Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something is wrong with luck.....

needanoline63

1 minute ago, BlueCollarColts said:

There NEEDS to be more deep stuff. I'm fine with the dink and dunk, but that can't be what you exclusively run and it's what we tried to do this game. Also HATED lining Luck up under center on that 4th and goal.

Right, defense is just sitting on the short % because that's all we're doing.

10 completions for 35 yards in the first half. That's unbelievable. Unacceptable.

• Like 2

Dink and dunk keeps Luck safe.  How many times was he sacked?  This oline and Philly's dline was not a good combo for Luck to throw long.

As far as accuracy.  He never has been the most accurate thrower on crossing routes.  A dink and dunk O requires YAC, which requires the QB to hit the receiver in stride...not behind him, or on his hip, or over his head.

• Like 1

Damn, how I love all the praise the Colts get before the game then like some of you drank the evil witches potion turn in to Colts haters when the game is over. News Flash!! The Colts have work to do. Frankly, I thought they stood no chance going in to Philly. They almost made me eat crow.

• Like 6

The playcalling and lack of run gm is an issue. I didn't like the playcalling vs wash,but they won. How do u not run on 3rd and 3 if u know you're going for it on 4th and 3. Then that formation where philly knew they weren't running on 4th and 3. Just horrible offense. Maybe Frank needs to give up playcalling. 

Oh, luck is done. All of u give Pagano another yr people have nobody to blame but yourselves. 

Our luck he'll end up on the Broncos and win a super bowl next yr. 

Just now, DougDew said:

Dink and dunk keeps Luck safe.  How many times was he sacked?  This oline and Philly's dline was not a good combo for Luck to throw long.

As far as accuracy.  He never has been the most accurate thrower on crossing routes.  A dink and dunk O requires YAC, which requires the QB to hit the receiver in stride...not behind him, or on his hip, or over his head.

thank you. 

BACKUP TACKLES! Read it folks. We have played 3 top tier defensive lines to start the season. We cannot throw the deep ball much without exposing Luck. The dink and dunk game has given us a chance to be 3-0 right now. That is enough. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed. I lost a lot of faith in both Rogers and Ebron 

Except Ebron was wide open for a TD and Luck missed him. Threw an underthrown dart for no reason allowing the defender to make a play.

Rogers dropped it. But he is what he is. Just a guy, nothing special.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Brissett would have won this game! Luck has a noodle arm.

Luck had velocity on a few passes on the last drive.  I think his 'touch ' passes throughout the game was more because of the slippery conditions than anything.

Also on a side note, Luck had time most of the game to throw.  he waited on a lot of passes just to do check downs to RB's.  Clark did have a suspect day though. gave edge pressure too many times. 

Good came in after Haeg got hurt.  Played well, then Haeg came back in, only to be replaced by Good a second time.  Take that as you will.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Except Ebron was wide open for a TD and Luck missed him. Threw an underthrown dart for no reason allowing the defender to make a play.

Oh you mean the one that still hit him in the hands and then the breadbasket?!? Hell, dude dropped a pass in a wide open field. Funny thing is that's their darn job.....to catch the passes. Hard ones, easy ones, whatever ones they can. Not just the perfectly thrown, perfectly timed ones. 

Just now, Pelt said:

It wasn't Luck's fault that the defense, yet again, committed another costly, and stupid, penalty in the 4th quarter when we had them in a long situation. That is what is what's making me pull my hair out right now.

Lol blame this game on the defense. Hilarious.

They got two turnovers setting the offense up to score and had to play all day because offense couldn't stay on the field. 

Additionally, these referees really wanted to be involved in this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think it’s more than just keeping him safe. His arm strength is not there. That final drive proves it. He may get it back and he may not. 

• Like 1

Just now, deedub75 said:

He’s lost a bit of zip each week.  It’s kind of sad that on the last drive he was reduced to short passes and then Brissett had to be brought in. 

He threw short because the DBs were 35 yards down field.   JB has a cannon,   no reason for him not to throw it.   Don't want to take the chance of luck getting killed waiting for the wrs to get to the endzone 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh you mean the one that still hit him in the hands and then the breadbasket?!? Hell, dude dropped a pass in a wide open field. Funny thing is that's their darn job.....to catch the passes. Hard ones, easy ones, whatever ones they can. Not just the perfectly thrown, perfectly timed ones. 

The one where the defender was able to make a play because Luck made an awful throw. I mean that one. It should have been uncontested. Terrible throw. Defend him all you want. You can argue Ebron could have still caught it but it was not a "drop". It was a horribly placed ball.

Funny thing is, it's the QB job to make an extremely easy throw. Which he didn't.

The one where the defender was able to make a play because Luck made an awful throw. I mean that one. It should have been uncontested. Terrible throw. Defend him all you want. You can argue Ebron could have still caught it but it was not a "drop". It was a horribly placed ball.

Was a late throw and behind. But Ebron makes pretty darn good money to catch.......footballs

But that's not a shoulder injury issue.  Luck has never been supremely accurate in that way.   Some other NFL QBs have been much more consistently accurate in placing the ball where it needs to be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Damn, how I love all the praise the Colts get before the game then like some of you drank the evil witches potion turn in to Colts haters when the game is over. News Flash!! The Colts have work to do. Frankly, I thought they stood no chance going in to Philly. They almost made me eat crow.

Yeah same here, after that first drive I'm like welp, good game lol.  I was actually impressed that the Colts blew so many opportunities and still played a very competitive game.  I'm pretty sure no one picked us winning this game from a media standpoint.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MTC said:

I blame Reich's playcalling over Luck's performance. 

This is one side of the coin. There were a few calls that were too cute in critical spots.

Luck didn't look sharp though and his ball didn't look great at all today. Looked forced and slow. The red zone offense makes me nervous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we could be 3-0 but I like what I see. I have no doubt we beat Houston. We just have to wait a week to be happy again. After that win we will be 2-2

Jags lost and so did Houston so it is anybody's division from the way they are all playing.

• Like 2

All I know is if I am Luck I am upset as the undermines my credibility as the QB of this team and causes a circus around whether I am good or not.  That was a huge mistake by the staff and is unacceptable, you have essentially cause a media storm and said you are not confident in Andrews ability to throw on that hail Mary play regardless of what his health is. 

I like where the team is headed but that was just a bad decision and very disappointing and shakes my faith in this staff from a leadership perspective.

Just a really bad look from an otherwise decent showing against the SB champs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

We all know the answer but refuse to say. Stay tuned .

I'll say it. Yes, he is what I thought he was.... and I let him off the hook.

I like the kid as a person from what I know about him.  But, I suspect what you see is what we'll get.   Move on.

• Like 1

luck is definitely in trouble, he throws behind receivers way too many times we could have won this game easily if Brissett played. I'm tired of the rusty comments. Luck has to get his head straight and quit playing like he's a rookie. I love the guy everyone here knows I do but he was just pathetic today and there's no denying it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Not blaming the defense. Said "costly". 

Reading comprehension is your friend.

And it did prove costly, as it occurred on their go head touchdown drive.

Hmm, well it's "costly" when you throw for 4.1 ypa and can't stay on the field. It's "costly" when you can't convert two turnovers in the red zone to TDs. It's "costly" when you drop and miss TDs passes. It's "costly" when your defense is on the field all day because your offense can't sustain a drive.

This game was lost by the offense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Im not trying to be a downer but Luck's velociy and arm strength is definitly not what it once was. Hung several balls out to dry. Not to say he cant get it back but diminished arm strength is a real possibilty for anyone with that surgery.

Is that the prognosis? Could he perhaps just need some time to get back all of his arm strength or could it be that he'll never get it back?

I know nothing about what surgery he got