Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Margus Hunt Appreciation Thread

Colt Overseas

I know we are all down, but I think this guy deserves a thread of his own. It doesn't seem to matter if we put him at DE or the 3-tech DT, he just makes plays. Turning into one of my favorite players and is one of the main reasons our defense is playing so well.

His forced fumble and recovery today.

But thinking back, it was when we were backed up on our goal line in the 4th quarter was Hunt's best moment of the game. On first and goal, he jumped the ball and made a sack. One the next play he made a TFL. It saved us a TD in the end. 

Please sign in below :default_20smile: 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Playing well above my expectations. He's beasting it up out there. I thought Walker was playing pretty good. Then I watch him get ran over like a Mack truck heh. 

They'll probably be testing Margus on the plane ride back for peds. Lol.

Can't lie, I want to like Walker more then I do. Gets swallowed up at times.

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

They'll probably be testing Margus on the plane ride back for peds. Lol.

Can't lie, I want to like Walker more then I do. Gets swallowed up at times.

His already have his sample lol. Dude is wrecking people. Impressive for being 6'8. You'd think guys would be able to get under his pads for leverage but he's been playing lights out.

yeah some of those big runs were 50 getting rain over like a runaway train heh. He's not horrible. Just maybe not his strong suit

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Playing well above my expectations. He's beasting it up out there. I thought Walker was playing pretty good. Then I watch him get ran over like a Mack truck heh. 

Walker had a pretty good game from what I saw. I saw one play where he tried to make the play but got blocked well and wasn't able to arm tackle the rb.

This defense as a whole has been great! I love it. It's sometimes frustrating how easily they bend, but damn, they sure as hell are trying their hardest not to break and in most cases they succeed. 

Hunt, Leonard, Sheard, Walker...hell even Turay made some plays today. I thought this defense will be better than people anticipated, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good this soon. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

This defense as a whole has been great! I love it. It's sometimes frustrating how easily they bend, but damn, they sure as hell are trying their hardest not to break and in most cases they succeed. 

Hunt, Leonard, Sheard, Walker...hell even Turay made some plays today. I thought this defense will be better than people anticipated, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good this soon. 

yea the offense is the problem. two winnable games lost. We should beat the Texans if the defense continues to show up.

Hunt has been playing very well.  The other team has to double him or he makes a play.

Also to add to that, the CBs have been playing extremely well.  Most of the big passes that have been completed against the Colts have come in the middle of the field attacking the LBers and safeties.

Also, does anyone know why Franklin was starting SAM instead of Goode?

7 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Hunt has been playing very well.  The other team has to double him or he makes a play.

Also to add to that, the CBs have been playing extremely well.  Most of the big passes that have been completed against the Colts have come in the middle of the field attacking the LBers and safeties.

Also, does anyone know why Franklin was starting SAM instead of Goode?

I didn't notice Franklin was in.  Although I did think he or Adams should be starting there anyway.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I didn't notice Franklin was in.  Although I did think he or Adams should be starting there anyway.

Yeah, Franklin was the SAM on the entire opening drive.  I didn't look for him much after that.

Adams is the back-up WILL which is a good spot for him but I think he could fill in for either Leonard or Walker if need be.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hunt is playing his heart out.....

And to think a number of posters here wondered if and why we'd keep him at the 53 man cutdown date.     SMH.....

He's looked good at both end and tackle....     worth his weight in gold..

I eat crow too this guy is all over the place crazy good.

Thought Turay had a great game yesterday too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Wish I could go back and watch again.   Run defense was leaky I will say that.

Just an FYI, Franklin is listed as the starter in the gamebook as well. 

Yes it was, but the Eagles attacked the Cover 2 type D the way you need to attack it, at the outsides and zone blocking.  The o gets a numbers advantage, the CBs and safeties are dropping back and then the key is the closest LB, if the O gets him blocked or the RB makes him miss it's a good gain because it takes a while for the CBs and safeties to come up and make the stop.  it is a weakness is the cover 2 type D.  It's the difference between what Washington did, which was attack from outside shoulder of the tackle to outside shoulder of the tackle, vs what Philly did which was attack the outside shoulder of the tackle to the sideline.  Then when the Colts started pursuing hard they would run between the tackles or a counter.

All that being said the DC called a pretty good IMO.  He made nice adjustments kept them out of the end except the first drive of the game and philly's last drive (which the refs helped them a lot).  Gave up some yards

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He's been great. Too bad he's 31 and not 21.

Yeah...but he started football late correct?? So really he is just now learning techniques and hand placement and how to be a good player. I'd say he easily has a few more good years in him if he stays healthy. He definitely doesn't have a lot wear and tear.