Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Twitch all female announcing Team, Storm and Kremer

ColtsBlueFL

If you watch tonight's NFL football game via Twitch (or pick it from the Amazon Prime Video app), yo'ull get Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer as the announcing team.  Here is insight to how their version will play out-

(extracted from a NY Times article within this page: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/sports/thursday-night-football-andrea-kremer-hannah-storm.html  )

The release didn’t say, so who is doing play-by-play?

Storm: If you had to, you would say that I was doing play-by-play and Andrea is doing analysis, but I don’t think that you should be thinking of this in typical terms of the way that a broadcast is done.

We are a different option. This is a game from our perspective. We are going to do a lot of storytelling. We do not have charge of the video. You are going to see us talking about things that might not necessarily match the picture on the screen. There’s going to be a lot of conversations. We will have guests at times.

Kremer: We have watched a lot of football over the years, and I think there is a certain language of football that exists, and whether it’s A Gap penetration, cover-1, cover-2, cover-3, rub route, RPOs. Whatever it is, I think that this language of football exists, and you know, that’s not our language. Will we be explaining things? Will we be analyzing things from our perspective? Absolutely.

Storm: We are going to try to do what we do well, which is reporting, which is storytelling, which is putting things in perspective, and we are going to do it off of a world feed, off of Fox’s feed. We are not at the game, so if you are expecting to turn it on and see some of what you’ve been used to seeing, that’s not what is going to be happening.

Kremer: But you will be able to follow the game. We are not losing sight of the fact that there is a game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If you watch tonight's NFL football game via Twitch (or pick it from the Amazon Prime Video app), yo'ull get Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer as the announcing team.  Here is insight to how their version will play out-

(extracted from a NY Times article within this page: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/sports/thursday-night-football-andrea-kremer-hannah-storm.html  )

The release didn’t say, so who is doing play-by-play?

Storm: If you had to, you would say that I was doing play-by-play and Andrea is doing analysis, but I don’t think that you should be thinking of this in typical terms of the way that a broadcast is done.

We are a different option. This is a game from our perspective. We are going to do a lot of storytelling. We do not have charge of the video. You are going to see us talking about things that might not necessarily match the picture on the screen. There’s going to be a lot of conversations. We will have guests at times.

Kremer: We have watched a lot of football over the years, and I think there is a certain language of football that exists, and whether it’s A Gap penetration, cover-1, cover-2, cover-3, rub route, RPOs. Whatever it is, I think that this language of football exists, and you know, that’s not our language. Will we be explaining things? Will we be analyzing things from our perspective? Absolutely.

Storm: We are going to try to do what we do well, which is reporting, which is storytelling, which is putting things in perspective, and we are going to do it off of a world feed, off of Fox’s feed. We are not at the game, so if you are expecting to turn it on and see some of what you’ve been used to seeing, that’s not what is going to be happening.

Kremer: But you will be able to follow the game. We are not losing sight of the fact that there is a game.

I know you didn't mean to type hoe lol...I will just say I'm not sure I understand this new broadcast. Is it directed towards women who want a story with the game? I will say I did like watching the college championship game with the coaches analyzing the game as it was going on. That was brilliant...not sure this is the different people are looking for....but I wish them well!

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I know you didn't mean to type hoe lol...

LOL, fixed!!

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I will just say I'm not sure I understand this new broadcast. Is it directed towards women who want a story with the game? I will say I did like watching the college championship game with the coaches analyzing the game as it was going on. That was brilliant...not sure this is the different people are looking for....but I wish them well!

We'll see.  Some just want game facts and analysis - real time. Others want the back stories..  more fill. And also, with two females (though football knowledgeable), a different perspective.

18 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

At least we don't HAVE to listen to it, unlike that annoyingly voiced female play-caller the NFL shoved down our throats.

I watched the first half on Prime and it was Buck and Aikmen.   I watched the second half on FOX and it was Buck and Aikmen.   I thought it was going to be the all female crew.   I figured they were just late.

37 minutes ago, Myles said:

I watched the first half on Prime and it was Buck and Aikmen.   I watched the second half on FOX and it was Buck and Aikmen.   I thought it was going to be the all female crew.   I figured they were just late.

They were on Twitch, likely by default, I believe.  I also did Prime Video and Fox, and it, too, was Buck/Aikmen and crew on both. Come to find out, if you change languages on Prime Video feed, (to Storm-Kremer) you should have gotten their broadcast instead.

I think this holds true for all remaining Thursday games.

So the "Tim The Tool Guy" supporters are chiming in here. I think it is great and fits with all the female pros getting air time everywhere....finally. I would love to hear the broadcasts if some of our resident experts on this forum were behind the mic. But that might not work because "duh" is not a word.