Sign in to follow this  
JMichael557

Game Officials

Recommended Posts

Not complaining that the officials cost us the game but the overall officiating was really bad. The two critical holding calls were not NFL holds. In fact Q simply pancaked his man.  The intentional grounding call on Luck a High School crew could have got that correct. Anyone could see that his throw was affected he was not throwing the ball away. (The hit by clowney caused the throw).  The two holding calls were citical.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not counting the when Texans, snapped the ball 1.5 seconds after the clock was on 0 and referees didn't call for a delay of game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've definitely been trending downwards the last few years.

There's several blatant bad ones each week, to every team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The intentional grounding was a clown call.  Absolutely wrong. 

 

They literally don't know the rules apparently.   

  

"the passer initiates his passing motion toward an eligible receiver and then is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the pass to land in an area that is not in the direction and vicinity of an eligible receiver;". 

    

  

First time I've ever seen the it called in that situation. No idea how they didn't correct it and pick up the flag.  

  

The Colts are being targeted for some reason. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Caleb Randolph said:

Its league wide, and its getting worse every game.

Like I said in the other thread(Dear NFL) in the past There was one bad crew and the rest were average or above average bu5 not this year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

The intentional grounding was a clown call.  Absolutely wrong. 

 

They literally don't know the rules apparently. 

You could clearly see where he intended to throw it and clearly he was hit.

 

Such a blatant dumb call.

 

I still don't get why they can't correct blown calls regardless of if it's reviewable or not. Fix mistakes, don't hide behind the dumb excuse of 'oh but we can't, it's whistled dead or that play or incident isn't reviewable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be the first to admit that it's the fault of the rules as to why the refs look bad, but they're constantly missing easy, well known rules.  

  

I am just some average fan and I know the rule on intentional grounding (as I'm sure most average fans do).  

There's no excuse to miss that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IinD said:

You could clearly see where he intended to throw it and clearly he was hit.

 

Such a blatant dumb call.

 

I still don't get why they can't correct blown calls regardless of if it's reviewable or not. Fix mistakes, don't hide behind the dumb excuse of 'oh but we can't, it's whistled dead or that play or incident isn't reviewable.

They could have corrected it. They pick up flags all the time.  

The whole crew missed it apparently.  

Find better refs.  

No excuse for this garbage. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't get to see the game but I just watched a 15 minute YouTube video of it and just watched the Deion/Shannon postgame. They didn't say anything about bad calls and neither did the YouTube comments. YouTube comments...if they're not in the YouTube comments they didn't cost the Colts the game. Seems like the abandoned the run and blew it in OT.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I didn't get to see the game but I just watched a 15 minute YouTube video of it and just watched the Deion/Shannon postgame. They didn't say anything about bad calls and neither did the YouTube comments. YouTube comments...if they're not in the YouTube comments they didn't cost the Colts the game. Seems like the abandoned the run and blew it in OT.

I don't think the refs cost us the game.  I rarely ever do.   But listening to Shannon and deion and YouTube.   I would be embarrassed to comment on anything concerning the game of I didn't at least watch it

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not enjoying aNFL football as much anymore. The officiating has far to much of a bearing on the game . The games are slow and the flow is interrupted by a continuous steam of flags.

 

i hope its fixed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

I didn't get to see the game but I just watched a 15 minute YouTube video of it and just watched the Deion/Shannon postgame. They didn't say anything about bad calls and neither did the YouTube comments. YouTube comments...if they're not in the YouTube comments they didn't cost the Colts the game. Seems like the abandoned the run and blew it in OT.

 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think the refs cost us the game.  I rarely ever do.   But listening to Shannon and deion and YouTube.   I would be embarrassed to comment on anything concerning the game of I didn't at least watch it

 

I know you're still upset about the Brock thread but slow down and read like a normal robot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Luca_Colts said:

Not counting the when Texans, snapped the ball 1.5 seconds after the clock was on 0 and referees didn't call for a delay of game.

on 4th DOWN at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REFS stink as usual again but they weren't why we lost this one,they were why we lost last week though. Having said that I guess Watson has all day to hike that ball now :funny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ricker182 said:

The intentional grounding was a clown call.  Absolutely wrong. 

 

They literally don't know the rules apparently.   

  

"the passer initiates his passing motion toward an eligible receiver and then is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the pass to land in an area that is not in the direction and vicinity of an eligible receiver;". 

    

  

First time I've ever seen the it called in that situation. No idea how they didn't correct it and pick up the flag.  

  

The Colts are being targeted for some reason. 

 

When they replayed it , I actually didn't see any contact to Lucks arm . I recorded it so i may go back and double check but even the commentators mentioned that upon review they didn't see contact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think the refs cost us the game.  I rarely ever do.   But listening to Shannon and deion and YouTube.   I would be embarrassed to comment on anything concerning the game of I didn't at least watch it

I agree bad calls apart of every game.  The one that was really bad was the grounding call but I believe the Colts scored on that drive, though I could be wrong, if they did how much did that flag really hurt?

 

I think things like dropped passes, two fumbles inside your own 15 yardline, not being able to figure out how to cover a slot WR coming across the middle or Fuller running 15 yards down the field and turning right towards the sideline were more why the Colts lost than the refs were.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe if I am correct not for sure their is a head Ref each game that sits back in New York and is able to see a bad call and lets the ref on the field know this. I thought they went to this years ago to cut down on crucial mistakes the refs were making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it a few times and I mean no disrespect but I feel most of the refs are too old.  Some look like they can't even move.  Always felt like they should have younger refs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those were bad calls.  No doubt about it.  But even with those, the Colts STILL had chances and didn't take advantage.  Simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said last week (whether it's the refs themselves or they are getting called from HQ) it sure feels like these games are predetermined before they happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont get the crowd that thinks the reffing gets worse every year. It's been bad since I've known football - at all levels. The 5th down, the Steelers OT coin flip in 99, the phantom Testaverde touchdown, tuck rule, the Colts/Steelers AFC championship.  Its not worse, its just more of the same. It happened then and it will continue to happen going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

 

 

I know you're still upset about the Brock thread but slow down and read like a normal robot.

I did t watch the game....but I did stay at a holiday inn express once

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I dont get the crowd that thinks the reffing gets worse every year. It's been bad since I've known football - at all levels. The 5th down, the Steelers OT coin flip in 99, the phantom Testaverde touchdown, tuck rule, the Colts/Steelers AFC championship.  Its not worse, its just more of the same. It happened then and it will continue to happen going forward.

I think the real complaint is it shouldn't happen now when you have 5,592 cameras and angles to look at.

 

Cleveland got robbed on two terrible calls as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, strt182 said:

When they replayed it , I actually didn't see any contact to Lucks arm . I recorded it so i may go back and double check but even the commentators mentioned that upon review they didn't see contact. 

Luck's arm was not hit. It was the hit to his body by Clowney that caused the pass to fall short. That is what they missed. The ball flight should have told them that something external casued the pass to fly the way it did. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They called the Browns game like *s as well. Think back when there was no official replays only replays for the TV viewers to prove bad calls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Luck's arm was not hit. It was the hit to his body by Clowney that caused the pass to fall short. That is what they missed. The ball flight should have told them that something external casued the pass to fly the way it did. 

Oh that's weird. Cause I was at the game and it showed the replay on the big screens and his ELBOW was clearly hit by Watt.

 

also, showed the replay of the Hopkins catch. His first foot was out of bounds. Either that or it was so stinking close you couldn't squeeze and ant in between. We were * and booing non stop at the refs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, King Colt said:

They called the Browns game like *s as well. Think back when there was no official replays only replays for the TV viewers to prove bad calls. 

Browns really got screwed. That poor team can't catch a break. That was highway robbery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Just don't turn the ball over and we win 31-20. Simple as that.

I think most of us know that but when the refs make these kinds of mistakes it changes the whole momentum of the game therefore changing the final score.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

 

 

I know you're still upset about the Brock thread but slow down and read like a normal robot.

I'm not upset that Brock sucks.   That's you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not upset that Brock sucks.   That's you

 

Neither am I. That's why I don't have the shameful need to go around saying it to this day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

Not complaining that the officials cost us the game but the overall officiating was really bad. The two critical holding calls were not NFL holds. In fact Q simply pancaked his man.  The intentional grounding call on Luck a High School crew could have got that correct. Anyone could see that his throw was affected he was not throwing the ball away. (The hit by clowney caused the throw).  The two holding calls were citical.  

Ya dont forget the misses with too many men. Or non holding on texans when they would turn and tackle our D line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I dont get the crowd that thinks the reffing gets worse every year. It's been bad since I've known football - at all levels. The 5th down, the Steelers OT coin flip in 99, the phantom Testaverde touchdown, tuck rule, the Colts/Steelers AFC championship.  Its not worse, its just more of the same. It happened then and it will continue to happen going forward.

Since I'm once of the "crowd" that thinks that, I will answer.  There have always been controversial calls that is true.  But the frequency of known bad calls is definitely worse now.  It may be because we have multiple replays almost instantly and can see it, it may be because of the clarity of the video that they are easier to see.

 

The plays you mention above were the exception nowadays there are bad/controversial calls in multiple games every week.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 9:48 PM, BloodyChamp said:

I didn't get to see the game but I just watched a 15 minute YouTube video of it and just watched the Deion/Shannon postgame. They didn't say anything about bad calls and neither did the YouTube comments. YouTube comments...if they're not in the YouTube comments they didn't cost the Colts the game. Seems like the abandoned the run and blew it in OT.

 

I think it's hilarious that you think you've discerned what happened in this game on the basis of YouTube comments and a postgame piece from two guys who probably didn't watch the game either.

 

Case in point: The Colts didn't abandon the run game, they never had anything resembling a run game, from the first drive. They actually tried to run the ball on one of the late drives, and it wound up being an unmitigated disaster two plays in a row. But that wasn't in the YouTube comments, either...

 

And ultimately, the point isn't that the refs cost the Colts the game. The Colts cost themselves the game. But the point is that officiating was and has been obviously terrible in the last two Colts games. And yes, complaints about officiating are going to be louder after losses, but that doesn't change the fact that the officiating has been terrible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YouTube comments underneath a 15 minute video that I completed and a postgame show on TV. I don't know why everybody is trying to pretend they don't understand this. I know bad calls hit the fanbase a little harder and I know fans lean towards their teams in amy iffy situation but if bad calls cost the Colts the game I'd have heard about somewhere besides a Colts forum and seen it in a very long highlight video. Meanwhile ya'll can't even agree on what actually happened and are arguing who could see it better as if you're frantically trying to get the excuses straight and justify losing the game. Talk about hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

YouTube comments underneath a 15 minute video that I completed and a postgame show on TV. I don't know why everybody is trying to pretend they don't understand this. I know bad calls hit the fanbase a little harder and I know fans lean towards their teams in amy iffy situation but if bad calls cost the Colts the game I'd have heard about somewhere besides a Colts forum and seen it in a very long highlight video. Meanwhile ya'll can't even agree on what actually happened and are arguing who could see it better as if you're frantically trying to get the excuses straight and justify losing the game. Talk about hilarious.

I always go to the YouTube comments when trying to find answers.   

 

No one is frantic about anything.   There were bad calls in every game I've watched this year.   But go back to the YouTube comments,   you're needed there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.