Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malik Hooker

NDcolt

So glad to get this guy back to start the season but anybody else notice he is a step to late to React?  We saw none of this in his rookie season but in 3 games so far, I keep seeing him drop his head in disgust after getting burned for a td!  Is it rust, trusting the knee or scheme?

Great point, so he’s improving from getting burnt deep to breaking up a pass which means a lack of playing time.  If Hooker becomes Hooker and Clayton becomes Clayton, along w/ Darious becoming a DMVP, the Colts could be back if AL & this Offense figures things out!  

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He did have the really breakup in the Eagles game.  Worth mentioning while you can play sooner than a year after a torn ACL most people think it takes a full year at least to completely recover from one.

I had the same concerns as the op...until that pass break-up. I think from that play forward he had an excellent game.

Yeah that tipped pass was a phenomenal, potentially game saving play.......if.... the offense could’ve managed to capitalize when they should have.  Great play though and shows what he’s still capable of.  He really zoomed in there to tip that.  I think he still shows the speed but will just need time.  

He will have PLENTY of chances to shine this Sunday against Fuller and Hopkins assuming they’re both playing.

• Like 1