Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck 464 yards 4-TD 0-INT [Merge]

NannyMcafee

I’d just like to see some consistency. Even before the injuries there were weeks he would come out and it was just frustrating to watch. 

Last week he had the world eyeballing him and wondering. This week he looked alright. Next week he could come out and throw for 150 yards and two picks. It’s always kind of been a roll of the dice. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

There are a lot of facets of this team struggling.   Luck and his arm aren't part of that.   I hate watching him drop back 60+ times.   He is in danger every one of those drop backs.  Have to find a way to run the damn ball.  

We’ve done a good job considering. It’s no wonder that last throw was short. He threw the ball over 60 times and was getting pressured a lot. Shoulder was a little tired at that point probably

2 hours ago, Grind Hard said:

Ebron can not catch unless completely wide open he drops everything when its contested SMH

He doesn’t have very good focus, so in other words, agreed. 

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’d just like to see some consistency. Even before the injuries there were weeks he would come out and it was just frustrating to watch. 

Last week he had the world eyeballing him and wondering. This week he looked alright. Next week he could come out and throw for 150 yards and two picks. It’s always kind of been a roll of the dice. 

He looked really good. Minus the fumbles, he probably would’ve had a perfect passer rating. No bonehead throws really like last week or rather every week prior. 

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

We’ve done a good job considering. It’s no wonder that last throw was short. He threw the ball over 60 times and was getting pressured a lot. Shoulder was a little tired at that point probably

Maybe.   I don't think think so.   Was just a well covered route I think.   I liked it when he went for it.   It sucked they didn't convert.  Reich didn't want the tie.   I agree

• Like 1

He looked really good. Minus the fumbles, he probably would’ve had a perfect passer rating. No bonehead throws really like last week or rather every week prior. 

But therein lies the problem. We have to point out that those things didn’t happen this week because there have been weeks where we haven’t been quite as fortunate. 

But it’s always kind of been a thing, right? Spider 2 Y banana.

I don’t know if an offensive coach or system could help make him a little more consistent, but I surely did hold hope that it could. I know 4 games is a small sample size, but so far it’s still hard to guess what might happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe.   I don't think think so.   Was just a well covered route I think.   I liked it when he went for it.   It sucked they didn't convert.  Reich didn't want the tie.   I agree

Going for it gave us the best chance to win. And honestly, despite the loss, I don’t feel as bad about this loss as last weeks. I feel more confident in this team as we’ve seen both sides of the ball play extremely well now. Now it’s just a matter of combining the two and taking out negative plays. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Going for it gave us the best chance to win. And honestly, despite the loss, I don’t feel as bad about this loss as last weeks. I feel more confident in this team as we’ve seen both sides of the ball play extremely well now. Now it’s just a matter of combining the two and taking out negative plays. 

His players also know he has confidence in them.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

But therein lies the problem. We have to point out that those things didn’t happen this week because there have been weeks where we haven’t been quite as fortunate. 

But it’s always kind of been a thing, right? Spider 2 Y banana.

I don’t know if an offensive coach or system could help make him a little more consistent, but I surely did hold hope that it could. I know 4 games is a small sample size, but so far it’s still hard to guess what might happen. 

If we get our starters healthy, we are looking at a better team automatically. Hopefully Haeg can rejoin the starting lineup later in the season. But if we get Castanzo, Mack, TY, and Doyle back in two weeks, we will be better offensively, enough so to start winning games on that merit alone. 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

His players also know he has confidence in them.    

Something the good old Chuck didn’t enthuse. 

Now that I think about it, what Reich did is something Mike Tomlin does all the time. And I think Tomlin has a very good relationship with his players. I would definitely be for Reich having that same vibe. 

If we get our starters healthy, we are looking at a better team automatically. Hopefully Haeg can rejoin the starting lineup later in the season. But if we get Castanzo, Mack, TY, and Doyle back in two weeks, we will be better offensively, enough so to start winning games on that merit alone. 

Something the good old Chuck didn’t enthuse. 

I will never talk badly about Chuck.   I think he did his best.   Chuck would have punted 10 out of 10 times.   That's ok.  Frank went for the win.  Give me the guy that wants the win

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I will never talk badly about Chuck.   I think he did his best.   Chuck would have punted 10 out of 10 times.   That's ok.  Frank went for the win.  Give me the guy that wants the win

That’s respectable. 

We did have some awesome wins with Pagano as HC. I’ll never forget some of those games, like against Green Bay in 2012 or KC in 2014. 

• Like 1

Luck looked very solid today. Although his stats were a bit inflated because he threw the ball a ton, he did exactly what he was supposed to do, and I'm very happy about that. I knew Watt and Clowney would be all over him because of the Tackles' injuries, and I said it on the prediction thread. If he can do this the majority of his games, then we are back in good hands. Luck was solid, and the defense was pretty solid again, despite the points given up. Most of those were poor field position based on turnovers or punts deep in our end zone. 

I'm annoyed we didn't win this game, but Luck did his best, and the usual suspects on defense did well. We have a core moving forward, and once some injured players return, it'll be interesting. Just have to work with what we got for now. I love Hines in this game btw as well. He may turn into something and made me eat crow this game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck looked very solid today. Although his stats were a bit inflated because he threw the ball a ton, he did exactly what he was supposed to do, and I'm very happy about that. I knew Watt and Clowney would be all over him because of the Tackles' injuries, and I said it on the prediction thread. If he can do this the majority of his games, then we are back in good hands. Luck was solid, and the defense was pretty solid again, despite the points given up. Most of those were poor field position based on turnovers or punts deep in our end zone. 

I'm annoyed we didn't win this game, but Luck did his best, and the usual suspects on defense did well. We have a core moving forward, and once some injured players return, it'll be interesting. Just have to work with what we got for now. I love Hines in this game btw as well. He may turn into something and made me eat crow this game.

Yeah I hate being 1-3, we should be 4-0. To me it doesn't even feel like we are 1-3 I guess. I know we are but this season we have been very competitive and really are only 2 or 3 playmakers away from being Very Good if not Great. We need another WR that is at least equal to TY (that hurt losing him today), a Cover Corner that can be at least Good, and a LT that can protect Luck better. We probably won't go 9-7 like I thought but we aren't that bad right now either. Luck is definitely healthy, today proves that so we have our QB back. He isn't Great yet but Good enough to win SB's if we improve our team a bit more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I hate being 1-3, we should be 4-0. To me it doesn't even feel like we are 1-3 I guess. I know we are but this season we have been very competitive and really are only 2 or 3 playmakers away from being Very Good if not Great. We need another WR that is at least equal to TY (that hurt losing him today), a Cover Corner that can be at least Good, and a LT that can protect Luck better. We probably won't go 9-7 like I thought but we aren't that bad right now either. Luck is definitely healthy, today proves that so we have our QB back. He isn't Great yet but Good enough to win SB's if we improve our team a bit more. 

Luck and us Colts fans have kinda got a raw deal without Constanzo. It has hurt us so bad at LT. We are still a few players from being competitive in every game though as you said. It's nice seeing our defense get so many sacks every game. Very refreshing. We're getting certain aspects of the team down, now we just need to fix the remaining holes. Luck did quite amazing without Doyle (and Hilton for half the game it seemed). We just need another draft IMO. Luckily, the pick seems like it'll be decently high (which we need for another year, as this year seems like a 8-8 type year now). I think we are two years away from competing for the SB right now, but at least we'll have a chance as Ballard has seemed to draft correctly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck and us Colts fans have kinda got a raw deal without Constanzo. It has hurt us so bad at LT. We are still a few players from being competitive in every game though as you said. It's nice seeing our defense get so many sacks every game. Very refreshing. We're getting certain aspects of the team down, now we just need to fix the remaining holes. Luck did quite amazing without Doyle (and Hilton for half the game it seemed). We just need another draft IMO. Luckily, the pick seems like it'll be decently high (which we need for another year, as this year seems like a 8-8 type year now). I think we are two years away from competing for the SB right now, but at least we'll have a chance as Ballard has seemed to draft correctly.

Yeah we need another WR that is equal to TY, A Corner that can cover well, a LT that is big and mean LOL, and 1 more Pass Rusher that is legit. We may go 6-10 this year I hate to say it but we should be very competitive each week. In our 3 losses so far we have had a chance to win every game at the end.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

Could of, would of, should of. Fact is They lost. Now we get to look forward to another beating. Should be getting used to this by now. 

We may lose Thursday but I bet we don't lose by more than 7. Nobody has given us a beating yet, we have lost 3 close games. It is what it is, our future is bright and Luck is getting healthy so if you think this is a sinking ship than jump off. I see us being a Playoff team next year for sure with another Draft and Free Agency.