Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something is wrong with luck.....

needanoline63

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Really? It was a 65 yard hail Mary! They feel Brisset's arm is stronger right now... They didn't put Brisset in for the game winning drive for God's sake. Get a grip.

You completely missed the point of the post........It is a BAD look and undermines AL period.....You might want to think big picture............I dont think anything is wrong etc. but that was bush league...........I actually really like where this team is headed and I think next season we will be a force but that was unnecessary we werent going to win without a lucky throw anyway...........You are so wrong on this.  NUFF SAID enjoy your day

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Trust they will.  Only thing the national media will say about the Colts performance today is how a Luck threw for under 200 yards for the second week in a row and had to be lifted for the final Hail Mary attempt with the game still on the line.  There will be a frenzy of shoulder questioning. 

And rightfully so. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Yea because he did a lot of that last year.......

I really don't like Brisset, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but yeah, with the performance of the defense, and the many turnovers they created,  combined with the improved coaching, and play calling from last year, he really might have won the game. 

10 minutes ago, IinD said:

Ok. No problem. Get back to your full blown panic, I'll leave you alone.

1. I'm a fair, level headed poster. Please see my posts and try to point out where I'm in full blown panic mode.

2. You didn't provide a strong argument and I pointed out the flaw in your argument. Please don't take it personal. (Not meant at all as a put down).

3. Like you , I want the Colts to win, but I can't take solace in thinking that due to the rain, Luck played horribly while Wentz did not; rather, I think that Luck has been playing poorly over the last few weeks and today's result is his lowest ypa of his career (4.1 ypa) and the lowest passing yards of his career. Last weeks performance was also alarming.

54 minutes ago, MTC said:

Mentioned this in the chat, but Luck has no one to rely on except Hilton. It did not help that Doyle didn't play. 

Hilton is our main guy but I have to disagree. Grant has actually shown to be reliable. Catches most everything and can actually get some yac, unlike TY. Rodgers drop in the endzone was more on AL. Feet were crazy awkward and was off target. A 6'4 Ebron should box out any defender in the end zone but again think it was poor placement by AL.  Not sure of red zone play calling, easy for me to say though. 

54 minutes ago, MTC said:

Mentioned this in the chat, but Luck has no one to rely on except Hilton. It did not help that Doyle didn't play. 

I disagree. I don't think he had any drops. Luck made some good plays but had some bad throws as well. Also, it's sad when your QB has more rushing yards than your running backs. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

The last full length drive with 3 minutes left shows Luck is fine.  The play calling up until then was suspect.  I get the rain played a part, and the fact the game was close the entire time. (Defense played their tail's off.) When we NEEDED Luck to make plays,..he did.  Barnett should have never gotten the edge.

However, with all the help to the right, and the game on the line, I feel the play should have been designed to roll that way. Tough loss.

You don't say? It might have something to do with his shoulder, missing over a year and just flat out lucky he was able to ever play again. While I'm sure we all wished and wanted him to come back and be the Luck he always was we don't know how long that will take or if he'll ever be that guy again. Also, pretty sure that eagles defense is pretty good. I mean, all me crazy....

• Thanks 1

I think it's time to judge what's happening by the deeds of those involved rather than by their words. They've been saying Luck is not limited, they've been saying he can make every throw, etc. I'm sorry but I can not believe that when I watch what's actually happening when Luck is on the field. I got chewed up here in preseason when I suggested that Lucks' throws lack zip and float in the air, that even the relatively long ones he attempts looked under-thrown and flutter and hang in the air. 

This is indisputable now. Judge them by their deeds! Reich is dink and dunking with him and Luck just had a 4.1 ypa game!!! This is about the average for running game, not passing game! He is obviously designing his gameplan with the limitations of Luck's arm in mind. And the previous 2 games weren't much better in that regard either. Those are 3 of the lowest YPA games he's ever had:

Dnzi0_FXoAAbwV5.jpg

You can excuse taking Luck out for the Hail Mary as much as you want but that does not happen to 100% healthy/functional QBs, especially ones that have never before had troubles with arm-strength. Luck is obviously limited.

Now the question is will this improve with time, because if it doesn't .... boy oh boy.... are we in for a wild ride.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

thank you. 

BACKUP TACKLES! Read it folks. We have played 3 top tier defensive lines to start the season. We cannot throw the deep ball much without exposing Luck. The dink and dunk game has given us a chance to be 3-0 right now. That is enough. 

I would say if anything the defense has given the Colts a chance to be 3-0 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agreed...   except post-snap his targets are covered and he is STILL going to them even when they’re not open...

I think he's overthinking some of his decisions because he knows his arm-strength is not up to his usual level, so he probably is doubting whether he can fit this ball in that window or throw far enough for this or that route with the required zip. What used to be natural for him, he now probably has to re-calibrate on the fly in his mind with some of the best athletes flying around him trying to take his head off... and the lackluster protection doesn't help either. 

I didn't watch the game.  My only comment is this.  I said before the season, we will see what this team is capable of being at 9 games into the season.   New offence, new defence, huge roster turnover and Luck coming back from injury and time off.  It takes time and I know everyone is frustrated by the loss.  We have been in all 3 games.  Honestly, I am surprised we have been that competitive because of all our changes.  I so think our biggest  areas of concern 

45 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agreed...   except post-snap his targets are covered and he is STILL going to them even when they’re not open...

The whole thing is a work in progress. Everyone wanted him to take care of his body by playing smart and releasing the ball. Today was without Doyle, Mack and Constanzo, and vs the Superbowl champs in the rain. Relax. If he stinks vs Houston then we can worry. 

Opps..sorry ...pushed enter button by mistake.  Our main areas of concern is the ability of ourr recievers to catch the ball and separate. Our tackle situation is definitely a concern.  I do admit that Luck does make to many dumb throws.  This team relied on him to much in his early years.  He put the team on his back and he had to make some very risky throws and it worked.  I truly do wonder if it is almost in his DNA where he feels he still needs to do it all himself. I am not sure if he is able to just settle and let the game develop in front of him.  I don't think he trusts his recievers and that is why he locks onto Hilton.  Would u trust this bunch? They can't desperate and can't catch!!!

The defense is carrying this team right now. They put up a very good performance today minus the penalties and gave us a chance to win. Luck is unquestionably the weak link on the team right now. It's a combination of being hurt still and playing poorly IMO. I think he has more damage than previously thought before game 1 begun. 

Right now, Luck is playing like a bottom 10 QB rather than a top 10 one. It's a bit depressing when you look at how good other QB's are doing across the league. Hopefully Luck improves throughout the season. It's sad, as the defense improves, and the offense looks like garbage.

• Like 1

I’m sure this offense and Luck would look much more dynamic with a healthy Mack, AC, Doyle and heck with we had Cain also.  Chester can’t even cut it as a third receiver, he’s a complete non factor.  

This team is missing a lot of talent, still has plenty of holes, is incredibly young, new coaching, Luck coming back off a horrible injury and they put up a great game with the champs @ Philly.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

I would say if anything the defense has given the Colts a chance to be 3-0 

And i would agree that the defense has played exceptional. 

But this offense is hurt, and they have taken some dang good defenses out of their disruptive game, which has limited big mistakes that can wreck even the best defensive performance. 

The offense has been less than ideal, but it is what is right now. When you are without your franchise left tackle, starting runningback, and now your key starting tight end, it's going to be limited. Luck is rusty still. But the short game that Reich is employing works moving the sticks and extending drives which helps the defense... it didn't happen today. 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The defense is carrying this team right now. They put up a very good performance today minus the penalties and gave us a chance to win. Luck is unquestionably the weak link on the team right now. It's a combination of being hurt still and playing poorly IMO. I think he has more damage than previously thought before game 1 begun. 

Right now, Luck is playing like a bottom 10 QB rather than a top 10 one. It's a bit depressing when you look at how good other QB's are doing across the league. Hopefully Luck improves throughout the season. It's sad, as the defense improves, and the offense looks like garbage.

Yeah and Ryan Fitzpatrick and Patrick Mahomes are the best quarterbacks in the league.  It’s still early being my point.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Our run game is the weak link on this team.   The short passing game is great if your play makers can make someone miss.   The d played great,  but they should have stopped the eagles 3 times on that go ahead td drive.   Stupid penalties and missed tackles.   Luck will be fine.   Hopefully Castanzo gets back soon

• Like 2

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yeah and Ryan Fitzpatrick and Patrick Mahomes are the best quarterbacks in the league.  It’s still early being my point.

Fitzpatrick is obviously a fluke, Mahomes may be a genuine breakout on a very good Chiefs team. I don't just mean that, I mean look at QB's across the league these days in a given week, and half of them are throwing for around 300 yards and 3 tds. That used to be Luck, and now we'd give our right arm for that to happen again. 

Being early has nothing to do with it. If Luck has genuine shoulder damage, he's going to keep doing this, if he heals up, eventually he'll improve, but it has nothing to do with it being early, it just has to do with him not having permanent damage to the point where he's going to play like this every week. Even if he makes better decisions, that'll only do so much, and I have to admit, I'm starting to get very nervous right now.

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Our run game is the weak link on this team.   The short passing game is great if your play makers can make someone miss.   The d played great,  but they should have stopped the eagles 3 times on that go ahead td drive.   Stupid penalties and missed tackles.   Luck will be fine.   Hopefully Castanzo gets back soon

I hope AC comes back soon as well as that darn hammy must be bad.  I hope it’s not one of those injuries where he’s projected to come back in a couple weeks but then out of the blue they just IR him:censored:.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

3. Like you , I want the Colts to win, but I can't take solace in thinking that due to the rain, Luck played horribly while Wentz did not; rather, I think that Luck has been playing poorly over the last few weeks and today's result is his lowest ypa of his career (4.1 ypa) and the lowest passing yards of his career. Last weeks performance was also alarming.

Luck didn't play horribly....he was very good....

we were without both tackles and our top tight end...

facing a top defense in the rain he had us one play from an upset.

I saw a totally different game than you did.

• Like 4

I think everything is sort of interlinked right now:

1. Luck is rusty, especially with his reads. He doesn't have full arm strength.

2. The offensive tackles are injured.

3. Hilton is our only trusted deep ball threat

4. We don't have a high quality RB

3. So from there, Reich's play calling won't look to push the ball down the field, as he is afraid his offensive tackles will get beat and Luck doesn't have the arm strength.

4. Our run game isn't strong right now, with our two best running backs and tackles missing

I think the sooner we get back Costanzo, Mack and Turbin the better, with Good getting more playing time. I think then, our running game will be more effective and help this spluttering offense. The tackles back will allow Luck for more time in the pocket and maybe we see the Colts stretch the field more. But we need Luck to get better, especially with his reads and ball placement.

The good news is that, Jags aside, we are going to be meeting much more inferior defenses from now on.

39 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think he's overthinking some of his decisions because he knows his arm-strength is not up to his usual level, so he probably is doubting whether he can fit this ball in that window or throw far enough for this or that route with the required zip. What used to be natural for him, he now probably has to re-calibrate on the fly in his mind with some of the best athletes flying around him trying to take his head off... and the lackluster protection doesn't help either. 

I was very encouraged today.....The Eagles are simply better than we are especially in the 0-line and on defense..

…….Luck did all he could against a strong defense.

I still think we're a playoff team

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I wouldn't say luck was very good.   He had a rough day,   but he still drove the field when it mattered.   Just didn't happen.  There is rust no doubt.   Also a new offense,  new play makers except TY.  This isn't Madden.   It takes time.   I'm happy with the defense outside of the stupid penalties

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Fitzpatrick is obviously a fluke, Mahomes may be a genuine breakout on a very good Chiefs team. I don't just mean that, I mean look at QB's across the league these days in a given week, and half of them are throwing for around 300 yards and 3 tds. That used to be Luck, and now we'd give our right arm for that to happen again. 

Being early has nothing to do with it. If Luck has genuine shoulder damage, he's going to keep doing this, if he heals up, eventually he'll improve, but it has nothing to do with it being early, it just has to do with him not having permanent damage to the point where he's going to play like this every week. Even if he makes better decisions, that'll only do so much, and I have to admit, I'm starting to get very nervous right now.

Luck threw for 300 yards just two weeks ago lol.  Rodgers didn’t throw for 300 against the Skins today.  

I do agree that he looked off today with his throws.  At the same time it was pretty crappy weather in an insanely hostile evironment.  Ebron and Chester didn’t help at all by miffing 2x TD catches.  

We’ll have to see how Luck bounces back next week against the Texans.  If he looks like he did today at home Vs the Texans then I’d worry.  This offense has played three very stout defenses so far.  If he comes out and throws for 300-400 yards with 2-3 TDs then everyone’s going to be saying he looks great, blah blah blah.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

1. It's certainly a team game and definitely a lot of reasons for the outcome of the game. Having starting O-linemen out is an issue, without question.

2. The rain however, isn't an excuse. Missing starting receivers (TE) isn't an excuse either. Both teams played in the rain and both teams were missing their favorite targets. Wentz played well, while Luck did not.

3. Our defense kept us in the game, making it appear as though Luck had on one play from an upset. The fact is, this game reflected Luck's lowest yards passing of his career and lowest YPA at 4.1 of his career. Statistically, this is among Luck's worst games. There's no way around that.

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Exactly...we cant use any play action and go deep with out a run threat or offensive tackles...

Luck battled to the end...I thought he played well considering the opposition and the conditions

This was one game on the schedule I gave us little chance of winning and we were one play away.....I'm disappointed but encouraged