Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So the Steelers want this for Bell....

needanoline63

6 minutes ago, Calmack said:

*ic. Steelers have no leverage and the whole league knows. If he gets traded its for a 4th or lower. And a 4th might be pushing it. I personally would be okay with us offering a 4th or 5th for him, imo. 

Why? Why does anyone want to willingly bring this pain to their locker room AND pay something for it, like what? It makes no sense.  We can have this distraction free of charge in less than a year why in the name of sanity would you want to pay for it.  Nevertheless want it in the first place but I digress....

10 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Why? Why does anyone want to willingly bring this pain to their locker room AND pay something for it, like what? It makes no sense.  We can have this distraction free of charge in less than a year why in the name of sanity would you want to pay for it.  Nevertheless want it in the first place but I digress....

Because he's a phenomenal player? And this "pain" he brings is just a porduct of him wanting to be paid his actual worth. Blame the steelers team and media for blowing it up. Plus, a 4th or a 5th for Bell is not absurd. It will give us first dibs at contract negotiations and avoid a bidding war if he were a FA. Also, us fans would absolutely love to see someone of Bells caliber play for us this year, contenders or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calmack said:

Because he's a phenomenal player? And this "pain" he brings is just a porduct of him wanting to be paid his actual worth. Blame the steelers team and media for blowing it up. Plus, a 4th or a 5th for Bell is not absurd. It will give us first dibs at contract negotiations and avoid a bidding war if he were a FA. Also, us fans would absolutely love to see someone of Bells caliber play for us this year, contenders or not. 

Bell isn't a phenomenal player.  He's a great one but that's about it.  Everyone lives in this fantasy realm like Bell is some first ballot Hall of Fame player that can't be passed and he just isn't. 

The notion that the Steelers did him "wrong" is absurd.  They offered the highest contract in history to him when he didn't deserve it and he turned it down.  Yes the franchise tag is terrible for the game but Bell chose this path and is following through with it on the false notion that he's some above reproach running back.  He's not

And the proof is in the pudding.  Any back has success in PIT behind that talented oline. And then Bell himself isn't even a special runner.  He isn't a breakaway back he's a great pass protector and a great pass catcher but without the talent on the oline he will never be anything but an above average runner.  If you think that "caliber of a player" is worth the headaches and fantasy that he's above everyone else with a young locker room.... Well that's just silly.  He's worth a free agent pickup and about 5 million a year.  Due to free agency I'd be willing to give him an 9 million contract for a year or so but that's about as max as it gets for an overused over inflated runningback. Take into consideration the locker room environment we have and how impressionable they are no flipping thanks.  Keep him away.  Far far away. 

36 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Bell isn't a phenomenal player.  He's a great one but that's about it.  Everyone lives in this fantasy realm like Bell is some first ballot Hall of Fame player that can't be passed and he just isn't. 

The notion that the Steelers did him "wrong" is absurd.  They offered the highest contract in history to him when he didn't deserve it and he turned it down.  Yes the franchise tag is terrible for the game but Bell chose this path and is following through with it on the false notion that he's some above reproach running back.  He's not

And the proof is in the pudding.  Any back has success in PIT behind that talented oline. And then Bell himself isn't even a special runner.  He isn't a breakaway back he's a great pass protector and a great pass catcher but without the talent on the oline he will never be anything but an above average runner.  If you think that "caliber of a player" is worth the headaches and fantasy that he's above everyone else with a young locker room.... Well that's just silly.  He's worth a free agent pickup and about 5 million a year.  Due to free agency I'd be willing to give him an 9 million contract for a year or so but that's about as max as it gets for an overused over inflated runningback. Take into consideration the locker room environment we have and how impressionable they are no flipping thanks.  Keep him away.  Far far away. 

You're delusional about the type of player he is. And all your viewpoints are incredibly one sided and anti-Bell, for reasons I can only assume is extreme dislike for his personality. No point in discussing this any further. 

You act like we got a locker room full of ten year old's??  I just don't buy the excuse that somehow Bell coming here would have a negative affect on any of our current players.

42 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

You act like we got a locker room full of ten year old's??  I just don't buy the excuse that somehow Bell coming here would have a negative affect on any of our current players.

He is exremely anti Bell for reasons he's forcing himself to hold. Bell is a phenomenal player and his career has showed it. Anyone who denies that has something against Bell for unknown reasons. Hes only 26. Yes he has a lot of miles but he has youth on his side. Surge, since I assume you'll read this, the contract Pitt offered was an insult when you look at the guaranteed money, which is the only thing that matters when you want financial stability, which is simply what Bell wants. No one is acting like Pitt is the villain here. No one is. I simply understand why Bell wants a long term contract. As for saying he's worth 5 mil or 9 mil a year, ....I have no words. How you view a players value is entitely up to you. 

Bell is holding out til week 11 when he has to show up. We can’t sign him long term til after the season. So why is he going to play for us before when he won’t do it for Pitts? Then he may still leave for a bigger contract after the season. Any trade we only get him for like 6 games. That is not worth giving up nearly anything...especially when we may not even be in playoff contention. The reason no one is interested isn’t because he wants too much money...it’s because they can’t sign him to a contract due to the franchise tag rules...and he has already said he isn’t signing til he has to...he isn’t going to come and play next week if we sign him...he will still hold out and we probably lose him in the offseason.

44 minutes ago, Calmack said:

You're delusional about the type of player he is. And all your viewpoints are incredibly one sided and anti-Bell, for reasons I can only assume is extreme dislike for his personality. No point in discussing this any further. 

I'm delusional? K.  Even though I have facts and stats to support my case and that the Steelers dangled him on a string and no one batted an eye.  But hey I'm the delusional one lol.

My view points are one sided to one thing. Logic.  The one thing Bell isn't using in the terms of his contract situation.  If you assume that is anti-Bell more power to ya. 

Btw I don't like his personality.  But that has little merit on what's being discussed.  

2 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Apologies I forgot at 22-25 people are nature adults have everything figured out. Lol

He has an effect because his actions can be emulated.  People see someone throw a fit and get tons of money more will follow.  If you don't think that's a possibility well... 

11 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I'm delusional? K.  Even though I have facts and stats to support my case and that the Steelers dangled him on a string and no one batted an eye.  But hey I'm the delusional one lol.

My view points are one sided to one thing. Logic.  The one thing Bell isn't using in the terms of his contract situation.  If you assume that is anti-Bell more power to ya. 

Btw I don't like his personality.  But that has little merit on what's being discussed.  

Stats? Ridiculous. Thats the one thing you don't have. Show me Bells stats. 

Just now, Calmack said:

Stats? Ridiculous. Thats the one thing you don't have. Show me Bells stats. 

Bell's stats? Or the stats of the other backs who have been behind that talented line and produced?  Hell Fitzgerald Touissant looked like an actual RB behind that line and no one in the NFL has a clue who he is. Let's not forget about DAngelo Williams whom looked about 4 years younger behind that line with 10 plus TDs and over 4.5? Ypc and faded to nothing after.  They have a laundry list of no namers coming in and making a splash with nothing prior with the most recent now being James Connor who is also averaging 4 or so ypc and even better when they actually give them carries and averaging over 50 yards per game minimum (this might be higher I know he had about 200 in the first game) and that's with less than 10 carries in I think the 2nd week?  Hes also averaging 7 yards per catch also exactly the same as Bell.

Lol it's almost identical.. it would be shocking except I don't inflate Bell like most do. 

Just now, Surge89 said:

Bell's stats? Or the stats of the other backs who have been behind that talented line and produced?  Hell Fitzgerald Touissant looked like an actual RB behind that line and no one in the NFL has a clue who he is. Let's not forget about DAngelo Williams whom looked about 4 years younger behind that line with 10 plus TDs and over 4.5? Ypc and faded to nothing after.  They have a laundry list of no namers coming in and making a splash with nothing prior with the most recent now being James Connor who is also averaging 4 or so ypc and even better when they actually give them carries and averaging over 50 yards per game minimum (this might be higher I know he had about 200 in the first game) and that's with less than 10 carries in I think the 2nd week?  Hes also averaging 7 yards per catch also exactly the same as Bell.

Lol it's almost identical.. it would be shocking except I don't inflate Bell like most do. 

DeAngelo looked good. But he didn't have the impact Bell did. Toussant and Conner. Are you really using them as viable comparisons? What is their sample size? And what is Bells sample size? A player with consistently excelent production and elite impact being compared to players with a very small sample size, and solid but not elite produciton. Yeah your logic is reaching too far there. If both of those players show consistence and production like Bell then you can argue this. Toussant isnt even with them anymore. Surely they'd keep him if he was on Bells level. 

Just now, Calmack said:

DeAngelo looked good. But he didn't have the impact Bell did. Toussant and Conner. Are you really using them as viable comparisons? What is their sample size? And what is Bells sample size? A player with consistently excelent production and elite impact being compared to players with a very small sample size, and solid but not elite produciton. Yeah your logic is reaching too far there. If both of those players show consistence and production like Bell then you can argue this. Toussant isnt even with them anymore. Surely they'd keep him if he was on Bells level. 

So because they gave Bell all of the carries it nullifies the others? Lol k.

What about Conner? Given less than half the touches yet still producing exact same averages. I mean c'mon.  You want to inflate this guy to a gold jacket and I'm just saying he's a good player but that's about it. Especially when a guy in the same circumstance can give similar production.  There's alot more credit to give to that oline and the threat of AB than the abilities of Bell.  

8 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

So because they gave Bell all of the carries it nullifies the others? Lol k.

What about Conner? Given less than half the touches yet still producing exact same averages. I mean c'mon.  You want to inflate this guy to a gold jacket and I'm just saying he's a good player but that's about it. Especially when a guy in the same circumstance can give similar production.  There's alot more credit to give to that oline and the threat of AB than the abilities of Bell.  

Im sure your reasoning is far more flawed than mine. Why compare averages from such a small sample size? And last I remember the player who gets the carries is the better player. Im not giving him a gold jacket. Just discussing with you and actually baffled how you can say he's average and then point to other players who don't even and shouldn't even be compared, due to various factors, as examples. This is actually entertaining seeing you try to justify your claim. 

2 hours ago, Surge89 said:

Apologies I forgot at 22-25 people are nature adults have everything figured out. Lol

He has an effect because his actions can be emulated.  People see someone throw a fit and get tons of money more will follow.  If you don't think that's a possibility well... 

Not sure what there is to figure out, they make their living playing a game.  I am also unsure of this nature adult you speak of??  Just funnin with you man, but seriously, if you think 22-25 year old's are not mature adults,  I have to respectfully disagree.

We can all argue bout how  over or under rated we think Bell is.  The league will tell us know how good  he is by the size of  his next  contract and/ or  if anyone is willing to trade for him.  I don't think there is anyone  stupid enuff to trade a 2nd and a player. If u like him that much wait til he is a free agent next year.  Colts will have 3 high picks next year in the first 2 rounds.  Use one on a back and it is a lot cheaper 

50 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We can all argue bout how  over or under rated we think Bell is.  The league will tell us know how good  he is by the size of  his next  contract and/ or  if anyone is willing to trade for him.  I don't think there is anyone  stupid enuff to trade a 2nd and a player. If u like him that much wait til he is a free agent next year.  Colts will have 3 high picks next year in the first 2 rounds.  Use one on a back and it is a lot cheaper 

One thing we are good at is bargain basement shopping.

Yes I agree but we r in rebuild mode.  I fully anticipated before the season began that  we would b picking in the top 10 if not lower.  I can accept that as it is a great way of building your  roster. I fully expect us to be active in free agency next year.  Not sure wat tackles will b available but I think we will  make a play for one.  Next year, I believe will solidify our team .  I am pretty positive with regards to the future direction of this team