Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something is wrong with luck.....

needanoline63

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

1. It's certainly a team game and definitely a lot of reasons for the outcome of the game. Having starting O-linemen out is an issue, without question.

2. The rain however, isn't an excuse. Missing starting receivers (TE) isn't an excuse either. Both teams played in the rain and both teams were missing their favorite targets. Wentz played well, while Luck did not.

3. Our defense kept us in the game, making it appear as though Luck had on one play from an upset. The fact is, this game reflected Luck's lowest yards passing and lowest YPA at 4.1. Statistically, this is among Luck's worst games. There's no way around that.

It isn't Lucks lowest yards passing.   And going deep is tough when your two starting tackles are out

• Thanks 1

The one person who has been honest so far this season and the months leading up to it is Luck himself. 

Go go back and watch his interviews. You will see that he has stated many times that he isn’t there yet. He still has his road to take for recovery. This means he’s going to have some bad games people. He probably doesn’t look right because the reality is he is not 100 percent. 

He just started throwing again in July. It’s still going to take time, and not the “knocking off the rust” kind. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

1. It's certainly a team game and definitely a lot of reasons for the outcome of the game. Having starting O-linemen out is an issue, without question.

2. The rain however, isn't an excuse. Missing starting receivers (TE) isn't an excuse either. Both teams played in the rain and both teams were missing their favorite targets. Wentz played well, while Luck did not.

3. Our defense kept us in the game, making it appear as though Luck had on one play from an upset. The fact is, this game reflected Luck's lowest yards passing and lowest YPA at 4.1. Statistically, this is among Luck's worst games. There's no way around that.

Flash..

The rain is a factor....and not having a ProBowl TE or either offensive tackle is an excuse.

Wentz was Ok but so was Andrew.

Yards per attempt is meaning less. He threw some away intentionally. A couple were missed if not dropped

Eagles won the Super Bowl last year and were the NFC's top seed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly...we cant use any play action and go deep with out a run threat or offensive tackles...

Luck battled to the end...I thought he played well considering the opposition and the conditions

This was one game on the schedule I gave us little chance of winning and we were one play away.....I'm disappointed but encouraged

This team will be fine.   I wasn't expecting greatness this year.   They will be competitive all season I believe.   A lot of close games that will come down to the final minutes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This team will be fine.   I wasn't expecting greatness this year.   They will be competitive all season I believe.   A lot of close games that will come down to the final minutes

I concur, keep the oentalties down and bone head plays this defense is a force for sure. I think the offense will continue to get better with time. I wouldn't be shocked if Lucks shoulder is bothering him from last 3 games. Hopefully it will be get better with time. Scary thing is we've still had a chance to be 3-0. We have some serious potential 

• Like 2

Ive said this the last couple weeks and I will say it again. Luck is holding himself back mentally and his self confidence isn't there yet. I would have pulled him already for a series? a quarter ect.  I'm not saying he is a bust or anything like that i really have faith in him. Having had my fair of injuries I can understand what might be going through his head. 

With the new offense and his new throwing techniques I think Luck is second guessing himself sometimes. 

But having said all this we could very well be 3-0 as well as 0-3 . Its the NFL (whats left anyways with all the new rules)  enjoy it while we can. 

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

I really don't like Brisset, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but yeah, with the performance of the defense, and the many turnovers they created,  combined with the improved coaching, and play calling from last year, he really might have won the game. 

You don't like brissett because of what?

9 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Y'all like Luck is sloppy and I'm just like dude, 2008 Manning when he missed the entire off-season.

Very good point.  Manning was 1-2 after three games.  He threw for 784 yards, 3 TD|4 INT with a overall 58% completion percentage.  

Luck through his first three games after missing a year and half.  1-2 after three games, 662 yards, 5 TD|3 INT with an overall 68.5% completion percentage.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Wentz had 2 turnovers, Andrew had none. They both had 25 completions. Wentz rushed for 10 yards, Andrew rushed for 33. Wentz had 6.8 yards per pass, Andrew had 4 yards per pass. Andrew 79.6 QBR, Wentz 84.9. I would say both had sub par games (mainly weather and injuries I would say), so what was the difference. 152 yards rushing for the Eagles, 68 yards rushing for the Colts. We had only 13 rushing attempts the whole game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Flash..

The rain is a factor....and not having a ProBowl TE or either offensive tackle is an excuse.

Wentz was Ok but so was Andrew.

Yards per attempt is meaning less. He threw some away intentionally. A couple were missed if not dropped

Eagles won the Super Bowl last year and were the NFC's top seed.

Ok ? Luck wasn’t even close to OK. That was awful QB play. Any other name and you would be screaming for the backup!

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Ok ? Luck wasn’t even close to OK. That was awful QB play. Any other name and you would be screaming for the backup!

Not watching the same game I was...…  25 of 40..164 against the defending champs

…...and a 33-yard run..?

Luck almost pulled it out at the end ..no interceptions...

without both tackles and the Pro Bowl tight end...

It excuse making to blame the QB. They're better We lost

2 hours ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Yeah something is wrong with his arm I hope it was just the rain but idk

Yeah, it doesn't look like his arm strength is back...he may never recover it...the enemy coach could be right that he is gonna be a Checkdown Charlie.

If that's the case, the opposing D's are gonna play him for the short passes and not have to worry about the long passes being either accurate or fast...plenty of time to catch up to the long ones on D.

We may need to draft a developmental QB next year.

7 minutes ago, Bshultz said:

Wentz had 2 turnovers, Andrew had none. They both had 25 completions. Wentz rushed for 10 yards, Andrew rushed for 33. Wentz had 6.8 yards per pass, Andrew had 4 yards per pass. Andrew 79.6 QBR, Wentz 84.9. I would say both had sub par games (mainly weather and injuries I would say), so what was the difference. 152 yards rushing for the Eagles, 68 yards rushing for the Colts. We had only 13 rushing attempts the whole game.

Exactly, B.

They had a running game..we didnt…

We have to use the short passing game until we get out O-line together.

No turnovers..25 completions...Luck gave us a chance to win

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Very good point.  Manning was 1-2 after three games.  He threw for 784 yards, 3 TD|4 INT with a overall 58% completion percentage.  

Luck through his first three games after missing a year and half.  1-2 after three games, 662 yards, 5 TD|3 INT with an overall 68.5% completion percentage.  

Those numbers are OK against 2 road games and 3 teams with a 2-1 record

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Not watching the same game I was...…  25 of 40..164 against the defending champs

…...and a 33-yard run..?

Luck almost pulled it out at the end ..no interceptions...

without both tackles and the Pro Bowl tight end...

It excuse making to blame the QB. They're better We lost

You don’t throw many interceptions when your throwing less than 4YPA. There is zero reason to worry about the Colts passing game at all. Heck or the running game. 

Can he recover? I hope so. But as it stands if his name wasn’t Andrew Luck based on performance he wouldn’t be playing. 

3 hours ago, MTC said:

Mentioned this in the chat, but Luck has no one to rely on except Hilton. It did not help that Doyle didn't play. 

Exactly right!  Luck has no top players with him beside T.Y.

Things would look a lot better with a few pro bowl caliber players at RB,

WR and TE.

And Ebron is not as good or reliable as Doyle...there's a reason the Lions let him go.

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

You don’t throw many interceptions when your throwing less than 4YPA. There is zero reason to worry about the Colts passing game at all. Heck or the running game. 

Can he recover? I hope so. But as it stands if his name wasn’t Andrew Luck based on performance he wouldn’t be playing. 

No turnovers against a soldi defense in the rian on the road.

I think you're searching for someone to blame for the loss...

Its what fans do..

If you think Andrew Luck poor play cost us this game, I think you're search for an excuse other than the obvious.

Eagles  are the NFL champs.

3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Sad but true...but Luck is still recovering while he plays.

7 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I said it in the pre-season and I’ll say it again now:  Brissett looked better.

I take no pleasure in saying it.  I’d love nothing more than for Andrew Luck to be back to form.  But I saw what I saw.

Luck has played well this season....,,Brissett is the backup..He played last year.

(and you saw what you saw..)

Neither was to blame for the Eagles holding the ball 11 minutes in the 4th quarter Sunday

Edited by oldunclemark

Luck was seen by all of Colts nation throwing 50 yarders in preseason practices.  Just not 60-65 yarders....Brisset can do that...you guys look to hard into something to TRY to find blame.  WE as a team on offense just didn't do well in a VERY hostile environment (Lost like 1 game there in past 2 years or something) against a top 5 defense, In REALLY crappy weather.

And yet we were 4 yards from winning.  Maybe you all should be excited about how the TEAM as a whole has played so far.   Did ANYONE in this forum think we'd be 4 yards from beating the Eagles this game, 3 months ago?....If you say yes,...you lyin. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

tom brady would go 19-0 with this defense. Offense needs to step up.

1 minute ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Luck was seen by all of Colts nation throwing 50 yarders in preseason practices.  Just not 60-65 yarders....Brisset can do that...you guys look to hard into something to TRY to find blame.  WE as a team on offense just didn't do well in a VERY hostile environment (Lost like 1 game there in past 2 years or something) against a top 5 defense, In REALLY crappy weather.

And yet we were 4 yards from winning.  Maybe you all should be excited about how the TEAM as a whole has played so far.   Did ANYONE in this forum think we'd be 4 yards from beating the Eagles this game, 3 months ago?....If you say yes,...you lyin. 

Tell 'em Lawrence..

I was encouraged by today......I thought Andrew played well..considering our injuries and the competition...

No turnovers. he.gave us a chance to win

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

tom brady would go 19-0 with this defense. .

Calm down Stephen......and get a designated driver

I think Luck is fine. Might still be a small bit of cobwebs there maybe. I will just say this. He, Sirriani, and Reich along with the rest of that offensive unit need to really get together and hone in on how we can be much more effective in the red zone. That's 2 games with multiple trips in the red zone and we are terrible at coming up with any TDs. You can't blame Lucks arm for that. Youre talking 10-20 yards away from picking up 7pts.  We've missed about 28 points down there. We should be 3-0. The issue needs to be fixed.

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No turnovers against a soldi defense in the rian on the road.

I think you're searching for someone to blame for the loss...

Its what fans do..

If you think Andrew Luck poor play cost us this game, I think you're search for an excuse other than the obvious.

Eagles  are the NFL champs.

Luck can't throw and catch it to. those drops in the redzone plus some bone headed penalties on defense cost us the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Tell 'em Lawrence..

I was encouraged by today......I thought Andrew played well..considering our injuries and the competition...

No turnovers. he.gave us a chance to win

Calm down Stephen......and get a designated driver

lol All I'm saying is this defense has been great enough to win every game we played so far, but do to sorry offensive performance, drops, turnovers, and penalties we are 1-2 instead of 3-0

Just now, Stephen said:

lol All I'm saying is this defense has been great enough to win every game we played so far, but do to sorry offensive performance, drops, turnovers, and penalties we are 1-2 instead of 3-0

..and you must be watching some other team.

Our defense has been OK......the Bengals and Eagles rolled on us late...if we're being honest

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Stephen ..they drove 11 minutes on us to win the game in the 4th.

Did you see the game?   were you watching Tiger?

it's a bend don't break defense and it had us in position to win twice. Doyle fumble ruined one. Poor redzone performance ruined this one. I won't even get into the questionable penalties especially the one on 2nd 26 that extended their game winning drive after we had them stopped.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

yea he would. This defense has had us in every game. If Brady had that with gronk and company they'd go undefeated.

Oh my goodness.   This is a young group.   Did you see all the penalties they committed today?  They were great,  for the most part on first and second down,  then blew it on third down.   The plus is that can be fixed.   Tons of talent on this defense.   The offense will get it figured out.   My idea.   Put Luck where the punter stands on 3rd and long

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

..and you must be watching some other team.

Our defense has been OK......the Bengals and Eagles rolled on us late...if we're being honest

If doyle doesn't fumble we win. If the offense put tds on the board after the defense gave them the ball twice in the redzone we win. The d is playing its heart out. The offense is not playing with the same intensity as the D

• Like 1

Oh my goodness.   This is a young group.   Did you see all the penalties they committed today?  They were great,  for the most part on first and second down,  then blew it on third down.   The plus is that can be fixed.   Tons of talent on this defense.   The offense will get it figured out.   My idea.   Put Luck where the punter stands on 3rd and long

Keep drives alive more than once

Luck should have never got a snap under center against the eagles D line. It was a dumb move