TKnight24

Colts release RB Christine Michael

Hmmm:

Without an explanation, probably shouldn't speculate. However, the fact that they chose not to use him to any appreciable extent really defies logic.

Must be some other explanation for this move?

3 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Making room for Bell!!!! J/K...kind of

That's what I was thinking, until I realized Ballard never makes splashy moves :( 

• Like 5

I thought this would happen after the Houston game tbh, when Turbin returned. Surprised Ballard cut him a week early. Are we signing someone else (Bell!)? :) 

Might mean they expect Mack back this week and that gives them a buffer before Turbin returns the following week.

• Like 1

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Made room for the new DB

Bingo. 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Made room for the new DB

Probably right. It should also mean that Mack will play next week as well.

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Might mean they expect Mack back this week and that gives them a buffer before Turbin returns the following week.

This is what i think.

i am surprised he got NO touches last week tho.  I think he could have helped.  Especially late. It keeps nda bothered me when w had His nes in on short yardage:... especially when we were trying to score from the 10 or 5.  But what do i know?

5 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

That's what I was thinking, until I realized Ballard never makes splashy moves :( 

We can’t say that yet. Who all has he had a chance to make a splash for? Mack? That cost the Bears a heck-of- a lot. 

Im not sure how I feel about Bell. Obviously we could use Bell the player, and I’m tired of not having a solid running game, but let’s not pretend that there is no risk in signing Bell. If it was easy or a no brainer, it would be done already. Heck we probably wouldn’t be having the discussion because he would still be playing for Pitt.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Made room for the new DB

I know, I just wanted to stir the Bell pot!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Never,  in his barely over a season of moves?

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

This is what i think.

i am surprised he got NO touches last week tho.  I think he could have helped.  Especially late. It keeps nda bothered me when w had His nes in on short yardage:... especially when we were trying to score from the 10 or 5.  But what do i know?

This!

But what do I know, either...

They should have ran Michael against the Eagles but oh well.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

There is always a first time for everything.  Maybe this is Ballards Ah Ha moment. 

52 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I thought this would happen after the Houston game tbh, when Turbin returned. Surprised Ballard cut him a week early. Are we signing someone else (Bell!)? :) 

Maybe a sign that the needle has quickly moved to yes.   The silence is deafening.  

I can’t even imagine how Le’veon could play before 4 games after signing. So we’re at week 7 today at best. No way would I trade anything for that.

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

I can’t even imagine how Le’veon could play before 4 games after signing. So we’re at week 6 today at best. No way would I trade anything for that.

He is a world class athlete and among the best in the league.   He can run the ball and run routes and pass block.   He wouldn't be able to digest the entire playbook in a week,  but he could make plays.   My biggest concern is will he sign here next year after trading for him.   Plus.  He has a lot of miles on him

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He is a world class athlete and among the best in the league.   He can run the ball and run routes and pass block.   He wouldn't be able to digest the entire playbook in a week,  but he could make plays.   My biggest concern is will he sign here next year after trading for him.   Plus.  He has a lot of miles on him

Any pick for him is going to be a conditional pick, I almost guarantee it. Could also make it part of the deal where he has to agree to the new team. There's some ways to reduce the risk. That said, I'm not sure I'd wanna bring him in. In his own words, he's more interested in his music career at the moment

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Any pick for him is going to be a conditional pick, I almost guarantee it. Could also make it part of the deal where he has to agree to the new team. There's some ways to reduce the risk. That said, I'm not sure I'd wanna bring him in. In his own words, he's more interested in his music career at the moment

I haven't seen anything that says he is more interested in his music career than football.   Do you have a link?

7 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I haven't seen anything that says he is more interested in his music career than football.   Do you have a link?

It was brought up on Mike and Mike yesterday. I'll see if I can find the podcast. 

12 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe a sign that the needle has quickly moved to yes.   The silence is deafening.  

Or maybe the silence is because there is nothing to it.

This move is about Marlon Mack and nuttin else.

Its worth noting that Darrell Daniels has been waived by the Seahawks. I think we should add him and waive Hewitt who doesn't look good at all. Daniels was good during the summer.

2 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

Its worth noting that Darrell Daniels has been waived by the Seahawks. I think we should add him and waive Hewitt who doesn't look good at all. Daniels was good during the summer.

If he was good,   why did they cut him?