Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Margus Hunt Doing His Thing. The Film Speaks

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Good piece on Hunt.  My biggest worry is when Autry comes back, Hunt will get fewer snaps.

He will get fewer snaps but I'd say he will have a higher chance at efficiency with hopefully more production more snap. 

That's the dream lol

• Like 1

Hunt has definitely proven his worth at this point, and should only get better, as the D on a whole gets more familiar playing together. This unit should become pretty “stout” in the next couple of years, with more draft picks and FA. Things are definitely looking bright in Naptown!

37 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Sucks he's 31 though. How many more years does he have of this type of play? 

He's also a free agent at the end of the year. It will be interesting to see what the Colts offer him.

• Thanks 1

Hunt starts DE, Autry starts 3tech. They'll be there together and inside together on 3rd and long. Autry plays DT on passing downs and Hunt moves to 3tech. That also brings in Turay at DE opposite Sheard. It's more exciting than taking snaps away from Hunt.

• Like 1

I'm sitting here watching Texans Extra Points and they took about 3-5 minutes to talk about Margus Hunt. And of course later on they switched to Darius Leonard. They said you got to know where that joker is at all times period. Spoke highly of him!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, egg said:

He's also a free agent at the end of the year. It will be interesting to see what the Colts offer him.

Since he's 31, I'd like to see him ball out for us this year, we let someone else sign him, and get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick like Moncrief. If we can start getting into a position where we get compensatory picks like GB, NE, DEN, and Baltimore, we'll be in great shape long-term.

• Like 1

@Jared Cisneros makes an interesting post...   Hunt is 31 and we might be inclined to let him walk and get a compensatory pick for him.

And even potentially losing Hunt, who I love,  a reminder that next draft looks historically great for DL.     I have us taking a DT and a DE with our first two top picks in no particular order.....   and that's with or without Hunt.

And if we decide to bring Hunt back,  I'm good with that too...   he might still have a lot of tred left on his tires...  he hasn't played that many snaps in his career.   He came to America not too long ago and is learning football late in life.   Hunt may still have a few prime years left in him...

• Like 2