Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something is wrong with luck.....

needanoline63

Just now, Stephen said:

If doyle doesn't fumble we win. If the offense put tds on the board after the defense gave them the ball twice in the redzone we win. The d is playing its heart out. The offense is not playing with the same intensity as the D

Where to start

1. Reich runs the Pederson Offense

2. Philly has a top D under Schwartz

3. Game was in Philadelphia  

4. Injuries, Injuries, Injuries

5. It is just a game and everything will be okay

3 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

Luck shouldve had 3TDs today atleast that drive we took it inside the 5 with a chance to win he hit some big throws gave us a chance to win not many qbs can drive a team down with 2min left and give a legit scoring opportunity to win

Uh, his career is heavily littered with comebacks from behind against defenses dropping back in their zones. Right? You know this right?

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Where to start

1. Reich runs the Pederson Offense

2. Philly has a top D under Schwartz

3. Game was in Philadelphia  

4. Injuries, Injuries, Injuries

5. It is just a game and everything will be okay

despite injuries both games were winnable.

All the pressure on this young defense all game and they had one very unfortunate series in the 4th quarter that was aided by some questionable home cooked reffing.  They played more than well enough to win today if we had a competent offensive performance to complement them which we did not get today.  They set the offense up with good field position off of turnovers a couple of times and all they could muster were 2 FG's. 

3 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

Pathetic game first of all. The offense is in disarray, the OL still can’t pass block. And I think lucks shoulder is bothering him

Y'all forgetting a few things here nah 

1) Luck has not played damn football in a while 

2) only TY and Doyle are here from when he was last on the field - a lot of new guys to build chemistry with. 

3) Luck is learning a new offense - it takes time

4) Luck was throwing downfield regularly - just the receivers weren't making the catches. 

5) If the endzone passes weren't dropped would y'all have even made this thread? ain't Luck's fault. 

6) I don't think any of y'all realise how wet it was today. I was in Philly and it was soaking. 

Peace out y'all  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

All the pressure on this young defense all game and they had one very unfortunate series in the 4th quarter that was aided by some questionable home cooked reffing.  They played more than well enough to win today if we had a competent offensive performance to complement them which we did not get today.  They set the offense up with good field position off of turnovers a couple of times and all they could muster were 2 FG's. 

You must remember that the person who “created” Reich’s O was one the other side

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If doyle doesn't fumble we win. If the offense put tds on the board after the defense gave them the ball twice in the redzone we win. The d is playing its heart out. The offense is not playing with the same intensity as the D

Stephen..you're trolling...we led Cincy 23-10 and they scored 17 in a row..

Eagles held the ball 11 minutes on the game-winning drive today...Our 'D' has not been great

Our defense has done what they can do with limited talent and experience..

So has our offense...

I ask again. Did you watch todays game?

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You must remember that the person who “created” Reich’s O was one the other side

Ok good point.  What about last week?  I guess its because the Redskins are used to facing the Eagles offense too?  That may be all true but doesn't account for how wobbly and unsharp Luck's passes were looking today.  Or why some of his throws were behind guys.  Granted our receivers didn't help him out that much today either. 

Ok good point.  What about last week?  I guess its because the Redskins are used to facing the Eagles offense too?  That may be all true but doesn't account for how wobbly and unsharp Luck's passes were looking today.  Or why some of his throws were behind guys.  Granted our receivers didn't help him out that much today either. 

A little thing called rain

It is never a fun thing to throw, catch, snap or kick in that weather

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Stephen..you're trolling...we led Cincy 23-10 and they scored 17 in a row..

Eagles held the ball 11 minutes on the game-winning drive today...Our 'D' has not been great

Our defense has done what they can do with limited talent and experience..

So has our offense...

I ask again. Did you watch todays game?

How am I trolling if Doyle holds on to the football we win. It doesn't matter what else happened. That play was the nail in the coffin for that particular game. Today the defense created two turnovers that got us the ball in the redzone and the redzone offense blew it. That is why we lost. That and some questionable penalties and even one play where the eagles wr had a foot out of bounds but they called it a first down

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It wasn’t today only,  it’s been all three games. I honestly think this explains why we didn’t do much in FA. It’s a year for Andrew to heal and get back. 

All I am asking is if Bert Jones 2.0 can get back to a semblance of what he was .

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

How am I trolling if Doyle holds on to the football we win. It doesn't matter what else happened. That play was the nail in the coffin for that particular game. Today the defense created two turnovers that got us the ball in the redzone and the redzone offense blew it. That is why we lost. That and some questionable penalties and even one play where the eagles wr had a foot out of bounds but they called it a first down

Nothing you can do about so it is pointless to dwell on it

Just now, deedub75 said:

Brissett could have been in that entire drive and that would have given us a better chance. 

At the very least we would have been able to challenge the Eagles down field a little more often during that last drive instead of relying solely on sideline out patterns.  I don't really think the end results would have been much better since the Eagles were playing back to whole time.  We blew our real chance at a win when Luck ate that sack on 4 and 3 the series before.

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

It wasn’t today only,  it’s been all three games. I honestly think this explains why we didn’t do much in FA. It’s a year for Andrew to heal and get back. 

All I am asking is if Bert Jones 2.0 can get back to a semblance of what he was .

Not happening here

That was Arians and Chudzinski

At the very least we would have been able to challenge the Eagles down field a little more often during that last drive instead of relying solely on sideline out patterns.  I don't really think the end results would have been much better since the Eagles were playing back to whole time.  We blew our real chance at a win when Luck ate that sack on 4 and 3 the series before.

Different O and Backup OT

9 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Brissett could have been in that entire drive and that would have given us a better chance. 

I disagree 100%, I am logging off after this. That is a ridiculous Post. Yeah lets play him the rest of the year. I really dislike this place after a loss, a loss that was going to happen anyway because we were playing the SB Champions at their place and we barely lost. The REFS cheated us too but you don't care, just show up when we lose. You didn't Post all week this week , why? Because we won? When we beat Houston next week, I fully expect you to be here to praise Luck but you wont be here because you only show up when we lose. Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

Is that the prognosis? Could he perhaps just need some time to get back all of his arm strength or could it be that he'll never get it back?

I know nothing about what surgery he got 

I remember a similar situation with Manning when he was in Denver. They needed a hail mary and Manning was dinking and dunking just like Luck today.  The commentators knew Manning couldn’t make the deep throw and they were wondering if Osweiler would be brought in to make a Hail Mary throw. I don’t think Manning allowed them to do it. 

Is that the prognosis? Could he perhaps just need some time to get back all of his arm strength or could it be that he'll never get it back?

I remember a similar situation with Manning when he was in Denver. They needed a hail mary and Manning was dinking and dunking just like Luck today.  The commentators knew Manning couldn’t make the deep throw and they were wondering if Osweiler would be brought in to make a Hail Mary throw. I don’t think Manning allowed them to do it. 

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A little thing called rain

It is never a fun thing to throw, catch, snap or kick in that weather

Ok lol.  We are gonna see soon enough.  Eventually you guys will run out of excuses if Luck really isn't right.  We play in a weather proof dome at home next Sunday against a team who doesn't know the Eagle offense intimately.  Luck better throw for more than 200 yards or  you guys will be scrambling for answers.  lol

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I disagree 100%, I am logging off after this. That is a ridiculous. Yeah lets play him the rest of the year. I really dislike this place after a loss, a loss that was going to happen anyway because we were playing the SB Champions at their place and we barely lost. The REFS cheated us too but you don't care, just show up when we lose. You didn't Post all week this week , why? Because we won? When we beat Houston next week, I fully expect you to be here to praise Luck but you wont be here because you only show up when we lose. Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Facts are we have a QB who is at 5.3 YPA.  That is typically the average of some of the worst Qb’s normally. So if we beat Houston, it will only happen if he is around 6.5YPA

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

You didn't see why we lost..

They drove 11 minutes on us in the 4th quarter..we werent great but we weren't bad

…..Don't blame anybody...we lost to the NFL champs by 4...…...

No need for crying..No need for scapegoats....

on to Houston

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ok lol.  We are gonna see soon enough.  Eventually you guys will run out of excuses if Luck really isn't right.  We play in a weather proof dome at home next Sunday against a team who doesn't know the Eagle offense intimately.  Luck better throw for more than 200 yards or  you guys will be scrambling for answers.  lol

:funny:

you just said that you will laugh when AL is hurt 

I am talking from personal experience  

I have played/practiced/coached in bad weather and know what is like to trip and grip a wet Football

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

Facts are we have a QB who is at 5.3 YPA.  That is typically the average of some of the worst Qb’s normally. So if we beat Houston, it will only happen if he is around 6.5YPA

Fuller and Hopkins. Wonder how this D will do versus them

Statistically Luck is mediocre right now.  Not dissing but those are just facts.  12 has got to step his game up.

LOL enjoy, this place is really disappointing after a loss. We lost by 4 points against the SB Champs. Yeah ok. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Todays answer is that we played the NFL champs on the road.

We played OK on offense and defense....we made n turnovers and could have won on the final play ..

..They are better than we are.

On to Houston.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

:funny:

you just said that you will laugh when AL is hurt 

I am talking from personal experience  

I have played/practiced/coached in bad weather and know what is like to trip and grip a wet Football

No I didn't.  I'm laughing at you all doing back flips to avoid criticizing Luck.  I'm willing to concede your points today and see how he looks next week under favorable home conditions.