Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Agreed. Play to win. Most of this forum have been screaming about being too soft and not aggressive enough. I have no problem with the call, but the D got gashed. That shouldn't have happened. Should have triple teamed Hopkins

D was gassed and probably deflated after the offense failed to convert on that gamble.  I’m not upset with Reich.  I was hoping he would go for the win. 

• Like 1

I have no problem going for it. Just wish we went to Hines on a LB. Thats a long tough throw to the outside. All the people crying about ties the past month got their wish. We don’t play to lose or tie...we play to win. It’s a young team and I think that lesson will sit well with them.

Just now, Flash7 said:

What a game! What an effort from Luck and the offense in the second half! Although we lost, you have to appreciate what Luck did in this game...with so many drops by the receivers and no run game, he willed them back into the game.

Welcome back Andrew Luck.

i agree lol although theirs this little song playing in my head right now.. when you try your best but you don't succeed sigh

• Like 1

Good effort, we could be 4-0 right now, but we're 1-3, soon to be 1-4. Andrew had a career game but some turnovers didn't help. So here's a 3 round mini-mock draft to cheer us up:

7: R1P7

OT JONAH WILLIAMS

ALABAMA

38: R2P6

WR J.J. ARCEGA-WHITESIDE

STANFORD

39: R2P7

RB BRYCE LOVE

STANFORD

71: R3P7

CB CHAUNCEY GARDNER JR.

FLORIDA

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

It was a risky call, but not a bad call. Poor execution perhaps. 

If I were the HC I had chosen to punt, and draw...but that's me.

In Australia if your team did something like that you would literally be run out of town, so for me it is the mindset i have. I’d rather a tie than a loss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

I think that's been the mindset from the beginning.  They aren't just going to come out and say it though.  Spent no money in free agency at all , etc.. It's clear . 

That's the way I feel as well.  Someone made a good comment that this is pretty much just a LONG LONG practice session for next season lol.  

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Absolutely. But we arent. We needed to win. We had the defense gassed and on their heels. We needed a better play call. 

The play call was not even that bad, they just have to execute better.  They are in a tough spot with the Online in the shape it's in and the lack of depth.  The talent level on the team looks improved from last year, but it is not anywhere near what they need to be competitive for championships.

The coach’s line will likely be playing for the win, but in that instance, you’re giving up a point and causing a 2 point separation against a division foe. BAD, bad, horrible decision. 

IF you wanted to truly go for it, though, you do it the first time when Houston figured you’re just trying to draw them offside. At least then there’s an element of surprise. 

1 minute ago, kornstar said:

In Australia if your team did something like that you would literally be run out of town, so for me it is the mindset i have. I’d rather a tie than a loss.

That is because foreigners play soccer and rugby and are used to ties. Americans play to win the game. If we had more to play for maybe we play for the tie but this team is trying to build an identity...and I like playing to win...just wish it was executed better.

• Like 1

I'm 

2 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Good effort, we could be 4-0 right now, but we're 1-3, soon to be 1-4. Andrew had a career game but some turnovers didn't help. So here's a 3 round mini-mock draft to cheer us up:

OT JONAH WILLIAMS

ALABAMA

WR J.J. ARCEGA-WHITESIDE

STANFORD

RB BRYCE LOVE

STANFORD

CB CHAUNCEY GARDNER JR.

FLORIDA

If we're in the top 7 and don't get one of those DL , I'm gunna be real sad. 

3 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

OT JONAH WILLIAMS

ALABAMA

WR J.J. ARCEGA-WHITESIDE

STANFORD

RB BRYCE LOVE

STANFORD

CB CHAUNCEY GARDNER JR.

FLORIDA

Those turnovers where the difference in the game.  Also, that draft would not cheer me up.

8 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Regardless the outcome...proud of the effort.

Very much so..

..but we've always given the effort in recent years..

We didnt have lot of options...too far to run..TY and Doyle were out..I believe Ebron was too.

In a way Im glad we tried to win..but the smart thing in a division game would have been to take the tie.

Of course..a punt doenst necessarily guarantee a tie

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That is because foreigners play soccer and rugby and are used to ties. Americans play to win the game. If we had more to play for maybe we play for the tie but this team is trying to build an identity...and I like playing to win...just wish it was executed better.

I don’t watch soccer.

Rugby League though we have extra time in every game to prevent ties as well it’s just that when there is 20 seconds to go and your chance to tie is greater than a loss.....you’d take the loss.

i think I’m just more disappointed that we have Thursday night that we are going to lose and 1-3-1 is better than 1-4.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Very much so..

..but we've always given the effort in recent years..

We didnt have lot of options...too far to run..TY and Doyle were out..I believe Ebron was too.

In a way Im glad we tried to win..but the smart thing in a division game would have been to take the tie.

Of course..a punt doenst necessarily guarantee a tie

Pick 6 4 us?

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I’m sure he is just frustrated right now.  I wouldnt take such comments too serious after a loss like that. 

It hurts to lose..we all know that

We wait the entire offseason to see our team in games like this....

....In a strange way I'm glad Frank Reich feels secure enough to try what he did today.

I'm sure all the players were all for it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

It hurts to lose..we all know that

We wait the entire offseason to see our team in games like this....

....In a strange way I'm glad Frank Reich feel secure enough to try what he did today.

I'm sure all the players were all for it

It took guts to go for it.  I like the mentality. Just didn’t work out.  Had it worked and the Colts pulled out a win those complaining now would be singing an entirely different tune.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1