning alot of close games, that hasn't gone my way but oh well. I love the Title of this Thread because it is actually true lmao 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GusFring said:

Luck's arm looked dead on that last throw. I won't believe he's healthy until he strings some games together. 

Honestly, this post made me laugh. :D Luck just threw 470 yards, for a record breaking 63 times - he NEVER threw this many in a game before -, threw a record breaking number of completed passes (he never threw 40 completed passed ever), during the game, he threw a 45-50 yarder beauty to Hilton into double coverage, he threw passes into tight coverages one after another, the threw a dart on the run for 22 yard into a triple coverage ultra tight window, where only the receiver could catch it, and by the way, he threw 4 TD's and zero INT's, despite his receivers dropped a lot of key ball on 3rd downs and in the RZ/EZ.

....aaaaaand .... there are STILL people out here, who STILL believe he is done. :D:D 

I think we better prepare that if Luck will "string some games together", then there will be doubters, who will want him to win the division before they believe he is back. And when he'll win the division, there will be doubters, who will want him to win a SB before they believe he is back. And hey, even if he'll win a ring, there will be doubters, who won't believe until he wins multiple ones, because he is the next Elway or what, so he's supposed to. :D

Seriously, the last one and half quarter was probably the best I have ever seen from Luck. This wasn't that young ultra talented converted-to-a-gunslinger guy, who first, makes his blatant mistakes, then heroically brings his team back into games by throwing some crazy deep balls to T.Y.. This Luck was a matured quarterback, who methodically took apart the Houston secondary without his go to guy, without an oline, and without any help from the running game. And he did this without commiting larger than small mistakes here and there. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

Honestly, this post made me laugh. :D Luck just threw 470 yards, for a record breaking 63 times - he NEVER threw this many in a game before -, threw a record breaking number of completed passes (he never threw 40 completed passed ever), during the game, he threw a 45-50 yarder beauty to Hilton into double coverage, he threw passes into tight coverages one after another, the threw a dart on the run for 22 yard into a triple coverage ultra tight window, where only the receiver could catch it, and .... there are people how STILL believe he is done. :D:D 

I think we better prepare that if Luck will "string some games together", then there will be doubters, who will want him to win the division before they believe he is back. And when he'll win the division, there will be doubters, who will want him to win a SB before they believe he is back. And hey, even if he'll win a ring, there will be doubters, who won't believe until he wins multiple ones, because, well, he is the next Elway, so he supposed to. :D

Seriously, the last one and half quarter was probably the best I have ever seen from Luck. This wasn't that young ultra talented converted-to-a-gunslinger guy, who first, makes his blatant mistakes, then heroically brings his team back into games by throwing some crazy deep balls to T.Y.. This Luck was a matured quarterback, who methodically took apart the Houston secondary without his go to guy, without an oline, and without any help from the running game. And he did this without commiting larger than small mistakes here and there. 

Good post.. And you didn't even mention zero picks.

7 hours ago, Savage21 said:

Listen, I hate losing as much as anyone on here, especially when this team should easily be 4-0 instead of 1-3. I know losing games we should've won is hard to accept, but there are so many positive things going for this team that the future actually looks bright and promising, and I haven't felt this way probably since 2012.

This team is young (especially on defense) and A LOT of these guys are playing together for the first time. Our defense is filled with a ton of first or second-year guys who outside the Colts fan base aren't household names by any means. But I've seen so must hustle from these young guys who give everything they have on every single play. You can tell how much these guys value each other and love playing together. These men are still considered kids in the NFL world, but their maturity and hard work speak volumes, and it's flashed a lot on the field. This team is still only in the second year of a new regime and it's coming along a heck of a lot better than I ever imaged.

We have some good pieces, but also the ability to bring in some key pieces through the draft and free agency. Chris Ballard has shown us all that he knows what he's doing, and he's been able to bring in some great talent in such a short period of time.

Andrew Luck is healthy. Need I say more?

Sure, Luck needs help on both sides of the ball and I'm sure Chris Ballard will give Andrew all the help he needs this upcoming off-season. The offense if healthy is solid, but we all know we still need some help on the offensive line and wide receiver especially.  Keep building around Luck while building up a defense that can keep you in games, and we'll be a playoff team in no time.

Frank Reich and his staff really impressed me. No one is perfect, but Frank Reich seems to be the perfect fit not only for Andrew Luck but the entire Colts organization. Allow Chris Ballard to add some vital pieces to our offense and I believe Reich and Luck can take us to the promise land.

This team is young and it's shown on the field, especially with boneheaded penalties and a ton of missed opportunities. But this team is competitive and so far have been in every game until the very end. We're still in our youth and have a very promising outlook which I didn't think I would see for a very long time with the way things were looking with Luck's shoulder injury and the whole Grigson/Pagano circus.

I love how these young guys are playing right away and gaining experience together. We have a huge opportunity to add some great talent next off-season and I do believe Chris Ballard will be a little more aggressive in luring in a few guys here.

Also, congratulations to the GOAT AV on his latest milestone on Sunday. That guy can probably play at a high level for another five years. Wow.

#GoColts

Awesome post. :hat: