Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bell to the Colts? (Article/Rumour)

BleedBlue4Shoe86

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Jets don't have their second rounder because the Colts OWN the Jets 2nd rounder.

It's part of the trade back we made with the Jets in April.   Remember our trade back from 3 to 6. We got three 2nd round picks.    The Jets 2019 2nd rounder is the last part of the payoff.

Wouldn't it be ironic that they are trying to get him but we do with their pick.  How great would that be?  

• Like 2

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No matter what people think of Bell, If we had him we would be 3-0 right now IMO. Our Red Zone problems wouldn't be an issue because he can run and catch with the best of them. In the Red Zone, teams would have to worry about him like crazy.

He would be at least another weapon.   TY is our only true weapon.   I'm on board with getting bell.   Just not sure paying a running back 17 mill is the right move.   But he makes us better in the run game and passing game.   Also,  no more than a second.   Also may have to add some language in case he decides not to sign here next year

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He would be at least another weapon.   TY is our only true weapon.   I'm on board with getting bell.   Just not sure paying a running back 17 mill is the right move.   But he makes us better in the run game and passing game.   Also,  no more than a second.   Also may have to add some language in case he decides not to sign here next year

Yeah I agree with everything you said. I would love to have him. If we didn't have the Cap room to trade for him, I would say heck no! We have a ton of Cap room though. I would give up a 2nd for him. He has some wear and tear on him but is still only 26. We would be real dangerous with a weapon like him on the team.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Jets don't have their second rounder because the Colts OWN the Jets 2nd rounder.

It's part of the trade back we made with the Jets in April.   Remember our trade back from 3 to 6. We got three 2nd round picks.    The Jets 2019 2nd rounder is the last part of the payoff.

All part of Ballard's master plan. Send them Jets 2nd round pick.

With the 3rd pick of the 2018 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select:

Quenton Nelson

Braden Smith

Kemoko Turay

LEVEON BELL. 

Genius.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I agree with everything you said. I would love to have him. If we didn't have the Cap room to trade for him, I would say heck no! We have a ton of Cap room though. I would give up a 2nd for him. He has some wear and tear on him but is still only 26. We would be real dangerous with a weapon like him on the team.

I agree.   The contract after this year would be my only worry.   What a check down weapon he could be.   No team puts a lber on him coming out of the back field.   Should open things up a bit.   I doubt it happens.   But would be fun to watch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I agree.   The contract after this year would be my only worry.   What a check down weapon he could be.   No team puts a lber on him coming out of the back field.   Should open things up a bit.   I doubt it happens.   But would be fun to watch

We would have a true Big3 if it did happen in Luck/TY/Bell. It probably won't happen but you never know. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yes, if we trade for him and he leaves as UDFA next year, we would receive compensation for him.

The Patriots are a team that does is frequently. 

Probably do it with Josh Gordon as well.

Other examples - Jamie Collins traded for him then let him ealk for a 3rd round comp.

There are other instances to where they sign a guy to 1 year deal and let him walk to pick up picks. 

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Other examples - Jamie Collins traded for him then let him ealk for a 3rd round comp.

There are other instances to where they sign a guy to 1 year deal and let him walk to pick up picks. 

Revis I think

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The author is incorrect saying another team could sign him to a long term deal now.   

Well.......

I guess its time to eat some humble pie

Jvan1973......  You are RIGHT  I was WRONG.........

I admit it freely and am accepting (W.F.O.T.) Wrong Fan Opinion Therapy sessions, beginning on Thursday

This is what happens when you have limted time to research and you WANT something to happen that makes sense (At least to my mind)

Carry on......

I REALLY like our current stable of RBs.........  Who wants Bell anyway????

• Like 1

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

Well.......

I admit it freely and am accepting (W.F.O.T.) Wrong Fan Opinion Therapy sessions, beginning on Thursday

This is what happens when you have limted time to research and you WANT something to happen that makes sense (At least to my mind)

Carry on......

I REALLY like our current stable of RBs.........

No worries bud.   The news outlets aren't giving good info

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Well.......

Carry on......

I do :dunno:

We got dat cash money! :cash:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Well.......

Carry on......

C’mon, we all want Bell the player. We just don’t want 17 million dollar a year Bell or one year rental Bell. There is no doubt what he would do for the Colts offense.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

I don't think they give 1st or 2nd round comp picks. 

Not anymore, I thought it was still possible to get a second. If I remember correctly, a first rounder comp pick happened only once, when the Eagles lost Reggie White

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

I don't think they give 1st or 2nd round comp picks. 

Not anymore, I thought it was still possible to get a second. If I remember correctly, a first rounder comp pick happened only once, when the Eagles lost Reggie White

7 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

C’mon, we all want Bell the player. We just don’t want 17 million dollar a year Bell or one year rental Bell. There is no doubt what he would do for the Colts offense.

The last line was a bit tongue in cheek

I want him as well

But not for a year, for a 3rd round pick

I dont see ANYONE doing this 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

The last line was a bit tongue in cheek

I want him as well

But not for a year, for a 3rd round pick

I dont see ANYONE doing this 

I know it was, and I read all your posts in this thread. It’s a tricky situation, that’s for sure. 

I’m not opposed to spending some money, good players require it. I’m not opposed to spending a draft pick either....just not sure which one. 

End game...if Ballard can figure out a way to make it happen without really jepordizing too much of the future, I would be beyond thrilled. It’s just a tough situation to navigate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, w87r said:

I believe the Pats drafted Collins.   Pretty sure in the 2nd round.   In the 50’s.   Then traded him when he wanted more money than New England would pay him him.

3 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

I do :dunno:

We got dat cash money! :cash:

Do we?  We know we have Cap Space. True.  But cash? Aree we selling out the stadium?  Selling jerseys, merchandise, tc...  moving beers and brats etc...  That is good part of what gives a team cash.

44 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I would wait for him to be cut

He is already a free agent and cannot be cut.  He has an exclusive Franchise Tag on him, that he has not signed. The Steelers could rescind the tag, but they have said they will not. So he is locke din, for 2018... unless a major trade happens.

36 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Do we?  We know we have Cap Space. True.  But cash? Aree we selling out the stadium?  Selling jerseys, merchandise, tc...  moving beers and brats etc...  That is good part of what gives a team cash.

He is already a free agent and cannot be cut.  He has an exclusive Franchise Tag on him, that he has not signed. The Steelers could rescind the tag, but they have said they will not. So he is locke din, for 2018... unless a major trade happens.

Then i will wait for next year he as a year of fresh legs

You know what...forget about Bell.  Costs too much next year and if we have to trade for him this year he will cost valuable draft capital.  

I’m for going after Jay Ajayi next offseason as he will be an unrestricted free agent and won’t cost nearly as much. Frank Reich already knows him very well and the boy runs like a beast.  Imagine the Colts with a running back stable of Ajayi, Mack and Wilkins with Hines as the gadget type back in the Sproles role.  That is the way to go in my opinion.  We have the cap to make this happen.  Very practical and realistic way to significantly upgrade our run game. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

You know what...forget about Bell.  Costs too much next year and if we have to trade for him this year he will cost valuable draft capital.  

I’m for going after Jay Ajayi next offseason as he will be an unrestricted free agent and won’t cost nearly as much. Frank Reich already knows him very well and the boy runs like a beast.  Imagine the Colts with a running back stable of Ajayi, Mack and Wilkins with Hines as the gadget type back in the Sproles role.  That is the way to go in my opinion.  We have the cap to make this happen.  Very realistic way to significantly upgrade our run game. 

They traded for Ajayi and they are going to let him leave?  Only way that happens is if he's not happy in Philadelphia.  I don't see it.  Bell is far superior to Ajayi and worth the money which we have. 

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They traded for Ajayi and they are going to let him leave?  Only way that happens is if he's not happy in Philadelphia.  I don't see it.  Bell is far superior to Ajayi and worth the money which we have. 

Colts have the most cap room in the NFL.  Philly would be hard pressed to match what the Colts could pay him if Ballard is so inclined to sign him.

Bell is a finesse player. Ajayi brings a physicality that the Colts need. He diversifies our run game in a way that Bell doesn’t.  We already have Mack and Hines for finesse.  

The Colts have 51 Million in cap space left this year, who else,.... are they going to pay?

They could easily front load his contract this year with no drawback, and have him signed until he is 31, 

a 5 year deal for.... 80 million. 
40 gauranteed. 

as far as compensation for Pittsburgh,

Send a gaggle of picks like usual. 2nd in 19 and a 3rd in 20. 

ink it so we can make the playoffs this year. 

The guy is 26 years old, wear on his tires?

regardless of how you view him he is the 2nd best running back in the nfl over the past 3 years. 

a Proven commodity in his prime. 

I also do not understand why colts fans would not want a guy who can help the team win, also likes the colts to come here to win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvanPaulSmith said:

The Colts have 51 Million in cap space left this year, who else,.... are they going to pay?

They could easily front load his contract this year with no drawback, and have him signed until he is 31, 

40 gauranteed. 

regardless of how you view him he is the 2nd best running back in the nfl over the past 3 years. 

I also do not understand why colts fans would not want a guy who can help the team win, also likes the colts to come here to win. 

If they could make 4 years $60mil, $30mil guaranteed happen, I’d be all about it.

• Like 2

1----- Probably the best running back in the league

2----- Help us immediately

3----- We got the money

4----- I think Andrew would appreciate it 

5----- He wants to be here

To survive in this league, you got to have the talent.  

We are, and have been, paying Andrew big money to lead this team, and we have pretty much wasted his talent, and his health because of  the front office.  You can pick your poison, poor drafting, poor coaching, or combination of both.

We have a chance to sign an elite RB, which we need.

No denying Bell has baggage, but that is why we pay the coaches, it falls to them, it's coaching.  It's time to open the bank and get this team moving forward.

• Like 4

I would NOT want to mortgage the future to bring him in.  Would he help?  Absolutely.  But are there other ways to do it?  Absolutely.  Again, the guys a talent and would help the Colts immediately, not denying that.  But I think there is potential to upset the apple cart in the locker room, and that would not be good.  Who knows, maybe he'd be a good guy?  But do you want to take that $60M or whatever risk?  IDK.  Again, if he comes to Indy, I'll support him.  But if he's a malcontent and screws this young rebuild up, man...….

10 hours ago, EvanPaulSmith said:

40 gauranteed. 

You are falling int the trap that I fell into..........

Some of the good Colts fans on the forum helped straighten me out :)

We CANT do a long term contract...... during the year

I think he would be a great pickup, BUT..... I am very much cooling down to the idea

I also HATE to give up future top draft picks....... they are our lifeblood

If we could only give up our 3rd round pick.......  I would do it but not if its a for a one year rental...... which it COULD become.....

Here is a final point........  IF a deal is going to be done..... It would probably be done sooner vs later.......  IMHO if a deal doesnt get done in the next week, he is probably going to stay a Steeler for this year......  He gets a little less valuable every day that a trade doenst happen...

• Like 2

I just read on another site that the Colts only drew 58,000 fans to their home opener three weeks ago.  I don't know what the attendance projections are for this Sunday but if they are similar then you have an argument that could be made as an additional reason to sign Bell.  I think acquiring him made sense before I read about the poor attendance.  Acquiring him now in a close divisional race would generate huge excitement in Indy and I would expect help boost attendance for future home games.  It shouldn't be the deciding factor, of course, but I would think Irsay has to be thinking about the marketing impact he could have. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I just read on another site that the Colts only drew 58,000 fans to their home opener three weeks ago.  I don't know what the attendance projections are for this Sunday but if they are similar then you have an argument that could be made as an additional reason to sign Bell.  I think acquiring him made sense before I read about the poor attendance.  Acquiring him now in a close divisional race would generate huge excitement in Indy and I would expect help boost attendance for future home games.  It shouldn't be the deciding factor, of course, but I would think Irsay has to be thinking about the marketing impact he could have. 

Excellent point, and something I had not thought about.

With Burkhead on IR, and only the rookie Sony Michel with James White backing him up, I bet the Patriots pony up a 3 year deal for LeVeon Bell, all guaranteed at $45 mil. :( 

In return, they will give the Steelers a 3rd and a 5th/6th or something like that.

This is the Patriots' set of picks next year:

■ First round

■ Second round

■ Second round (from CHI)

■ Third round (from DET)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Fourth round

■ Fifth round

■ Sixth round (compensatory*)

■ Seventh round

■ Seventh round (from PHI)

■ Seventh round (compensatory*)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

With Burkhead on IR, and only the rookie Sony Michel with James White backing him up, I bet the Patriots pony up a 3 year deal for LeVeon Bell, all guaranteed at $45 mil. :( 

In return, they will give the Steelers a 3rd and a 6th or something like that.

The Steelers are not going to trade one of their best players to the Patriots. It’s just not gonna happen. That’s the equivalent of the falcons trading Julio Jones to one of their division rivals. They won’t do it because its gonna hurt them in playoffs/regular season

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

In return, they will give the Steelers a 3rd and a 5th/6th or something like that.

This is the Patriots' set of picks next year:

■ First round

■ Second round

■ Second round (from CHI)

■ Third round (from DET)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Fourth round

■ Fifth round

■ Sixth round (compensatory*)

■ Seventh round

■ Seventh round (from PHI)

■ Seventh round (compensatory*)

The Steelers would want far more than that.   Also,  the patriots don't pay running backs 

• Like 1