Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

But everyone was an advocate of not signing any FA WRs because it meant saving money. This is the result of the bargain shopping that Ballard is applauded for

You get what you pay for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Don't get upset at this... but this team could really use Phillip Dorsett right now.

Or Deon Cain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

But everyone was an advocate of not signing any FA WRs because it meant saving money. This is the result of the bargain shopping that Ballard is applauded for

 

But we did sign one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

But everyone was an advocate of not signing any FA WRs because it meant saving money. This is the result of the bargain shopping that Ballard is applauded for

 

Yeah, just like every 5th rounder has little chance to make the team.   You really need to look up the word hyperbole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

ok.  the offense really sucks.  got stuff to do.  later all.

 

Let me correct this for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Besides being a fan, what about this offense makes you think we can score and win this game

Im a fan.

 

But i also saw a proper drive to open the game today, have seen Frank Reich make proper adjustments this year, and have seen Andrew Luck down two scores plenty of times to know that they can win this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Besides being a fan, what about this offense makes you think we can score and win this game

 

Just don't turn it over and play steady.  The offense gave them all their points with turnovers and short fields.  The defense can hold them down and maybe get a turnover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DraftMaster said:

Can Andrew Luck finally carry this team? If he can't a decision will be looming...

 

Finally? Or do you mean since returning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Or Deon Cain!

Deon Cain would be our starting #2 right now. 

 

Dorsett looks good in NE. His speed would have been good in this scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this game is exactly why people "overreact" to plays like the Kelly fumble. It completely and totally shifts the momentum. And we've seen a lot of that this year, one mistake, or penalty, completely shifting the momentum in the other team's favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Can Andrew Luck finally carry this team? If he can't a decision will be looming...

Jacoby would be getting killed behind this line too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

But everyone was an advocate of not signing any FA WRs because it meant saving money. This is the result of the bargain shopping that Ballard is applauded for

I agree our fans dont want to spend any money this is true but I think Cain would have been very good and we lost him to injury sadly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It will be interesting to see if Frank can make adjustments but they have to execute better and stop the stupid mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts are still in this game in the second half,  and my congrats to Adam Vinetieri in accomplishing, and to being the all-time NFL leader in field goals made with 566 and beyond before halftime.   AV should  be in Canton!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Deon Cain would be our starting #2 right now. 

 

Dorsett looks good in NE. His speed would have been good in this scheme. 

 

Yeah the offense with Cain and a healthy Mack would probably be infinitely better.  Well that and two healthy tackles, haha ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

But we did sign one?

Yes a very cheap one, who is dropping passes and not getting open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bad T play is messing with Luck's timing right now. Hopefully they can neutralize this.

 

Still in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Besides being a fan, what about this offense makes you think we can score and win this game

Andrew Luck. He has always had the ability to comeback and put up points. His arm strength isn't an issue today either. Our O.Line has stunk it up so far is the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Don't get upset at this... but this team could really use Phillip Dorsett right now.

Maybe healthy but that was a problem as a Colt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IinD said:

The bad T play is messing with Luck's timing right now. Hopefully they can neutralize this.

 

Still in it.

Luck made some bad throws n choices also but I do agree we r still in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I agree our fans dont want to spend any money this is true but I think Cain would have been very good and we lost him to injury sadly 

We have no running game, if we had Bell we would be unstoppable on Offense. He can Run and Catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Can Andrew Luck finally carry this team? If he can't a decision will be looming...

Pffft...we just need him to carry the offense. We have a defense so he really doesn’t need to carry the team.  Just stop turning the ball over and gift wrapping touchdowns for the other team.  He isn’t solely to blame for our offensive struggles in this gane but he has to protect the football better than he has been. Especially near our endzone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, if they keep having drives like this it doesn't matter if the Texans don't score TD's, they can just run the clock and get a few FG's and probably win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Pffft...we just need him to carry the offense. We have a defense so he really doesn’t need to carry the team.  Just stop turning the ball over and gift wrapping touchdowns for the other team.  He isn’t solely to blame for our offensive struggles in this gane but he has to protect the football better than he has been. Especially near our endzone. 

The 1st Fumble wasn't his fault but yeah blame him for everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. It's more evident to me that what Polian said about this team not having much elite talent is easily visible today.

Injuries and minimal depth are problems. Luck isn't playing well either, though his "ball" doesn't look too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1st Fumble wasn't his fault but yeah blame him for everything. 

 

Yeah definitely plenty of blame to go around this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another killer penalty in long yardage distance.  As well as the D has played, they commit the worst penalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...