Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm liking where the D is going

PeterBowman

Put this into perspective.....all of last year the Colts had 25 sacks. Through 4 games they already have 18. Had 9 more tackles for loss today to go with the 7 sa ks. Lots of pressure but the last 2 weeks they've gone against 2 mobile QBs. 

We knew going into the season this team is not a finished product and there will be growing pains. Is it frustrating? Absolutely, but they're also making their fair share of plays. If the offensive can get out of its own way, it'll be even better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Today was not the day to celebrate the defense.  The Texans kept running the same two plays.  Run a slot WR over the middle or send fuller about 15 yards downs field and turn to the sidelines and the Colts couldn’t stop it all game.  The pats will eat the Colts alive with those plays this week.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Watson looked all world picking that zone apart. It was like we were jekyl and Hyde most of the game

defense has played well enough for us to be 4-0 despite needed a few more play makers. offense has cost us three games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Yeah where is Hooker back there?

I think Hookers INT got everyone excited and masked some of his deficiencies prior to his injury. He may be still getting some speed back, I dont know. Geathers is built up on this site and I just don’t see it. He seems like good depth but he’s no playmaker and I would look to replace him

14 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I think Hookers INT got everyone excited and masked some of his deficiencies prior to his injury. He may be still getting some speed back, I dont know. Geathers is built up on this site and I just don’t see it. He seems like good depth but he’s no playmaker and I would look to replace him

Remember they kept throwing towards fairley zone everytime can't put blame on hooker

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts gave up 495 yards and 37 points.    I appreciate the 7 sacks...  but we gave up way too many first downs on third and long to very long.

I didn’t think this was a great day for our new, young defense...

Defense gave up 23 points. Our offense gave up 14 for the 37 point total. 

• Like 2

It's a hit or miss defense. Sometimes, we'll see em swarm the LOS and create a tackle for loss, or a big sack, or forced fumble or pick. Other times, they'll give up a 22 yard gain on 3rd and long, or miss coverage or get gashed out wide or take a penalty in a critical situation.

They make plays cause they're young and talented. They make mistakes cause they're young and talented.

Unfortunately they couldn't get a big stop when we needed em to like in OT or late in regulation. But they have some juice. It'll take some time before we can turn that juice into some sauce (5 bucks to whoever gets that reference haha). 

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Corners dropping like flies isn't helping us either. Wilson has to step up, we lose Moore today and Milton definitely shouldn't be starting...

Milton got abused on that one TD

Keke Coutee was the missing piece the Texans haven't had the past couple weeks. He's a mismatch problem. Quick as Welker and runs about a 4.2. Makes for a very hard cover. If we could just finish when opportunities arise and stop with the turnovers we would be more on the winning side of these things.

You guys realize the Texans have the #6 offense right?  We weren't going to completely shut them down.  We did well enough against the run to make them go 3rd and long many times.  We had 7 sacks...2nd in NFL right now with 17,..only behind Chicago's 18.  We have injuries to 2 of our top 3 CB's. 

We lost, it sucks.  But this team played hard...and seriously shouldn't have even been it the game after midway through the 3rd quarter.  But they fought their tails off and tied it.  

Man i hope A.C.  is back for the Pats game Thurs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Farley should start over him 

4 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

yeah but the defensive line is old

They're not ancient.  Only Hunt really, but he got started late.

The good news - Ballard seems to know what D-line talent looks like.  

• Like 1

Yes it is just numbers. But look at how many Total tackles we got from our front 7.
   Yes over 5 quarters Duh, but they are making a lot of quality plays and tackling well IMO. 
   Yes we need several more studs on D but there is much to like about a several of our younguns.