• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Remember Thurman Thomas and Kenneth Davis of the Bills. By having a top running game it opens up the passing lanes as well as the deep ball with play action. It can actually close down games with the 4 or 6 minute offense.   If we ran the ball as effectively the first 5 games as we did the last 11 we would have had a top running game.   I'm not sure we'll see anything that drastically different than last year actually in the running game except consistency from game 1...
    • I remember people being up in arms when Pagano made a similar statement.  People were saying we'd be wasting a generational QB if we became a running team.  Obviously, that never happened.   The difference now is that we have the Oline to be a better running team, which opens up the pass even more.   I won't say it's Frank's coach speak, but every team in the NFL wants to run the ball and play good defense.
    • I think she will be bringing her A game on 12/22.
    • I don't know if they will be forcing it, but it certainly sounds like improving the run game is one of the main focuses according to Reich's stated objectives. He keeps repeating it in pretty much every public appearance he's made this off-season. He also keeps repeating that the improved run game will help the play action game and the passing game in general. Every single piece of statistical analysis I've seen says there is zero evidence to support that old-time narrative. Better run game does NOT improve the play-action and passing success.  It goes the other way around - better passing game improves the run game.    The thing that keeps me optimistic is that I have not noticed this belief of Reich's negatively impact his playcalling... he seems very solid overall in this regard. He seems to have either pretty good help with game-to-game analytics, or his instincts are superb... or Luck is helping out... or some combination of all of those. I guess... I will say  - until I see it negatively impact the playcalling, it will be just a nervous annoyance with his public statements. 
  • Members

• J@son

J@son 7,100

• Scott Pennock

Scott Pennock 1,493

• stitches

stitches 5,218

• BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792 1,249

• CyberTwin

CyberTwin 33

Rookie